http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodCHIcity_XP.htm

ImageImageImage
Howieb
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Howie

Re: Miami City XP

Post by Howieb »

I know this is off subject, but I just purchased Chicago XP and can't find a place to ask a question. Can I install the ORBX or X-Plane Meigs field over this scenery?
Thanks a lot,
Howard
xjt10
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: AustinLee

Re: Miami City XP

Post by xjt10 »

I do also have a question about Chicago airports XP11. No night lighting for the edge taxiway along with other airport lighting. KPWK I noticed. :(
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago City XP

Post by Martin_Starski »

xjt10 wrote: Monday 23 Dec 2019, 02:12 No night lighting for the edge taxiway
Please refer to the charts - some airports do not have taxiway edge lights.
Taxiway centerline lights are often not alligned with the drawn line simply to produce less "bumps" when taxiing on it with the front gear.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Howieb wrote: Sunday 22 Dec 2019, 18:42 install the ORBX or X-Plane Meigs field
You may give a try - according to the posts from forums, it's working fine.
msanem
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: msanem

Post by msanem »

For some reason Chicago City and Chicago Airports freezes my system. It hangs for nearly 20 minutes and then starts working with sputters.

Every other product I have bought from you runs smooth as silk.

I removed all other scenery that I thought might conflict, such as other payware KORD and Meigs.

Even with those removed and Chicago City and airports reinstalled, I get the same freeze.

It’s quite puzzling. Everything else works great, including your INCREDIBLE new version of UUEE with Moscow City.

Any ideas?

Best regards.

System:

CPU: AMD FX-8350
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 – AMD 970
Memory: 16 GB - DDR3-2133 ADATA XPG
Video card: Nvidia GTX 1070 -8 GB ASUS Turbo
SSD
xjt10
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by xjt10 »

I work at KPWK 40hours day and night. I know whats there and whats not there. 100% there are taxiway edge lights. You even put them in FSX for crying out loud!!! This airport needs a update. I got a long list of changes that need to be made. I mean you have the orthophoto for the taxi lights LOL. But not them. The roof of Hawthorne Global. The FBO does not have a brown roof. Its a dark green. And your missing a parking lot at HGR21. The other Hawthorne HGR. May I must go on?
xjt10
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by xjt10 »

This regards msanem. I also have that issue were my system freezes up. ONLY with Chicago. All others work smooth. Its not even flyable. Please do a performance update soon. I dont like my fps going from 45 to 16
paulgee
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: PaulGee

Re: Chicago City XP Performance

Post by paulgee »

Hi I am trying to install Chicago airports and city but it's unusable. I"m getting frame rates so low that forced quit is the only option!

I have downloaded both packs and have simply dragged the unchanged City and Airports folders to custom scenery.

On its own, the airports pack seems to work ok. But when the city pack is installed, it's utterly unusable.

The only other scenery I have is the Meigs airport by Orbx, but I have tried uninstalling this and it's still causing performance issues.

Any ideas?
Howieb
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Howieb »

I tried moving the ORBX Meigs Field higher up but it also over writes the downtown buildings. Is there another way to add the Meigs Field scenery to this software?
Thanks,
Sentry11
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Sentry11

Post by Sentry11 »

"by paulgee » Monday 23 Dec 2019, 12:52
Hi I am trying to install Chicago airports and city but it's unusable. I"m getting frame rates so low that forced quit is the only option!

I have downloaded both packs and have simply dragged the unchanged City and Airports folders to custom scenery.

On its own, the airports pack seems to work ok. But when the city pack is installed, it's utterly unusable.

The only other scenery I have is the Meigs airport by Orbx, but I have tried uninstalling this and it's still causing performance issues.

Any ideas?"

Maybe if you try setting as follows above Global Airports in the "ini" file and see if that helps your FPS.

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_KCGX_A_Merrill_C_Meigs_Field/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD Chicago XP/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD Chicago Airports XP/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_KCGX_C_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/ZZZ_Orbx_KCGX_Merrill_C_Meigs_Field/
Howieb
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Howieb »

THanks a lot. I am going to try that!
bbell1102
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: bbell1102

Post by bbell1102 »

Has anyone been able to disable certain airports in this pack? The installer did not give me the option, only Static A/C and Photoreal textures On and Off.

My issue is I don't have the best system and KORD runs poorly on my system, but KMDW runs fine. I would like to keep KMDW for my SWA hops, and deactivate/turn off KORD.

Thanks!
msanem
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: msanem

Post by msanem »

I did some more checking various options and combinations tonight and the issue is Chicago XP. For some reason it just freezes my computer completely. If I wait 15-20 minutes it might move a few frames. Then, I can't even get X-Plane to close properly.

The Chicago Airports package is great and runs smoothly. The airport package also runs great with the payware Meigs field package that is out there from another vender.

I am sure you guys will get it figured out shortly.

Thanks again for your products.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Guys, thanks for the reports. We will do our best to diagnose those issues.
xjt10 wrote: Monday 23 Dec 2019, 19:01 May I must go on?
Sure, if you work at the airport any report/comment would be extremely valuable.

KCGX:
You should place
Orbx_KCGX_A_Merrill_C_Meigs_Field and Orbx_KCGX_C_Overlay
above DD Chicago City and DD Chicago Airports (or simply add f/e "C_" to their name so that the sim would automatically place them above "DD") and disable
ZZZ_Orbx_KCGX_Merrill_C_Meigs_Field