Post by Badl4ndz »

I'm not seeing either Chicago XP or Chicago Airports XP on the FSPS Store
cdawg9999
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Chris

Re: Chicago Airports XP

Post by cdawg9999 »

Having issues with the night lighting at KORD. During the day I can get anywhere from 40-60 fps. When the lights go on at night around the main terminal area i'm getting 8-15fps. The problem at KMDW is similar but not as bad at KORD. The other issue i'm seeing is the LOD of autogen lights in the Chicago area. Seems to be short. Outside Chicago where I use the extended night lighting mod I don't have any issues
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Badl4ndz wrote: Monday 23 Dec 2019, 18:58 I'm not seeing either Chicago XP or Chicago Airports XP on the FSPS Store
Sorry but it's necessary to contact the vendor directly - all of them are provided with our sceneries / updates at the same time.
cdawg9999 wrote: Tuesday 24 Dec 2019, 05:44 the extended night lighting mod
You mean any addon / extension here?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Badl4ndz wrote: Monday 23 Dec 2019, 18:58 I'm not seeing either Chicago XP or Chicago Airports XP on the FSPS Store
http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... ?f=3&t=422
KDTWFlyer
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: KDTW_Flyer

Post by KDTWFlyer »

Happy holidays! I'm not sure if this is the place to report bugs, but I have two bugs I'd like to kindly report.

1. There does not appear to be any blue taxiway edge lights at Executive Airport (KPWK). I have never bee to this airport in real life but you can see that they are there in Google Earth.

2. At O'Hare (KORD) there are a few places where bright light shows on the ground (I believe this is a terrain issue) You have to have the free camera in a particular location to see it, one position you can see it, then you can move it and the light disappears. This problem appears around most of the ponds and the taxiway bridges near Concourse L and Terminal 5 gate 1.

Otherwise, the airports and city are very nice, both products will see plenty of use by me :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Torbin
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Ned_Torbin

Post by Torbin »

I'm seeing the same thing as posted above. I made a short video on when I see the blue mesh issue and what might be a water overlay(?) issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2x98xi2qc690 ... g.mp4?dl=0
Torbin
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Torbin »

Hi, I noticed some missing glass on the terminal at gate C19. The red lines point to the problem areas, and green lines to comparable areas where it appears ok.

https://ibb.co/7pcxMvk

https://ibb.co/tpvvKfd
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

cdawg9999: Before publishing i did some tests with night lighting. Yes FPS little bit drops but not so critical. In next few day i'll try again, maybe we will found a compromise.

KDTWFlyer: Yes, bugs approved. In case KPWK i fix it in next few days. About blue lines - we use X-plane bug for creating 3D mesh, and blue lines is bug of this solution. If i remove blue lines - you will see crazy mesh shimmering. I think our solution better than shimerring. You can see mesh without without blue lines but with shimerring if change LOD distance in KORD_Mesh_T5_Transperency_LOD.obj KORD_mesh_transperency_LOD.obj.

Torbin: Bugs approved i fix it in next few days.

THANK YOU FOR YOURS FEEDBACKS, TOGETHER WE MAKE OUR PRODUCTS BETTER!
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MARRY CRISTMAS
Torbin
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Torbin »

Moter wrote: Thursday 26 Dec 2019, 07:00 cdawg9999: Before publishing i did some tests with night lighting. Yes FPS little bit drops but not so critical. In next few day i'll try again, maybe we will found a compromise.

THANK YOU FOR YOURS FEEDBACKS, TOGETHER WE MAKE OUR PRODUCTS BETTER!
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MARRY CRISTMAS
I have seen other airport developers improve night lighting frame rate issues by reducing the distance the lighting reaches onto the apron. ORD and MDW currently have a significant percentage of the apron lit beyond the gates.
Torbin
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Torbin »

Moter, in scenery packages like Chicago and Seattle that provide multiple airports, can you give the option within the installer to select which airports we want to instal? This would allow users that had other versions of the airports to see what version works best for them.

Example: I have another version of ORD made by a different designer, but I cannot use this other ORD version with Drzewiecki's MDW and PWK because the instal puts everything within the one folder.

Thank you.
Torbin
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Torbin »

Hi, I found an invisible pothole on RWY 28C at ORD just past the 6000 ft remaining sign, between taxiways P5 and P3. This short video shows what happens.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fl0pogoz6rsu ... 5.mp4?dl=0
rcastrig

Post by rcastrig »

Hello,

I am also seeing a pretty substantial drop in FPS at night at both KORD and KMDW. Is there any way a quick fix can be uploaded? I have also seen other developers change the distance the light effect is enabled and this seems to work! Otherwise great product! Enjoying the city as well!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for the suggestion - we are working on the issue.
rcastrig

Post by rcastrig »

Thanks for your hard work and support! Where will the update be posted?