Name: Stanisław

Re: KMDW Chicago Midway MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Yes, please turn the photogrammetry on.
PilotDyckmans91

Post by PilotDyckmans91 »

I don't fly with with it like most of the simmers...
It's giving more problems!

I saw the same problem at other airports you made.
I tested all of them, i don't have this problem on any other of your airports...
So there has to be a solution without photogrametry!

I saw in other posts files that excludes trees...
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

From which store do you have your version? Let us think whether we can provide any fix for this particular product easily and whether it might have any negative impact on some other features of this scenery. But please also bear in mind that there is a Christmas & New Year's break, so don't expect prompt feedback.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

PilotDyckmans91 wrote: Wednesday 27 Dec 2023, 13:24most of the simmers...
You must be joking - photogrammetry is the coolest MSFS feature. Anyway, we will have a look at the trees problem in the future.
PilotDyckmans91

Post by PilotDyckmans91 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 27 Dec 2023, 22:00 From which store do you have your version? Let us think whether we can provide any fix for this particular product easily and whether it might have any negative impact on some other features of this scenery. But please also bear in mind that there is a Christmas & New Year's break, so don't expect prompt feedback.
From the ORBX store.
Tailspin488
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: tailspin88

Post by Tailspin488 »

Hello,

Just installed the V1.1 update for the first time and it's very good, thank you. I bought this scenery a while ago and with the issues V1 had I could not and would not use it. I decided to download the update and give it another go and it's honestly very well done and the performance is good.

One issue that stands out though, is the buildings stand out above the weather from within the aircraft. It's like they're cut and pasted on top of clouds that should be obscuring them.

From the drone camera this doesn't appear to be an issue, and the buildings are shrouded in fog and weather and disappear as you move away from them. But not in 1st person view from an aircraft.

Hopefully you can iron out this one, seemingly last issue that would make this scenery one of the best out there. It's kind of irritating to see the buildings through IFR weather from miles away when visibility is otherwise zero.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks a lot for your very kind words.

Regarding your issue, it would be great to see a screenshot showing it. I can only presume that you might be referring to a glass sticking out through the fog. Unfortunately, it is the sim issue, that we cannot do anything about.

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/ ... w-vis/3752
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ce ... ity/340505
Tailspin488
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Tailspin488 »

Here you can see the hangars and parking garages on the north side of the airport right through the fog / low visibility. Depending on the direction you are looking at the airport, some times you can also see the terminal building through the fog, but not from all angles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We will check it - if there is anything that we can adjust/improve, we will do it in the next update.
Tailspin488
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Tailspin488 »

That would be great, looks like maybe just an optimization issue since it doesn't appear for all buildings or from all angles approaching the airport. Only certain buildings from certain directions.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Tailspin488 wrote: Monday 15 Jan 2024, 16:06 certain buildings from certain directions.
You are fully right - during our internal tests, we could replicate your problem. I hope we will be able to provide a fix here soon.
Boeing
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Andrei

Post by Boeing »

Hello,
I have some issue with the KMDW. When I start at the gate (any gates) the PMDG B737 cannot connect to their ground equipment, also third party add on like FS traffic doesn’t work. And GSX as well. Something cannot be read by code I think… I tried everything without any add ons but same issue all the time. Any idea what it can be? Thank you !
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

You need to elaborate or show some screenshots because your description is too general. It's mentioned in our product's description that it's fully compatible with GSX Pro using Cartayna Files. Theoretically, you can also find some other GSX profiles too. We've never tested it with FS traffic - what is wrong there? Have you maybe asked this developer about your problem?
Boeing
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Andrei

Post by Boeing »

It is happening only with KMDW airport. What you wanna see on screenshot?? Just what I am saying the GSX cannot be edited because the problem is with some code (cannot be read) Also PMDG cannot create any their ground equipment especially in KMDW. What you need more? FS Traffic cannot create their planes because of KMDW. What you need more information? Tell me
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
KMDW was released in 2021 and this is first time we get such a report, so any additional information you can provide might help.
Boeing wrote: Monday 12 Feb 2024, 11:08 GSX cannot be edited because the problem is with some code
Please elaborate.