Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Why is that?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

seam1977 wrote:So we can expect some updates or patches (...)
As far as I remember, SODE is only implemented in UUEE and EETN, and thus only these two sceneries have to be compatibile with GSX. All other sceneries are compatibile with GSX similarly as each other freeware or payware scenery is.
DD Stanislaw wrote:(...) we will be able to make our current and future products fully compatible with GSX engine.
By the way: should we understand that it's necessary to modify your sceneries somehow or the ball's in FSDT court and we should only expect the patch/update from them?

When it's done, you will be able to modify your "compatibility's description", for example in Simmarket 8)

Regarding promo videos - in my opinion the number 2 is better, although - as for me - there is no clear mention about the animated jetways, which is possible to see in the promo video number 1.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Exactly Marcin, only EETN and UUEE will be edited to be compatible with GSX. It is a question of models renaming only. The story is just the same with AES. Actually the AES compatibility is already provided (will be published in the nearest update) even though AES does not support those 2 airports yet. :-)
seam1977
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by seam1977 »

I mean EETN and UUEE, other Airports are fine my mistake :roll: .There os no problems with PA1-3 incl.Krakow, Warsaw City, Bornholm and US Airports[/quote]
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I've just installed the new version of EETN.

After new installation, GSX didn't want to start working - re-instalation was necessary again.

But the main problem is that the jetways disappeared permanently...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Marcin, why don't you just read the descriptions of what you are installing? Have you had the "AES Compatibility" ticked? Do you have the AES with EETN support? The installer is made in such an easy way to handle that I don't think it can be any easier... Everything is decribed during the install.

BTW, you also need to update your GSX to "cooperate" properly with our airports. The update is available via GSX itself.
eke2000
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

something new after 1.3

Post by eke2000 »

Hi,

after installing new version 1.3 - i lost all Jetway Gates from my Tallinn X scenery.
Also in SODE menu (Shift+D) no anymore action "Dock Jetway Gate", only i see in list 3 action with Hangar Doors and the fourth is "Exit".

PS!
Before, when i installing new 1.3 version i removed and deleted previous version (1.1).
Version 1.3 i installing 2 times :
when first time installing, then i not cheked in Tallinn X setup AES compatibility (because i don`t have AES) and then removed Tallinn X scenery, because no Gates.
The second time installing Tallinn X v.1.3, then cheked AES combatibility but result is same - no Gates in Tallinn scenery.
Please help, what is wrong?
my simulator P3DV2.3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfl928e40o6zj2i/2014-9-12_14-49-0-614x.jpg?dl=0
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Ok, in fact currently I'm not absolutely sure whether during the first install I ticked the "AES Compatibility" or not. I can only presume that I didn't do that, because I don't use AES at all.

But the scenery was de-installed again:
-> removed from FSX Library
-> removed from Addon Scenery
-> removed Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Misc\DrzewieckiDesign_EETN
-> removed Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign

The new installation was made, of course without "AES Compatibility". There are no jetways at all at the scenery.

We can assume that I made a mistake for the first time (but I'm not sure that I did it indeed) - is it possible that after the new installation the problem still occur?

GSX was completely reinstalled including all new features. I'm aware ot that.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok, I am sorry, it was my fault, just a stupid installator issue. I will upload a fix asap.
For a quick fix you can put THIS FILE into FSX\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign but I would recommend using the new installer.

GSX should work perfectly though.
yurikov
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by yurikov »

Hello,

I installed the latest (1.3) update and the GSX fix. GSX and jetways are working fine, in P3D v2.3.

However, the runway and taxiway lights are still not working, NAV2 is on 112.00.

See this link:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

...just as in all our other sceneries, except for a few that are designed differently. We will hope that LM will fix this bug in their next P3D release.
coley
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by coley »

Hi Stanislaw,

I'm impressed with the visual quality of the scenery but as many before me i have the same issues. After installing v1.3 few days ago - GSX does not work in any of my airports and also EETN seems to be missing jetways.

Can you provide clear instructions how and what to do as the information in this thread seems to be misleading somewhat.

Thanks!

edit: Just to clear up - i just got the 1.3 from SimMarket few days ago and prior to that i have no earlier versions (or demo version) of the scenery installed.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

A note to all customers with the no-jetways issue:

The most possible (although not fully confirmed) cause of the issue is your security settings in your system. Generally it is not recommended to install FS to the default location (C:/Microsoft games etc). This causes quite a lot of bugs with 3rd party installers. You should always try installing it on a different partition than your system is located (for example D:/FSX).

Windows security settings (or actually accessibility settings) are blocking the animation system to run. They also block our installers from adding the scenery automatically to FS Scenery Library. So:

• In case our installer did not add the scenery to your FS Scenery Library automatically, you will most probably have a no-jetways issue as well.

The question is what can we do now (obviously besides reinstalling the whole FS on a different drive). This is quite tricky, as you will need to play with various accessibility settings. What you should try doing is:

Access your main FS folder (where the fsx.exe is located) with all its subfolders "to everyone". Your settings window might be written in different language but the rule is similar:

Depending on your FSX/P3D folder complexity it might take a few minutes for the system to do it. You can also do the same with the configuration folder: %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX (just paste the link to the win explorer to access it).

Hope this helps and if it does, please let me know.
eke2000
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

again from runway lighting in P3Dv2.4

Post by eke2000 »

Prepar3D now has released update to 2.4 but it did not solve the runway lighting problem in EETN Tallinn X. Implausible, that in the near future new update coming up from Lockheed. And it means that runway in Tallinn will remain in the darkness.
Bad luck,that in my hometown became the new, experimental runway lighting system,because all the other airports scenerys (shareware and freeware) doesn`t have this problem.
Is there any way possible get the runway lighting work? Even just an interim solution?
I'd put myself some of the old EETN.AFX file to TallinnX scenery (and overwrite) but it does not help because in Tallinn x scenery don`t have simple scenery-afx file.
Can anybody give a solution?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: again from runway lighting in P3Dv2.4

Post by DD Stanislaw »

eke2000 wrote:new, experimental runway lighting system
This system is neither new nor experimantal and it is used in 15 of our airports and by many other companies as well, like Aerosoft for example. Unfortunately all of these airports with fully customized lighting have just the same problem in P3D v2.3 and higher. Developing new lighting from scratch for so many airports is going to take weeks of unrefundable work is certainly is not going to happen soon, unless we find or would be provided with a quick method to fix this issue. The same problem is with the safegate system which does not work correctly in P3D v2.3 and higher.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=pl&q=p ... gws_rd=ssl

What you might try to do would be to enable the default AFCAD runway/approach lights by downloading THIS FILE and placing it into Prepar3D v2\Addon Scenery\EETN Tallinn X\Scenery . Obviously these lights will not be alligned with our 3D light objects.