New York City X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
It should in the Missions. Which sim do you use?
daviddiamond
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by daviddiamond »

I'm running FSX (not steam) in Windows 10.

I see a category in missions called RDJ EXTREME AIRLINE_HUDSON_MIRACLE, but it says "no missions found" when I select it.

I also see 4 aircraft starting with RDJ with question marks rather than a picture.

I reran the install EXE in administrator mode and got the same results.

Thanks
asegm08
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by asegm08 »

I was wondering if there is any way to maintain the ORBX FTX Global lights when using your scenery. Currently I have no lights even from the ground Polys in P3D. The city is as dark as a jungle if it were not for the buildings over Jamaica, Astoria, West New York, Queens. Having the ability for some default lighting would be much realistic.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This might be very hard (if possible at all) in this particular area.
C6_Pat
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by C6_Pat »

Hi All !

I'm French man C6_Pat with the big heat my P47 cockpit simulator :

virtualP47

Thank you for your beautiful New York V2 scenery, i have a nice flight with my P47 sim and i send for you my video, have a good watching ! :

P47 Thunderbolt simulator C6_Pat N9

:wink:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Wow, a thruly amazing sim! I am glad you had fun with our product! :)
JAVI
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by JAVI »

I have some blocks randomally flicker in Black. In your videos and other videos this doesn't happen.
What's the trouble. I have 4.6ghz and a 980ti. With other sceneries I don't have that annoying trouble.
Many thanks.

For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1gH8J9XU9c

[ Added: Wed Jan 06, 2016 19:52 ]
Another example without flickering in black. It doesn't help to turn down all details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHxqckisRsc
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
I don't see any flickering on those videos... Do you have the latest v2 version installer? Please make sure that you have completely removed the previous version prior to installing the new one.
JAVI
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by JAVI »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hello.
I don't see any flickering on those videos... Do you have the latest v2 version installer? Please make sure that you have completely removed the previous version prior to installing the new one.
Here it is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YikvQjv20k

I have reinstalled erasing first from the add on folder NewYork x. It doesn't help to put down all sliders. The same with Copenhaguen. It only happens with your product. With other add on I don't have any trouble even with my own custom airports and building with high textures.

Thanks a lot.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

We did not release anything near Copenhaguen.
This is normal, this is texture loading. Textures need to be loaded at one point. You can only make that effect happen faster by following the instructions in this tutorial: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4wu3vqhf8jkm ... m.pdf?dl=1 . As I can see from the video, you have quite a lot of clouds, high level of water effects and high LOD settings. You should also install the Lite Texture Pack (this option is available during install).
JAVI wrote:With other add on I don't have any trouble even with my own custom airports and building with high textures.
Please give me an example of a city scenery you are comparing our product with - it should have around 6000 custom buildings and the photoreal area with autogen should be around 3000sq km.
JAVI
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by JAVI »

[ Added: Sat Jan 09, 2016 19:06 ]
DD Stanislaw wrote:Hello.
Yes, I have done that.
I have set mainly all settings to low. I have tried with lite textures too. No FXAA, NO MSAA, autogen building-vegetation in none, scenerey complexity medium, rest of the levels low or none, 0% traffic, no clouds, no shadows and… here it is my video with locked frames at 30fps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysRKDkC ... e=youtu.be

I like your scenery but this texture problema should have been showed before buying your product. You can't enjoy flying or believe you are flying with this issue.
Seriously, I can fly with all max on with this simulator even with photorealistic sceneries and autogen to max without any trouble with textures. I don’t understand why they need to go black first and not to charge over the old ones. I doesn’t happen with clouds, ground, autogen and so on.
I also have a powerful hardware: i3570oc 4.5ghz, 980 ti, SSD and 16 G Ram.
If you solve this problem in the future I would buy more sceneries from you but with this trouble it’s imposible. Try to fix it, please.

[ Added: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:47 ]
DD Stanislaw wrote:We did not release anything near Copenhaguen.
This is normal, this is texture loading. Textures need to be loaded at one point. You can only make that effect happen faster by following the instructions in this tutorial: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4wu3vqhf8jkm ... m.pdf?dl=1 . As I can see from the video, you have quite a lot of clouds, high level of water effects and high LOD settings. You should also install the Lite Texture Pack (this option is available during install).
JAVI wrote:With other add on I don't have any trouble even with my own custom airports and building with high textures.
Please give me an example of a city scenery you are comparing our product with - it should have around 6000 custom buildings and the photoreal area with autogen should be around 3000sq km.
I have even tried with a ram disk. I loaded New York scenery in it and the texture issue is the same. That's an argument for saying that Drzewiecki Design didn't find the right method to efficiently load the textures.
Where can they be loaded faster than in a ram disk?

Flight simulator with thousands of textures and buildings at 60fps in my computer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DviJ7yo8fx0
fredm
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

How to uninstall New York City X from FSX?

Post by fredm »

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere -- I have searched but have not found anything.

I would like to remove the New York City X scenery from FSX and install it to P3Dv3. Is there an uninstall process or script? Thanks...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to uninstall New York City X from FSX?

Post by DD Stanislaw »

fredm wrote:uninstall
Hi. Simply remove it from Scenery Library and install into P3D.
Julean
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Simware Solutions seems not to update New York City X to V2

Post by Julean »

Hi

I did write to Simware solution and requested an update of the scenery.

Info Simware Simulations <info@simw.com>
Til Julean Jens Michlas 23/11/15 kl. 10:53 AM
Dear Sir,

It will be updated this week.

Best regards,

Cedric Mattys

SimWare Simulations
290 Chaussée de Ruisbroek
1620 Drogenbos
Belgium
-------------------------------------------
TEL : ++32-(0)2-331 25 09
www.simw.com - www.simware.fr
info@simw.com
--------------------------------------------

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Julean Jens Michlas [mailto:juleanjmn@yahoo.dk]
Envoyé : jeudi 19 novembre 2015 21:04
À : Info Simware Simulations <info@simw.com>
Objet : SW : Contact Us Submission

*** SW : Contact Us Submission ***
First Name: Julean Jens Michlas
Email Address: juleanjmn@yahoo.dk
Company: Nielsen
Questions/Comments: Hi New York City X is updateded to V2

When do you think it will be avilable?

I have the first version...

I did have since november written to them 3 times, because since november they completely ignored me.

How do I optain a functional update?

All the best

Love and light

Jens Michlas, DK
Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen Denmark
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Use Simmarket next time :wink:
They told me too that it will be uploaded asap.