New York City X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

Julean
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Anyway to optain the update offer...

Post by Julean »

...when Simway solutions apparently ignore its customers?

It has not been a good experience.. I mean 3 months and still no update?

And I follow your suggestion.

And your sceneries are really awesome

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Q ... directlink

[ Added: Sat Jan 30, 2016 16:51 ]
They just got the new Valencia scenery..
http://www.simw.com/blog

Why are they not updating the NY scenery?

I will call the monday and ask, sorry for the language. WTF they are doing?
The wil have to pay back the cost for updating an other place.

All the best

Jens
Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen Denmark
lebr1
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

night lighting with NYC v2.0

Post by lebr1 »

Hi stanislaw,
NYC you made is simply amazing ! BUT, very dark at night ! Is there a way you can put more lighting or can we use another solution like the Night Environment (NE)series.
In fact, i bought them to see improvements and it actualy did a huge difference...but there is a catch.
Around the plane, you will see a perimeter excluding the NE lights, meaning that both products don't blend together.

So, is there a way to turn off something within NYC city to permit the NE products to take care of the lights ON THE GROUND ...or can you bring more lights on the ground for NYC ?

thanks.
i74930k@4.5ghz,16GBram@2400MHz,gtx780ti,asusx79deluxe,h2oh100i,2x2tohdd,2x850pro,1x 500GB velociraptor.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello. You can turn off the ground textures which might look better at night however at day there will be a large negative difference. Anyway you can try removing the largest BGL files and see for yourself.
cannow
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by cannow »

Hi All have you tried New York city X in V3.3 of prep3d just released . Just seems to Immediately OOM can yet find a low enough setting to load it . Anyone else tried .
Excellent scenary by the way and worked a treat on V3.2

[ Added: Tue Jun 07, 2016 17:38 ]
I have just posted this on the prep3d site some testing done around New York . I have seen similar issues with other developers add-ons with V3.3 .

Adam results below on some testing . Looks like the high Vas usage for me is scenary add on related .Can I emphasise I have not picked on DD Designs excellent software it was my best test area as very demanding. I have seen similar results in aerosoft EGLL and fly tampa corfu looks high as well . I am sure if I did more testing I could find more addon scenary where the VAS is much higher with V3.3 . Any hope the upcoming hotfix may cure this . Hats off to the besta testers this sort of comparison testing takes for ever .
Results below

KJFK RWY 4L No Weather No Ai Project fly tools for Vas and stock a36 Daytime
First figure v3.2 and second v3.3
Rex Tex only and FTX Global Stock Airport ,,,,,,,,,, 1.8,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1.8
fs global 2010 ,,,,,,,, 1.9 ,,,,,,,, 1.9
+ ftx vector Vector Highways only ,,,,,,, 2.14 ,,,,,,,,,,, 2.17
DD Designs New york X ,,,,,,,,, 2.413 ,,,,,,,,,, 2.997
DD KJFK Only ,,,,,,,,, 2.244 ,,,,,,,,,,, 2.5
DD Designs KJFK and NY X ,,,,,,,, 2.562 ,,,,,,,,,,,,, 3.3

Just for fun I added an airbus 3.9Gig
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

NEW YORK X on PerPar3D version 3.3

Post by FireRx »

Getting the Same Exact thing in NEW YORK massive memory hit to 2400+mhz before you even left KJFK.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
If it was good in P3D v2.2 this means that something has been changed by LM. There is actually a known bug in v3.3 that kills most of the sceneries with OOMs.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/489577-serio ... -bug-in-33
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

Sounds like and update is in store. I wish these beta tester , test with fully loaded systems so they can see what affected. I can see the UK 2000 maybe because of age of the software. But clearly you and other developers do keep your software up to date. after this gets fixed. I'm not going to be upgrade LM software if it's going to cause issues. 8)

edit: looks like LM is developing a patch. Stay tuned.
jc2231
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jc2231 »

What is the proper way to remove the demo version of NYC X as I do not see an uninstaller? Do I just delete the New York City X Demo folder? Are there any other files that I need to manually delete?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Exactly - simply remove it from Scenery Library. If the reason is that you've bought the full version then you do not need to remove the DEMO - this will be done automatically during install.
jc2231
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jc2231 »

Yes, that's the plan - buy the full version. Just curious, are P3D v3 users experiencing OOM's anymore?
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

Stanislaw,
Is an upgade coming for NewYork City X. the OOM there is still terrible. on Prepar3D v3.3.5
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
What would you like us to upgrade there? Smaller resolution textures? Less buildings? Lower resolution ground? Actually I have no idea what we would need to remove/downgrade...
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

Let me try removing the Airport and see if that helps. and get back to you. your scenery it perfect the way it is. I really don't want anything removed. 8)

update, With New York Airport X removed, and Prepar3D v3.3.5 set at default scenery settings it getting 2539mb of memory usage before you even leave the ground. Don't know what else to do Stanislaw. :shock:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Okay but you see - the product was working correctly in all sims until LM released the latest version. There are many products affected by OOM in that version. LM contacted me and asked 2 products for testing. That is all I know.
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

NO remedy for the issue yet?? I miss flying my NEw York Scenery. it can be flown in Default in Perpar3, but it's and insult ro all the detailed scenery when it all a blur because you can't run the higher textures and setting in it. :(

Pretty upsetting.