NY Airports v2 XP

Latest version: v2.1 (2018)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Did you remove previous version prior to installing the new one?
The DD New York Airports XP folder size should be about 1GB.
Bookman
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Bookman »

I had already taken the scenery pack out because of the pink patches and the download from JustFlight is 740MB.

[ Added: Thu Sep 22, 2016 15:48 ]
Just re downloaded from Justflight 427Mb
joshloar10
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Linden error

Post by joshloar10 »

I am missing the runway markings at Linden and I cant figure out why. It shows up in WED when I import the DSF file but it doesnt actually show up in sim.
here is a picture of what it looks like screenshot
Joshua "Lockjaw" Loar
xterminator24
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Pink Patches Still Exist

Post by xterminator24 »

Downloaded the installers from XPlane.org today.

Removed the following folders:
custom scenery\000 Drzewiecki Design Library
custom scenery\DD New York Airports XP
custom scenery\DD New York Airports XP Documents
custom scenery\DD New York City XP
custom scenery\DD New York City XP Documents

Installed both packages. Frame rate was really bad for me at KEWR so I removed the DD New York City XP folders as the airports are more important to me right now.

Jumped to Linden and still have the pink squares. I'm also missing the runway markings. Used XOrganizer to ensure the loading order of the scenery was correct in the scenery_packs.ini. Really disappointing.

http://i.imgur.com/mQ7jgHa.jpg
joshloar10
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

LDJ

Post by joshloar10 »

I was able to fix the pink somehow....i just kept uninstalling and reinstalling. also another note is that Linden doesnt have taxi edge lights like in real life and the fence wasn't accurate. not too big of a deal though cause I added them myself. I just hope i don't have to replace the DSF file to fix the runway markings because it took me quite a few hours to add the taxi edge lights, fence, and lights in the parking lot and roads.

Also another question, Did you guys actually make the airports from scratch for X-plane or did you use a converter? cause there seems to be a lot of errors in Overlay Editor where objects cant be viewed and it looks quite messy in it.
Joshua "Lockjaw" Loar
xterminator24
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by xterminator24 »

Is there any update on the missing runway marking and pink patches still existing in the latest update? Is there a fix for this or is there a fail safe way to uninstall and reinstall to ensure everything installs correctly?
pierre69
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by pierre69 »

Hello,

I was just downloading the New York Airports files form X-Plane.org but it's still the old version. It seem that they don't have the 1.4p. What could i do to have this version.
Thanks by advance for your answer.

Pierre
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
We always send files to all vendors simultaneously. Please ask the vendor directly.
pierre69
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by pierre69 »

Ok thanks,
I will contact them

Pierre
xterminator24
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by xterminator24 »

After receiving no reply to still having the pink squares, I downloaded the Mac/Linux package even though I'm on Windows.

After removing the following folders:
000 Drzewiecki Design Library
DD New York Airports XP
DD New York Airports XP Documents
ZZZ DD New York Airports XP Terrain

I then installed the Mac/Linux package as per the instructions even though I'm on Windows and it worked.

I fully believe the Windows install package (at least the one on X-Plane.org) is broken. When using it, I had the pink squares around Linden and missing runway markings. For anyone else having issues, use the Mac/Linux package and install manually.
pierre69
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by pierre69 »

Hi,
Sorry to come back again with my problem of upgrade.
I downloaded the “NewYorkAirportsXP_Mac-Linux.zip“ from X-Plane.org. But, inside, exept “NY_AIRPORTS_XP_MANUAL.pdf“ the date of the most recent files is 08/11/2015, and the size of the .Zip file is 506,9 Mo.
That has confused me.

So i would like to be sur if it's the way that the update should be, or if there is something wrong. If it's ok like that, could you tel me which files change.

Thank by advance for your answer.

Pierre.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
The newest version is v1.4P.
We always send files to all vendors simultaneously. Please ask the vendor directly.
pierre69
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by pierre69 »

First of all, I'm sorry to boring you with that.
I exchanged several messages with X-Plane.org store. They confirmed they received the new files from you but when I unzip “NewYorkAirportsXP_Mac-Linux.zip“ the only new file I have comper to the last udpdat from last year is “NY_AIRPORTS_XP_MacLinuxInstall.pdf“. I checked all files and as I told you the most recent are from 2015.
Could it had a problem when you created the zip file?
I really like your work, that why i'm so interesting in getting your last update

Thank by advence for your help.
joshloar10
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

broken ldj

Post by joshloar10 »

My questions where never answered......what program do you use to create the DSF files? Overlay Editor or WED? cause there are a few errors when opened with WED and ALOT when opened with Overlay Editor. Those 2 programs are the only ones I know of to create scenery for x-plane with so i don't understand the errors.
Joshua "Lockjaw" Loar
brich4040
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by brich4040 »

I just purchased the NY city airports for x-plane this evening from x-plane org store. I am running x-plane 10 on Windows.

I too have the pink patches problem at Linden. I am quite surprised this is still an issue. I'm also surprised customers are being told to contact the vendor (xplane org store?) for new files.

I've installed with the windows installer and noticed the problems. I uninstalled all NY city airport scenery, then tried the MAC/Linux manual install, but still have the pink patch issues.

It's obvious that this product was not updated Sept. 2016 as stated on xplane org store. The only file dated in 2016 is the manual PDF. All other files are dated 2015 and older.

Is there a fix for this issue available to me? Where do I get the fix? Do you have a download link? I don't wish to wait a month or longer for a correction. DD posted on Sep 21 that the new version that corrects this issue was loaded to xplane org store.

Please do not tell me to contact x-plane org store for a fix. If I contact x-plane org store, it will be for a refund. You (DD) need to contact x-pane org store and correct the issue.

Please let me know when and where I can download a corrected version of this product.

Thank you,
Bob