Previous topic «» Next topic
[EG&PL] New York City X
DD Stanislaw
Administrator

Name: Stanislaw Drzewiecki
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:18   [EG&PL] New York City X

New York City X for FSX and P3D by Drzewiecki Design
http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYCity_X.htm

Now available at Simmarket, other stores will follow.

Promo video: http://youtu.be/0W3j4Tsi8aE

English and Polish discussion and support in this topic / Dyskusja po polsku i po angielsku w tym temacie.

virtual_francky

Name: Franck
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 20:31   

HI, I have received a mail for the 1.1 update, but I cant find a way to uninstall the 1.0 version, could you please explain how to do it.

Thank you.

Franck

DD Stanislaw
Administrator

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 20:45   

Hello Franck.
To uninstall any of our products, you simply need to remove it from Scenery Library in your FS settings.

virtual_francky

Name: Franck
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 21:21   

ok thank you.

Franck

edkap

Name: Edward Kaplan
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 21:23   

I got the e-mail announcing version 1.1, but there is no link for getting the update. Where do I go for that?
-Ed

DD Stanislaw
Administrator

Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 21:32   

To update NYC 1.0 to NYC 1.1, simply log-in into your store account and download the installer again. The new installer should overwrite the old version, but just to be sure, you can remove the New York City X folder from the Addon Scenery folder before installing the 1.1 version.

copilot767

Name: Christian
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:00   

Thinking of buying New York
- Have some questions-
Can I download the manual before buying, to see recommended settings?

Im using dx9, have OOM almost been eliminated??, I only fly commerciel to JFK with Fsdream airport,
Is it recommended to buy NY if only flying commerciel..?

I have UTX and Gex, will your NY scenery be better with FPS ?

jarzemant

Name: Jarosław
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:33   

I've been flying updated 1.1 version in DX9 (hi-res installation) by about one hour with complex heli (dodosim bell 206) without any OOM issues.
Loading times are not longer than with other sceneries from DD.

Frame rates are acceptable in Manhattan jungle (~15 fps) and excellent elsewhere ~30 fps (limited).

IMHO it is the best nad most complex city scenery I've ever seen. Good work Stanislaw!!

Regards

Jarosław

My fsx PC: i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 Gb ddr3, GTX560ti 2Gb@900Mhz

Bert Groner

Name: Bert Groner
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 13:20   

Hello Stanislaw!

I agree with Jaroslaw... He is right!

On my two PCs in my editors office (3,2 GHz and 4,5 GHz - both Windows 7 64 Bit) I always had lots of OOMs with or without your patches and with and without DX 10 Preview with or without Steve's tweaks (only tested on the 3,2 GHz-machine for the time beeing).

After installing version 1.1 of NY 2013 the OOMs has been gone so far.

Thanks a whole lot for this - now I think I have to write a kind of a very good rating review!

Bert Groner
Editor in Chief
FS MAGAZIN
www.fsmagazin.de

jpost

Name: Jerry Post
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 16:23   

I've got UTX installed and I noticed the NYC X installer placed it in the Scenery Library below all the UT entries except for Landclass-Vegetation, USA Lighting, and Exclusions for Default Scenery. My question is should I also move my copy of Miami City X down to this position or does it make a difference? Right now my Miami city is placed above all the UT entries. BTW great job on the 1.1 update; just spent an hour flying around NYC and it looks great with no VAS issues. VAS held around 3.1 MB using the default Cessna aircraft. Now to try the NGX with some weather into JFK, but I won't be flying circuits over Manhattan so it should work fine!

copilot767

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 19:58   

I have airplanes traffic at 50%..Water 2xlow..And Autogen at Normal..
UTX, gex , ASE 2012 weather and Airbus Exended. .
Everytime landed in FsDreamteam JFK..going to taxiway ..OOM appears..
Only standard textures NY is installed .
4.8 ghz..2600k...Gtx 580...8gb ram.....Think I have a heavy computer. .

Aero

Name: Michael
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 21:55   

frustrated...have purchased the product from Justflight, the old v1.0. I have been notified by the store of the new version 1.1 but the download stops half way! tried already three times! Can you provide an alternate download source? I can provide receipt of purchase!

copilot767

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 09:40   

Think I will unistall it again..or can you make a patch to remove some of the buildings?? cant use it:-(..6 flights from Boston with low settings..circling over Manhattan and tried to land at Kjfk..every time OOM..

Pepsimachine

Name: Dennis Colyer
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 20:53   

After finding Ver 1.0 unflyable due to OOM and texture loading issues I switched back to Manhatten X. I reinstalled 1.1 yesterday and the update seemed to have fixed the problem. I flew around for hour in the DODO 206 and Carenado 182 R (with HD VC addon) and had no OOM. The texture loading although not gone was much better and tolerable. I have water set at low 2.x, cars at 9, planes at 35 and everything else maxed. (DX9) Granted I didn't fly in from another city and don't have high detailed addon airports or airliners but it worked well with what I have. After using Manhatten X I find the lack of texture detail disappointing but I understand. It's still nice, and the ground detail is awesome. The trade off for the extended coverage into the other burgs is worth it. My only complaint is that Coney Island is covered in autogen buildings. Any chance of getting that fixed? I also have FTXG and UTX installed. My rig has an Asus P8Z77-V w/ 2500K @ 4.7, 560ti, 8 gigs of 1866 ram, and FSX is on a SSD. Thinking about upgrading to a GTX770.

gunju221

Name: Jim
Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 21:11   

Here's an idea, how about you have your sites update so the installer is actually version 1.1?

Reply to topic