Previous topic «» Next topic
New York Airports X
DD Stanislaw
Administrator

Name: Stanislaw Drzewiecki
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 07:04   New York Airports X

New York Airports X by Drzewiecki Design
More info at/WiÍcej na: http://www.drzewiecki-des...YAirports_X.htm

English and Polish discussion and support in this topic / Dyskusja po polsku i po angielsku w tym temacie.

asegm08

Name: alcides e segovia
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 16:46   

Installed 1.1 well for me can you provide a better explination between the difference of BGL lights and 3D lights? What differences can I expect in terms of realism?

SWA5951

Name: EDC
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 17:57   

The Demo will not install, it says windows couls not complete the extraction the destination file could not be created. When I tried to copy and paste it to a new place to install it says an unexcepted erroe is keeping you from coping this file. I am using Windows 7 64bit. never mind problem solved.

[Combined]

I have a altitude issue with the demo at kewr and klga. The aircraft sinks under the runway and under the airport.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 18:32   

asegm08 wrote:
What differences can I expect in terms of realism?

Feel free to test it yourself - simply run the installer again and select a different option. They simply look different from each other. BGL lights are bright (like in FS9) while 3D lights' brightness decreases significantly over distance, more like the real thing. BGL lights are much more performance friendly though.

SWA5951 wrote:
I have a altitude issue with the demo at kewr and klga. The aircraft sinks under the runway and under the airport.

Please redownload and reinstall the demo. http://www.drzewiecki-des...orts_X_DEMO.zip

Keith Talbot

Name: Keith Talbot
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 19:43   NewYork Airports V1.1

Do you know if PC Aviator has the new update yet? And i have tryed to download the demo. And it is tell me when i open the RAR no file to extract.
Regards
Keith

DD Stanislaw
Administrator

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 21:32   

They are not on our recommended store list http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/stores.htm since they are usually very slow with publishing and updating.

Use WinZip to open those ZIP files.

AlphaDawg141

Name: Alexander Brinson
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 22:27   

SWA5951,
How did you fix the problem? I'm having that issue.
EDIT: Working now. I'm getting some pretty bad FPS though, or lower than what I usually get.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 05:32   

Alexander, just play with settings a bit (do not install 3D lights) and enable one airport at a time. Also limit you airline traffic or disable it for testing. You should easly get 15 FPS on a 3.3 GHz PC (in case of BGL Lights option). Another performance tip:

1. Start FS, go to Scenery Library and select 1-2 airports from the package you are going to use during your flight.
2. Restart FS and have fun!

Eddyflight15

Name: Eddy
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 08:11   

What about for FS2004 (FS9) users, will you release the FS9 version anytime soon? I thought you had mentioned that we was going to get it compatibility.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 08:42   

Yes indeed but we do not have any release date yet (Tallinn, Moscow and Warsaw have priority now).

Schumifan

Name: Brumm
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 14:53   

Your Airports are really wonderful. Now I'm missing only one thing: the P3D V2 update for New York City X!

SWA5951

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 15:31   

AlphaDawg141 wrote:
SWA5951,
How did you fix the problem? I'm having that issue.
EDIT: Working now. I'm getting some pretty bad FPS though, or lower than what I usually get.
You must install the file, then click open in folder. You must have Winzip or 7Zip software on your PC, then open Winzip or 7Zip select the file, click extract, then extract it anywhere you want. After that right click it, click run as admistrator. Then it should install fine.

hjmx

Name: Harry Martin
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 18:40   

Unfortunately, still low fps/stutters/OOM ...when I go for T/O from RW 31L with PMDGs 737NGX. I have both, NYC Scenery (1.2) and NY airports (1.1). Even with very low settings (even more conservative than suggested in the manual) it is not flyable.

That's disappointing.

Harry

SWA5951

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 21:05   

When I approach jfk, lga, and ewr, I see defualt ground textures and no terminals. I have antisropic filtering set to times 16. It ruins the whole experience landing at either of the airports cause it looks like flying into the defualt airport with no terminal!

777simmer

Name: Rob
Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 22:22   

hjmx wrote:
Unfortunately, still low fps/stutters/OOM ...when I go for T/O from RW 31L with PMDGs 737NGX. I have both, NYC Scenery (1.2) and NY airports (1.1). Even with very low settings (even more conservative than suggested in the manual) it is not flyable.

That's disappointing.

Harry
To be honest....I am positively surprised that a PMDG aircraft would work with NYC city X alone! (I assume you mean NYC cty X wihen you say "NYC scenery").

The problem you are having is not any specific developer fault.
You might already know this, but just in case...or for other readers:
It is just that FSX can not make use of more than 4GB of virtual address memory (VAS)
So if addon aircraft + addon scenery+ addon clouds + addon AI traffic + etc > 4GB....then you OOM.
That does not mean Drzewiecki scenery is unusable.
It just means the combo of things you are using does not work.
With a less complex aircraft your scenery should works just fine.

My favourite airplane is the PMDG777 which uses even more VAS than the 737 so I have not dared to try NYC city X.

However, I am very interested in buying NYC airports X, so could you do me a favour please?
How much VAS is KJFK airport alone using?
In other words, what is the VAS difference between all Drzewiecki items deactivated in the FSX scenery library and only KJFK activated?

If you need help to set up VAS monitoring then let me know.

Thx and best regards,

Rob.

Reply to topic