UUEE Moscow Sheremetyevo 2015

Latest version: v1.8 (2016)

Archive only - support discontinued
Nimic
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Nimic »

I totally agree :?

I tried all settings: I desactivated AI-planes, static cars and lights, but only without airport details the frame rate is acceptable. With other configurations I am between 13 and 15 fps, whereas normally I fly over more detailed airports at 48-50 frames. I had never seen in my FS2004 a FPS killer airport like this. There has been something wrong with the conversion from FSX, I have no other ideas...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Nimic wrote:only without airport details the frame rate is acceptable
Hello. Please provide your PC configuration and let me know where did you get the product from.
Petrovich wrote:For those who have an OOM error
Thank you for the hint, I will test that. But what is terrible in the AFCAD? Can you provide some more details, please? I'll be happy to make some fixes.
GeyerH
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by GeyerH »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
Hello. Please provide your PC configuration and let me know where did you get the product from.
Hi,

with FPS quite in the same range as Nimic stated, I'd like to start with providing you some data:
- I bought UUEE via SimMarket some hours after it came out. Order number: 1195385.
- My PC specs: AMD Athlon II X2 CPU oc'd to 3.8 GHz; 4 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD6570 GPU with 2 GB memory, Mainboard AsRock K10N78D.
- OS Win7 64 bit Professional.
- FS2004 is installed into a single partition of my 1TB conventional HDD. This partition is dedicated to FS2004 itself and FS-related applications. FS2004 is run as Administrator with UAC disabled.

Do you need more data?

At most sceneries (excepting some very old freeware sceneries which are maybe ported over from FS2002) my FS2004 will hardly go under 30 FPS, which is the limitation set by me via FS9.cfg. Usual framerates if FPS aren't limited are 30-50, while I get more than 100 FPS over water or simple stock scenery (desert, steppe) (this is in fact the cause why I limit FPS at all due to known sound glitches at these FPS).

I tested your UUEE by de-activating all bgl files and activating them back one after the other. If I remember correctly, adding "UUEE_extra.bgl" as well as files whose names may point to taxi lights and apron lights did decrease FPS most. Adding cars and static planes had rather small effect on FPS. FPS are significantly higher at night (>20) than at daytime (15-17).

Regards,
Harald
Petrovich
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Petrovich »

DD Stanislaw wrote:But what is terrible in the AFCAD? Can you provide some more details, please? I'll be happy to make some fixes.
Hi Stan,
First of all - please do not pay too much attention to my 'critical' message))

RW07R/25L used for takeoffs only (with some exceptions).
RW07L/25R used for landings only (with some exceptions).
Optimazing traffic flow requires removing intersections between RW07R/25L and taxiways 12/A2, 13/A3, 14/A4. Also remove intersections between RW07L/25R and taxiways 1/11 and 5/15.
Radiuses are too small and codes aren't correctly assigned to the parkings/

SVO is my home airport, I fly 40-60 legs per year and most of them to/from SVO. I will improve afcad for UUEE 2015 but it takes me several days because of real life.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok, Oleg, thanks for the info!
Radiuses are made in a way so AI would not stand on each other; anyway I will test it further.
Codes are assigned just like in the real world http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheremetye ... stinations , but maybe I missed something (it worked fine in FSX though).
Petrovich
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Petrovich »

Stan,
I've installed your scenery a several times with different options ticked but amount of BGLs is the same at every installation variant. So could you descride snenery's BGLs please?

About FPS:
I do agree that the scenery is not perfectly optimized for performance. But I get 60 FPS with full scenery itself (no weather, no AI). Scenery without any options takes me over 80 FPS. During short final approach with actual weather and custom AI traffic I have 30 FPS.
Nimic
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Nimic »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
My configuration:

MS Windows 7 64 bit, Intel Core2 Quad, CPU Q9550 @2.83 GHz, 4.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

I bought the scenery from Simmarket. Order Number: 1195375
Order Date: Monday 22 September, 2014

:wink:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Oh, with 2,8 GHz processor I am glad you have such good FPSes. :wink:
Petrovich wrote:amount of BGLs is the same at every installation variant
All files are being overwritten so their amount does not change indeed.
Patrick Chaieb
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Patrick Chaieb »

Petrovich wrote:How to resolve flickering ground textures issue:
4. Post a short report here
Thank you. Will test it later in the evening and report back.
DD Stanislaw wrote:But what is terrible in the AFCAD? Can you provide some more details, please? I'll be happy to make some fixes.
A lot of my AI Aeroflot planes are parked at the north site (Terminal B and C), while I think normaly the should be at D, E and F?
Best Regards
Patrick
Felix
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Felix »

Yeah, and Orenair should park there too.
During short final approach with actual weather and custom AI traffic I have 30 FPS.
Which aircraft and system do you use?

Greetings Felix
Petrovich
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Petrovich »

Terminal C is used for Orenair, Nordwind and Transaero charter flights. Terminal B has been used for Dobrolet only.
Gates 11-18 are used for domestic flights only and suitable for Aeroflot, Donavia, Nordavia and Rossiya. I also have often seen DNV and AUL parked on the apron stands 1-7.

Aeroflot uses north apron as the remote stands for its aircrafts as well as cargo ramp near Sheremetyevo Custom (close to threshold RW 25L).

If Aeroflot occupies all of the gates at the terminals just rename traffic bgl to Traffic_zzz_Aeroflot.bgl. FS9 loads traffic BGL files in an alphabetic order.

Stan,
I've found wrong apron textures and marks at the stands 8-10 (terminal D) and 59-63 (terminal F). Could you check these areas please? Using Google maps should be helpful, they have quite actual photos (note IL-96 burned-out a couple of months ago).
Patrick Chaieb
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Patrick Chaieb »

Ok I tried it with the file from the tropbox but the flickering ground appeared too.
If I'm not wrong, it happens if I change the AFCAD File.
I always made a backup of the original one but if I do something with UUEE_AD.bgl (with AFCAD.exe) I thing then the ground is flickering after arrival.
I restore now the original UUEE_AD.bgl and will do another test.
Best Regards
Patrick
Nimic
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Nimic »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Oh, with 2,8 GHz processor I am glad you have such good FPSes. :wink:
Simply because FS2004 works properly with lower configurations. After all I use all 4 cores when fs9.exe runs

As stated above, I am between 45-50 fps in every flight conditions... except your scenery of UUEE :lol:
PupOK
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by PupOK »

Despite on minor bugs the scenery is awesome.
Stanislaw, can you please tell the name of blurring texture of AFL hangar next to RWY7R?
I`ve also noticed that aeroexpress (train) texture also blur (at least on my PC).
Petrovich wrote:Terminal C is used for Orenair, Nordwind and Transaero charter flights.
Transaero has moved all their flight to "F" couple of years ago. So C is mostly for Nordwind and Orenair. Also Air Algerie and Ariana use it. And as I know Air Koryo parks their aircrafts on the northern side when they do their flights.
Best regards.
Petrovich
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Petrovich »

Patrick Chaieb wrote:Ok I tried it with the file from the tropbox but the flickering ground appeared too.
My fault. Redownload a new one using the same link and replace installed file.

2 ALL:
DO NOT use AFCAD tool by Lee Swordy! It causes removing some info from the afd file!

If anybody has flickering ground textures issue try my fix:
1. Download file using the link below
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7aso2qe7mj1b ... t.bgl?dl=0
2. Put it into the FS2004/Scenery/World/Scenery folder
3. Run FS9 and check ground textures after landing
4. Post a short report here

2 Stan:
is it possible to recopmile afd file in a 'normal' way? I mean separate exclude, afcad etc?