NY Airports v2 XP

Latest version: v2.1 (2018)

kmelz
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Removing Specific Airports

Post by kmelz »

Hello!

Just wanted to see if I can remove certain airports from the New York Airports package. I want to remove KEWR while leaving the rest installed.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
In the next version we will concentrate our efforts to provide a clear solution on that issue of enabling/disabling particular airports from the package.
theheatho
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by theheatho »

Hi, did a search around the forum for the answer, but have not found the answer. There is some pink textures around the approach end to runway 31 at LGA. They are subtle, but there are there where the water meets the land. Any solution to this?
jetkid50
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by jetkid50 »

hi there I see that you have updated for the P3D platform. Would you shed some light on XP.

Thx.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
As for now there is nothing to share, no news about it.
jetkid50
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by jetkid50 »

ahhh Understood.
palple
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by palple »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hi.
As for now there is nothing to share, no news about it.
Really hope you release a v2 for XP too! :)
jetkid50
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by jetkid50 »

@palple...a couple post up he says no news. That really does suck as I was too hoping for a release for XP11. I'm hoping we can at least get a time frame, is he going to work on it, anything along those lines will be great.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

After Seattle XP.
branislavmilic
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Edited earth_nav.dat refused by X-Plane 11.02r1

Post by branislavmilic »

Hi

I have followed your instructions for editing the earth_nav.dat file but when I launched XP 11.02r1, it showed an error message saying that a line was missing in the file and then it quit.

I put the default file back and everything seems to work. What is wrong if I don't use your version of the file? Can you please send me your version of the file so I test it?

Thank you.

[ Added: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:09 ]
I was wondering if there are planes landing on runway 29 at Newark and indeed there are, and heavy metal too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX7lqKsGnlU

So I landed there and I was surprised to see that light poles are very high in your scenery and some trees are present. So I check on Google Maps and in reality light poles are much lower and there are no trees.

hamoody
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by hamoody »

Hi, I asked about this a few months ago, so I'm hoping I can try to get ti solved now. Because NY Airports XP only have a very small number of static aircraft, I would like to place my own using Overlay Editor. I've done this at many, many airports in XP without an issue. At KJFK, the static planes appear just as they should. However, if I follow exactly the same procedure with the same static planes at Newark, the planes appear 'faded' in the distance and only appear properly if I get very close to them. So, when taxiing around, all the static planes look like they're sunken into the ground/faded/cut off. This can't be a LOD issue because the same static planes appear just fine at other airports. What could be the cause?

KEWR

(Note the 737 in the background of this shot)

As you can see, the issue doesn't occur at KJFK

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
We will be working on updating NY Airports XP product after releasing of the Seattle package. The update would also bring a lot of static aircraft to all included airports.
hamoody
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by hamoody »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hi.
We will be working on updating NY Airports XP product after releasing of the Seattle package. The update would also bring a lot of static aircraft to all included airports.
Hey, yes I'm very excited for the new version and will be picking it up as soon as it's released. Seattle sounds interesting as well. So, any ideas of how to fix this issue at Newark in the mean time?
Dannyboy
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Dannyboy »

Hello,

Just purchased NY Airports XP and loving it so far, however all airports seem to be good except KLDJ, I'm getting weird purple triangles and squares around the immediate area and the runway numbers are not showing. I did have freeware installed prior but deleted it before the installation of your product. Not sure how to post pictures here if someone wants to explain that to me i can try and get some photos up. Thank You in advance for any help

[ Added: Sun Aug 27, 2017 21:42 ]
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
There was a small fix published a few posts ago in regard to these pink triangles.