EPWA Warsaw Chopin Airport X

Latest version: v1.97 (2020)

airbuspilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

P3D V3.4 - SODE 1.4.1 not working

Post by airbuspilot »

Hello Stanislaw!

First of all: happy New Year and thank you for all these wonderful airports. Actually I planned to buy Baku .. but: I have a problem with the jetways in my presently installed airports... :| which should be fixed first.

@12bpilot: by the way thank you so much for this brilliant tool! I'd wish every developer would take use of it... 8)

Presently I have installed EPWA ver1.7, EETN v1.8 and UUEE v1.6 in P3D 3.4. All of those work fine but no jetway or any other SODE Animation is working. SODE menue reports "no facilities in range"...

I looked up the "ProgramData/12bpilot/SODE" main folder and found no XML-file for any of the 3 airports and no XML-entries anyway for them. :? I guess that is the reason for the not working jetways. Those airports, which have XML-files installed work fine on my system. For EPWA, EETN and UUEE I can only find the subfolders "DrzewieckiDesign_EETN", "DrzewieckiDesign_EPWA" and "DrzewieckiDesign_EETN" in the folder "ProgramData/12bpilot/SODE/simobjects"...
as well as some mysterious folders called cfg and sdx in there :shock:

I hope you have a Suggestion for remedy! Help is highly appreciated! :wink:

PS: running still WIN7 ultimate 64 - of course admin rights.

Regards
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello Steffen,

I'm not sure if the problem is caused by DD installer.
I presume that it can be necessary to contact SODE developer direcly:

sode@12bpilot.ch

or via support forum:

http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=442

Regards,
Marcin
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
airbuspilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by airbuspilot »

Hello Marcin!

I don't think so, other sceneries / installers worked so far, e.g. Aerosoft Malpensa X lately. As far as I can judge 12Bpilot will answer that it is a problem with the sceneries and maybe they use older SODE components and hand me back to you guys, cause he gives no support for sceneries, right? :wink:
Anyway, the whole thing with UUEE, EPWA and ETNN did not work for me with the last 2 older SODE versions (1.4.0, 1.3.4) !
:cry:

Any ideas?

Cheers

Steffen
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
This is definitely a faulty install of SODE. First I would try to fully uninstall all copies of SODE you have installed. Then install the newest version. If this does not help please contact Jeffrey. You might provide him a log file at first contact which might speed up the whole thing.

Generally we are in close cooperation with him and all our sceneries have full support of SODE - some of them support even unpublished features of SODE that will come later :-)
airbuspilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by airbuspilot »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hi.
This is definitely a faulty install of SODE. First I would try to fully uninstall all copies of SODE you have installed. Then install the newest version. If this does not help please contact Jeffrey. You might provide him a log file at first contact which might speed up the whole thing.

Generally we are in close cooperation with him and all our sceneries have full support of SODE - some of them support even unpublished features of SODE that will come later :-)
Hi!

I immediately tried that. Sorry to say: it doesn't help. There was a SODE Folder in the P3D root Folder containing cfg and one more subfolder of your installers, I erased it manually before running the latest SODE installer again. No way, SODE reports in EPWA when you try to selct a stand: ther are no stands....... And then I installed EPWA again, restarted P3D... no stands selectable. The jetways are there in the scenery but you cannot drive them.
The EPWA installer did not create any XML file or entry again. So where do these come from then? I think these are the missing pieces! :oops:
Help appreciated. :(
Steffen
12bPilot
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by 12bPilot »

airbuspilot wrote:No way, SODE reports in EPWA when you try to selct a stand: ther are no stands.......
Sorry for being late to the party...I'm checking this forum only on a occasional basis.
However, may I ask which key command you are using to pop up the SODE window?
airbuspilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by airbuspilot »

12bPilot wrote: However, may I ask which key command you are using to pop up the SODE window?
Hi Jeffrey!
Welcome :)
Usually I use the mouse and the drop down menu. Occasionally shift-s. It makes no difference in the result. What about the missing XML entries / files? :cry:
Cheers
Steffen
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Shift-s or shift+d?
airbuspilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by airbuspilot »

Shift + s never +d.
But seldom. Usually I use the mouse and the pull down menu from above in P3D ....
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

RTFM
:wink:
airbuspilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by airbuspilot »

DD Stanislaw wrote:RTFM
Which one? :lol:

Stanislaw... what nasty thing to say! :P
But wilco. I am presently not at home ... so tomorrow evening.
Btw: a long time ago I was a developer myself and 'loved' the users which did not ! :mrgreen: I can understand that. But you are not going to tell me, that I will find there a note telling me that it's obsolete to use the drop down menu in P3D to engage SODE at your airports while this works at other airports without problems? Are you? :oops:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ha ha :wink:
Shift+D is the correct key command to launch SODE animations in our sceneries. This command "belongs" to our company only (that's why it is "D").
airbuspilot wrote:missing XML entries / files
They are not missing. We simply use other files (SDX).
airbuspilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by airbuspilot »

Stanislaw! Please accept my apologies for not reading the f... manual careful enough. :roll:
Thanks for giving the information about the XML ...
I will test tomorrow evening then.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

reading the f... manual
I'm sure that Stanislaw meant reading the flippin' manual, so dotting wasn't so necessary :P
airbuspilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by airbuspilot »

@Marcin

Yeah sure! So what did you think I was leaving out with the dots instead ? :mrgreen:

@Stanislaw

Ok. I think it is now 1:1 :P -> with SHIFT+D the SODE onscreen menu pops up at EPWA and the jetways are selectable and dockable, and the tiny nice other features as well. Looks like it works well finally! Thank you for your great support! :wink:
But please - forgive me - tell me why is it, that using the mouse in P3D under drop down menu Add-ons->SODE 1.4.1 I find the selectable entry in line 1:
"Text Menu Commands:TAB+S ; SHIFT+VK_MINUS" ? :roll:
I'd really expect it reading "Text Menu Commands:TAB+S ;SHIFT+D" instead. :| Or am I mistaken?
Shouldn't we call that ... let me think ... hm....a bug ? :P
Actually this entry there is much more powerful than a line in TFM - and IF there would have been SHIFT+D I'd tried the combination for sure... and would have left you in peace. :mrgreen:

BTW: which key is "VK_MINUS" ?? :shock: Come on, that's not another term for "SHIFT+D" is it ? :mrgreen:

Cheers

Steffen