New York City XP

Latest version: v1.6 (2018)

Elite Aviator
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Elite Aviator »

OK thanks I will head over to the other topic.
salajander
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by salajander »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Clay, the vendor promised to provide the newest version of the product to Customers as soon as possible and confirmed, that they received the newest version in December 2016 but failed to upload it due to their mistake.
Ok, so the latest version works correctly with Ortho4XP scenery, then? Great.

I bought this from the x-plane.org store in early January. Do you know if they'll let me know when they've posted the new version, or should I just re-download occasionally and compare file sizes?

Thanks
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

salajander wrote:
DD Stanislaw wrote:Clay, the vendor promised to provide the newest version of the product to Customers as soon as possible and confirmed, that they received the newest version in December 2016 but failed to upload it due to their mistake.
Ok, so the latest version works correctly with Ortho4XP scenery, then? Great.

I bought this from the x-plane.org store in early January. Do you know if they'll let me know when they've posted the new version, or should I just re-download occasionally and compare file sizes?

Thanks
Hi gyus! This is DSF files for no phototerrain version of scenery. Install - extract Earth nav data folder from arqhive to folder DD New York City XP in custom scenery with replace.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQMlD ... sp=sharing
salajander
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by salajander »

Moter wrote: Hi gyus! This is DSF files for no phototerrain version of scenery. Install - extract Earth nav data folder from arqhive to folder DD New York City XP in custom scenery with replace.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQMlD ... sp=sharing
This didn't seem to make any difference. Would you like me to upload any logs or other information?
bitje
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by bitje »

New York Ciry XP works fine on XP11.
However, below and under some of the bridges, there seems to be e strip of land.
Sop no ships can pass under these bridges.

This does not appear in XP10.51, only in XP11, and XP11.02b.
signmanbob
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Beautiful Sceneries

Post by signmanbob »

Stanislaw, I just want to tell you that your sceneries are truly beautiful and so extremely detailed.
I am just amazed with every one of them that I purchase and cannot understand how you can get them to look so real. You are a true artist in every sense of the word. Thank you.

Bob
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you from the whole team. :wink:
signmanbob
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by signmanbob »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Thank you from the whole team. :wink:
You're very welcome sir. I'll always be looking for more of your and your great team's work.

Kind regards,
Bob
bitje
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Bridges

Post by bitje »

So, only compliments are read and answered.

The question about what is underneath bridges will not be read.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

If there is no clever answer, I try no to answer until a solution is discovered.
Redtail
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Heliport Lighting

Post by Redtail »

Hello Mr. Drzewiecki ,
I just registered to say thanks for creating such an awesome rendition of NYC! This is something I've longed for since my early days of flight simulator back in the early 1980's.

As a real world fix-wing private pilot, I've flown the Hudson/East river NY/NJ airspace numerous times since getting my PPL back in 1998. In fact, my "discovery flight" was from TEB down the Hudson, Coney Island, back up the Hudson and back to TEB. I was hooked and started flight lessons soon after, right at TEB.

I love the experience of flying in this magnificent area and one of my favorite flights was when I circled the Statue of Liberty a couple of times two years ago!

Having no real world helicopter experience, I'm restricted to X-Plane and your scenery is incredible!
I'm also a Port Authority electrician and have several years experience installing and repairing airfield lighting at EWR and LGA. During my search online, I came across this interesting video clip from 1999 which showcases a helipad lighting system being installed at KJRB.
https://youtu.be/o8jBmU2rENw

I really love the night lighting but one thing I'd like to request, is some type of lighting for the heliports. Especially the Downtown Manhattan/Wall St port.

Thank you so much.
Redtail
~Straighten Up and Fly Right~
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Thanks! I am glad you find our work useful.
The movie is actually from 1999, it is more than probable than the lighting has been changed since that time. I flew from Manhattan Heliport last summer but it was at day, no lighting was visible. Anyway we will investigate this more. Thanks for pointing that out!
Best regards
Stanislaw
Redtail
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Redtail »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hello.
Thanks! I am glad you find our work useful.
The movie is actually from 1999, it is more than probable than the lighting has been changed since that time. I flew from Manhattan Heliport last summer but it was at day, no lighting was visible. Anyway we will investigate this more. Thanks for pointing that out!
Best regards
Stanislaw
Yes thank you, I considered that possibility as well. Especially since there are no more night ops from there due to noise concerns. I'm not sure how long it's been like that but I was just reading that flight operations end at 1900 local time, so I guess lighting has become a non issue. Still would be great to have in the sim!!!

One last thing. Another operation that ceased many years ago was the old Pan Am heliport on top of what now is the Metlife building. I realize that there are no rooftop helipads anymore in NYC, but would you please consider adding one on top of the Metlife building?

Pretty please! :)
Thanks again.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
It is there in the FSX/P3D version, not sure about the XP version though.
Redtail
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Redtail »

Ok I'll check it next flight.
So far I only have your XP version, as well as the Washington XP. Beautiful work indeed!