Moscow City X

Latest version: v1.6 (2020)

ShP1oN
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by ShP1oN »

Thanks for the reply! I would certainly have downloaded 30 GB is more beautiful when all the seasons are there!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

No, if you would get OOM 5sec after FS launch!
The_Dzen
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by The_Dzen »

Hi! First of all, thank you for this amazing scenery!

I have the same issue with ai aircraft. Maybe the reason is that holding points are too far from the runways?

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, in this scenario at least ATC gives correct instructions for taxi. Otherwise you would need to pass H/P, taxi right to the runway and only then you would receive a take-off clearance. It does not seem to be easily fixable due to FSX limitations...
The_Dzen
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by The_Dzen »

I tried to move holding points a little closer to runways and now it works! no problem with ai aircrafts. I also found that there are several gates with same numbers.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes but now you must taxi about 100m past the holding point markings to receive a take-off clearance from default ATC. :wink:
Sabre
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Acidic photoreal textures around Moscow

Post by Sabre »

Hello,

Can I get rid of the acidic green textures for the bush around Moscow? I wonder where did the author see them? I'd rather give up them with the City but retain all the near Moscow airports. Can it be done? I've bought already 3 large sceneries by DD and these green summer textures are really subpar for your standards.

Thanks,
Igor.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

There are always some customers who don't like some colors. There is no way to produce colors that everybody like. Anyway - the idea of VFR flight is not to navigate by colors but by shapes of the landscape and I am sure our product covers that fully. :wink:

PS: colors also depend on monitor settings.
Sabre
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Sabre »

DD Stanislaw wrote:There are always some customers who don't like some colors. There is no way to produce colors that everybody like. Anyway - the idea of VFR flight is not to navigate by colors but by shapes of the landscape and I am sure our product covers that fully. :wink:

PS: colors also depend on monitor settings.
Didn't work well with NYC, doesn't work well with Moscow, so no wonder here. I'll be waiting for something like New York Airports X for Moscow area then, while removing the bgls one by one which was the case with people doing the same thing with NYC scenery. And btw FTXVector+OLC provide decent VFR around Moscow have no doubt. Seriously that green acid of textures doesn't look like Moscow area by any means.

(Winter is good though!!)

Cheers,
Igor.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Okay. Please show me where exactly the acidic green color is used in the product and what color you would prefer instead.
Sabre
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Sabre »

Stanislaw, thank you so much for your attention to this. I appreciate a huge effort that you put in Moscow City X scenery, but really it needs a few additional touches for the parts that stick out conspicuously. However I know some other good developers that just give you an option to remove photo textures around their sceneries. I believe it would be the easiest solution in case of Moscow City X. Please see below the area around UUDD first, and then a link to youtube and yandex and google map screens as follows:

and these are Yandex and Google screenshots:

I used to fly myself not far from Domodedovo and I travel a lot. Generally it looks like here, starting min 1:00:

https://youtu.be/1TStRbJQnnM

Thanks,
Igor.

PS: Please notice FTXGlobal+FTXVector+FTXOLC view/picture in the distance that is quite consistent with real video and satellite shots.

Thanks,
Igor.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.

You can always remove photoreal areas - simply seach for the largest files in the product's Scenery folders (there are 4 - NW, NE, SW and SE).

Hmm, the video looks quite similar to our product from 4:30. Actually I remember that on commercial pictures that I got there were some clouds around UDDD and this generated problems (forests were taken from another part of the city :wink: ).
Best regards
Stranislaw
Sabre
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Sabre »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hi.

You can always remove photoreal areas - simply seach for the largest files in the product's Scenery folders (there are 4 - NW, NE, SW and SE).

Hmm, the video looks quite similar to our product from 4:30. Actually I remember that on commercial pictures that I got there were some clouds around UDDD and this generated problems (forests were taken from another part of the city :wink: ).
Best regards
Stranislaw
That's what I call excellent support, thank you so much, Stanislaw!

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes, well, it is green indeed. Do you think that warming that color would make a difference? Actually, why don't you contact me on @ - it will be easier to discuss that thing. :wink:
svarog
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by svarog »

I installed the Moscow X and Sheremetyevo X I'm having a problem with the Vnukovo, Domodedovo airports. It is showing 2 runways beside each other like it hasn't removed the default scenery, and massive holes in the grass like a mesh issue. I dunno how to post pictures on here to show you.. Any ideas?