Administrator

Name: Stanislaw Drzewiecki
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 06:31   New York Airports X v2 - preview

The goal for all 6 airports:
Much better visuals
- 100% of objects re-exported
- new ground polygons with better textures
- new aerial images
- better detail objects (ground service vehicles, cars, people)
- animated objects
Performance up to 300% higher than in v1
- Extensive LODs
- Custom shadows only
- Lights done from scratch
- All models re-exported and highly optimized with no visual downgrade (or actually upgraded)
- All textures compiled to 4096pix sheets (much better texture management throughout all 6 airports)
- Ground polygons highly optimized
- New, optional static aircraft
Updated layouts (aprons, taxiways, markings etc.)
SODE support for seasonal changes and jetway animations
New lighting system (as in the latest Polish Airports series) for runways and taxiways, much more performance friendly and realistically looking
New apron lights - optimized for performance and best visuals (see screenshots below)
No default library objects to be used - this will boost up the performance too
Full compatibility with FSX, FSX:SE, P3Dv1, P3Dv2 and P3Dv3

Additionally:
"Extracts" will no longer be available - instead all customers with "Extracts" will receive an appropriate discount for the full version. They would still be able to use only one airport if they wish.
Each airport will be optional with optional features to be controlled via installer (similar to how we did it in Moscow) - thanks to this all airports will use shared textures, perform better and use less VAS.

The v2 will obviously be a payware update but with discounts for owners of the previous version.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 06:35   

KCDW - Essex County Airport (v2)
Missing: lights (rwy/twy) and SODE vegetation.
Note: new ground "cover" layer with dirt and asphalt color, new shadow layer, new ground markings and textures

3D paint effect known from our Baku X:

DD Stanislaw
Administrator

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 06:40   

KLDJ - Linden (v2)
Missing: lights (rwy/twy), some light poles and SODE vegetation.
Note: new ground "cover" layer with dirt and asphalt color, new shadow layer, new ground markings and textures, highly upgraded surrounding, now only custom cars on the parking, twy B now available.

billmi40

Name: william manley
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 16:33   

When will be available? Since I just bought it I expect a free upgrade sir. All respect. And I have some problems with this version on ny airports. No static planes at any of the airports. Looks like a ghost town. Frequent fps drops. Not happy

[ Added: Tue Jan 17, 2017 16:37 ]
The default xplane 11 airports look better. There are planes at gates etc. No planes on your airports at kewr etc

DD Stanislaw
Administrator

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 18:10   

billmi40 wrote:
When will be available?

There is no release date yet but since 80% of the product is done from scratch, it obviously takes time. It will basically be a new product.
billmi40 wrote:
Since I just bought it I expect a free upgrade sir. All respect.

I am sorry but our team of 5 people involved in the project is not working for free. :wink: You can always keep the old version and not update it if you wish, but we will try to make the v2 so good that you will be willing to spend that extra amount to get the 2017 standard scenery. The product is definitely worth it.
billmi40 wrote:
And I have some problems with this version on ny airports. No static planes at any of the airports.

Have you tried any AI traffic? Generally AI traffic is more popular than static planes but indeed we got a few requests to provide a version with more static planes - and we will do it in v2. BTW, even in the old version there should be many smaller aircraft on KCDW, KTEB and KLDJ. Besides that, there are promo screenshots and airports should look exactly like on those screenshots.
billmi40 wrote:
Frequent fps drops.

The product was developed in 2014 and we have implemented many new optimization techniques into our development process since that time. This is stated in the first post of this topic. Unfortunately higher amount of static aircraft will hit FPS, as aircraft are not cars, their geometries are much more complicated.
billmi40 wrote:
The default xplane 11 airports look better.

If this is the case it simply means that our product is worse than default (no reason to buy it). Anyway we will try to make it better than default in v2.
billmi40 wrote:
There are planes at gates etc. No planes on your airports at kewr etc

We payed more attention to buildings, ground markings and airport surrounding. In FSX/P3D there are great programs to generate high AI traffic. Anyway, please wait for the release of v2 - I am sure you won't be disappointed.

salajander

Name: Clay Caviness
Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 20:12   

Fantastic update! Looking forward to it.

I absolutely understand your need for income. I hope some discounted upgrade for very recent purchasers of v1 can be sorted out (I paid full price for NYC and NY airports on Jan 9), but I know how difficult it can be for a small team of artists.

Keep up the amazing work.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 16:21   

KTEB - Teterboro (v2)
Missing: lights (rwy/twy), some light poles and SODE vegetation.
Note: new ground polygons (incl. all Enhanced Taxiway markings and new stands), upgraded surrounding, 3 new EMASes, new LOCalizer structure at rwy 1, a lot of custom cars.

BlueSpellman

Name: Ryan Spellman
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:56   

Great great stuff. I enjoy your products. That said, a minor minor realism tweak for Linden. The south ramp behind the hangar, that is all news helicopter helipads. All Bell 407's, a private Bell 47 and two R44's based there and the front side is all Heli Charter birds. No fixed wings there real world. WABC7, NBC4 and CBS2 all have their 407's out on the ramp there. Cheers! I cannot wait to update my scenery to this.

kenthom

Name: Ken Thompson
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 23:15   

Looks very nice. Looking forward to the v2 in all the airports. I like the static planes. Can reduce the AI traffic gaining VAS and performance.

rob315

Name: Robert Gomez
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 14:13   

Hey Drew!

I have a few suggestions, first let me start by saying that your Essex County Airport textures look AMAZING! I can't wait to download this, however if you would like the most recent airport layout. You are missing one more building behind the large (older) hangar closest to RWY 28.

http://www.ainonline.com/...en-nyc-area-fbo

https://i.imgur.com/dQbTL2D.jpg

Also, I have a request... could you try to include the new Terminal A at KEWR. It is planned to start construction in the near future, but it would be REALLY cool if the sim community could start training on it now. :wink:

https://www.panynj.gov/airports/ewr-redevelopment/

http://www.fsdeveloper.co...head-jpg.34323/

DD Stanislaw
Administrator

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 14:25   

Hi.
In KCDW we have already implemented all the changes as they are in the real life, including the new hangar (thanks to one of our customers who sent some real-life pictures).

Newark will be done as it looks right now - it is too early to work an early future version. However KLGA will be done as it is expected to look since the agreed project and visualizations are already "accepted".

Anyway, all the airports will be updated accordingly in time, so don't worry.

ssimm1958

Name: Steve
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 18:59   

is nyc airports v2 for p3dv3 out yet?????????????????

[ Added: Wed Apr 19, 2017 19:00 ]
and is it/ will it be vas frendly???????

DD Stanislaw
Administrator

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 09:57   

Hello Steve.
One "?" is enough.
If you can't find it, it means, that it is not released yet. It will probably take another 2 months.
Regarding your second question, everything is written in this topic. Please read it from the beginning.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.