Washington X

Latest version: v1.5 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Patricio, try higher mesh settings, mesh quality/resolution might be set too low.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Patricio, try higher mesh settings, mesh quality/resolution might be set too low.
I increased those mesh and it worked great but degrading the Fountain I added from freeware. Do you have the Fountain for the front and rear side of White House? If not, planning to add it on the future?
Patricio Valdes
ssimm1958
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by ssimm1958 »

when active in addon folder my p3dv4 after picking aircraft and airport, hit ok sim starts loading then stops working, says due to an unhandled exception, then have to close sim, take out Washington x out of add on folder p3d starts and loads ok and am using version 1.25.
If it aint broke, Don't fix it.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It may be a double entry in the scenery.cfg or addon.xml or both.
ssimm1958
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by ssimm1958 »

ok, will check it, and get back and inform what found, thanks for directing me to the potential problem

[ Added: Sat Sep 30, 2017 05:51 ]
scenery.cfg was ok only one entry, at risk of sounding dum where is the addon.xml located?

[ Added: Sat Sep 30, 2017 06:16 ]
ok bit of reading found it, ok one entry in scenery.cfg, one entry in addon.xml, am running sode 1.5.3 latest version on sode site. in the error report, it referenced ntdll.dll if that helps, any thoughts where else might search for problems?

[ Added: Sat Sep 30, 2017 06:22 ]
oh, one other bit of info that might help the error seemed to be aircraft specific some ga planes would load like less cockpit complicated planes like cub and bi-planes but more complex ga planes and heavies would crash
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

ssimm1958 wrote:one entry in scenery.cfg, one entry in addon.xml
So you have double entries indeed.
ssimm1958
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by ssimm1958 »

ok thought u met double in both files, so whice file should I keep in what folder?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The best thing is to leave everything as it is during the automatic install.
Currently the best way to solve this would be to remove all the entries and product folders and to perform a re-install of the product. Regarding the add-ons.xml, you can remove the whole file - it will be rebuilt automatically by the sim.
ssimm1958
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by ssimm1958 »

ok please, let me make sure am understanding u correctly, ok u say that having entries one in the user/name/appdata/lockheed martin/ prepar3dv4/scenery.cfg and one in the documents/prepar3dv4 addons/washington x/add-on.xml are duel entries, correct? so if un install washington x then restart sim without it installed will my scenery.cfg rewrite without the entry for washington x? then reinstall wash x, then check that its in the add-on.xml and not in the scenery.cfg and if so should be ok, also have new york city x and ny airports v2 installed and their working ok and searched the scenery.cfg for them and are not in there, are just in add-ons.xml. so guess what are really asking is that does the scenery.cfg re-write if at starting p3d it finds new or missing scenery, sry if am sounding like a dummy but just trying to understand all this.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Too complicated :P
Simply remove one of the entries and it should work just fine.
doudou
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by doudou »

I need Shift+D key combination for other thing than open the SODE window.
How can I neutralize (or modify) this combination, please ?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please contact SODE support however as far as I know it is encoded into the program and cannot be changed.
AOB
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

FSW compatability

Post by AOB »

I have NYC V2.0 installed in my FSW and noticed that other products like Washington X have an install option for FSW. You do not advertise it as being FSW compatable though. Are your products now fully FSW compatable or not please as I would like to get some more but do not want them to be non working in FSW.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

What scenery file to rename as "off" in order to remove the white ground circles from the grass? It is located at the front and back of the White House. Or, can I get a new file to overwrite it as a fix? Such white circle I guess intended to place a fountain which is missing on both sides of the White House.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2 ... untain.jpg
Patricio Valdes
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

trisho0 wrote:a fountain
Yes, I guess that was a fountain. I'll have a look at it when the next update comes.
AOB wrote:Are your products now fully FSW compatable or not
Officially they are not but some of our products indeed have FSW-compatible installers but this is for testing purposes only.