Washington X

Latest version: v1.5 (2020)

AOB
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by AOB »

Thank you for your reply Stanislaw. I hopethat you get a copy of the FSW SDK soon and that all your products become FSW compatable. They are very good.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

White House Fountains

Post by trisho0 »

Any progress to add fountains to Washington X?

[ Added: Tue Oct 31, 2017 20:25 ]
Hello, Why too many bridges crossing among them? Is there a file I can make it off?

Patricio Valdes
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
These are not our bridges - they seem to be generated by another program/scenery.
I do not see any reason to add any more content to the product - as seen on the screenshot, even with the current content you have the autogen almost switched off. Adding more content would make the performance worse.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

White House Fountains missing

Post by trisho0 »

How to improve the look at the fountains which appears to be missing and only spots. You can see from:
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2 ... untain.jpg

Also, I saw from youtube.com a clip video showing better fountains than mine. The scenery is last version installed. I tried to add fountains from freeware but it deteriorates your scenery. The freeware fountains looking amazing but unusable in yours.

Is there settings to make the fountains better than spots?
Patricio Valdes
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

You are right.
I have replaced the textures for the fountains and added the watermask - althought without a 3D geometry, they look much better now. I can't share it with you since they are part of the whole photoreal ground image so they will be available at the new product update. Or you can contact me at my e-mail so I could send you the photoreal image only.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

replaced the textures for the fountains .....

Post by trisho0 »

Just sent you email. Thanks
Patricio Valdes
fredm
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

How to upgrade from P3Dv3 to v4 - uninstall first?

Post by fredm »

Hi. I have not been able to find instructions on how to uninstall from P3Dv3 (and save storage space) in order to install in P3Dv4. Is there an uninstall .exe, or is it as simple as deleting the P3Dv3 folder? Some other process? Thanks
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
You can simply delete the product folder, delete the Scenery Library entry and the corresponding SODE files (SODE\sdx).
AOB
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

FSW 2.3 Installer

Post by AOB »

Hi Stanislaw, I bought the full version from FSPilotshop on the 30th of October, but it does not have the option to install to FSW even though the demonstration version does. Is there any way I can get the version that does please?
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

White House fountains

Post by trisho0 »

I like the White House fountains from freeware marine1whitehousecampdavid_dlffsx.zip and they have the following Latitude and Longitud:

Fountain South Lawn:

lat="38.8965519145131"
lon="-77.0365190505981"
alt="-15.5M"

Fountain North Lawn:

lat="38.8982259482145"
lon="-77.0365490019321"
alt="-17.5M"

What are the coordinates from your Wash X fountains?
I want to add the freeware fountains as add-on in FSX but matching same coordinates.
Patricio Valdes
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: FSW 2.3 Installer

Post by DD Stanislaw »

AOB wrote:full version (...) does not have the option to install to FSW even though the demonstration version does.
This is correct - our DEMOs have this option just as an experiment only and they seem not always work correctly.

Patricio, the fountains topic is closed. If you want to enhance them by yourself, go ahead.
CRJDriver
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by CRJDriver »

I tried to install Washington X with the most basic settings and still have this issue. There seems to be a memory leak with the airport, same with NYC V2 JFK. As the sim sits the FPS drops dramatically. I don't have this issue with other addons, any suggestions?

I'm using P3D V4.1
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Neither Washington nor NY Airports don't have any momery leaks. Please double-check if you have only one active scenery in the Scenery Library (only one entry). Both products are extremely well optimized.
CRJDriver
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by CRJDriver »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Neither Washington nor NY Airports don't have any momery leaks. Please double-check if you have only one active scenery in the Scenery Library (only one entry). Both products are extremely well optimized.
I have just done that and I don't know what to say. If i leave P3D open at DCA or JFK and just let it sit, my FPS will drop from 60 to 10 in about an hour doing nothing. No other airports I have installed do this.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I am afraid I have no idea why this is happening on your setup. Maybe a more effective way to solve that would be toask about that problem on some general forums like Avsim. We haven't seen this type of a problem on any of our products.