NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

speedbird144
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Low fps

Post by speedbird144 »

Hi.
Just installed NY v 2. fps are very bad, around 10!! I have powerful PC and I have 30-45 fps in Flightbeam SFO, PMDG 777 + AS2016 and other addons. Can't fly to/from NY JFK at all. My P3D4 settings are not that high.

My PC:
Prepar3D4|i7 6700K4.0 GHz|Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Extreme|GSkill Ripjaw 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz|ASUSMaximus VIII Hero|NoctuaNH-D15S| Corsair RM850 PSU |Windows 10Professional 64bit| ASUS 24” Triple Monitor set
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Please try deactivating our JFK (via the installer) and testing the performance using the default scenery. Please let me know how many FPS you get with our JFK deactivated.
speedbird144
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by speedbird144 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hi.
Please try deactivating our JFK (via the installer) and testing the performance using the default scenery. Please let me know how many FPS you get with our JFK deactivated.
Default JFK and LGA around 50 on single monitor and 30-40 on triple monitor set. I reinstall NY completely and it is better now. I have 25-35 JFK and 19-26 on LGA on triple monitor set and around 35-40 on single monitor.
bjratchf
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

no SODE jetbridges

Post by bjratchf »

I'm getting the "no stands available" when trying to activate jetbridges... any ideas? JFK was installed about 5 minutes ago.

Also- the runway incursion lights "wig wags" disappear/turn off when the aircraft gets near them.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

speedbird144 wrote:I have 25-35 JFK and 19-26 on LGA on triple monitor set and around 35-40 on single monitor.
This means you are getting same framerates as on the default scenery, which is very good.
bjratchf wrote:runway incursion lights "wig wags" disappear/turn off when the aircraft gets near them
They work together with stop bars.
bjratchf wrote:I'm getting the "no stands available" when trying to activate jetbridges
Shift+D?
bjratchf
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by bjratchf »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
speedbird144 wrote:I have 25-35 JFK and 19-26 on LGA on triple monitor set and around 35-40 on single monitor.
This means you are getting same framerates as on the default scenery, which is very good.
bjratchf wrote:runway incursion lights "wig wags" disappear/turn off when the aircraft gets near them
They work together with stop bars.
bjratchf wrote:I'm getting the "no stands available" when trying to activate jetbridges
Shift+D?
Thanks... I was able to resolve the SODE problem by reinstalling the SODE program..

As far as the stop bars- that's what I'm talking about. They shouldn't shut off (they don't work like the red/green lights in europe, they are illuminated constantly and won't "turn off" when you get close or get cleared onto the runway.)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Roger that. We will try to fix that in the next update.
speedbird144
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by speedbird144 »

Actually stop bars work exactly as they suppose to work:
How will Stop Bars operate?
Pilots and vehicle operators are required to stop at the Runway Hold Point and obtain clearance from ATC prior to entering a runway. Clearance to enter the runway by ATC will be issued in the following sequence:

1. ATC will extinguish the red Stop Bar lights
2. Once the stop bar lights have been extinguished, ATC will issue the pilot or vehicle with the
appropriate clearance.

When I was working in the Control Tower we turn off and turn on stop bars as needed. So stop bars do turnoff and turn on and they are not suppose to remain red all the time.

Since there are not air controllers in the scenery it was programmed to turn it off the aircraft approach assuming the clearance was given. I guess that was developers idea. Correct me if I am wrong.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I believe bjratchf is talking about those yellow lights located on both sides of stopbars. Should they remain ON at all times?

speedbird144
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by speedbird144 »

I hope bjratchf won't take it personally, but he said Stop Bars. Those yellow lights on a picture are Guard Lights which is not the same and have different purpose. Guard lights have alternating yellow lights and it is just a warning that you are approaching the runway and these lights are installed where taxiway ends before the runway.
Per FAA:
Runway Guard Lights provide a visual indication to anyone approaching the runway
holding position that they are about to enter an active runway.
Stop bars provide a distinctive "stop" signal to anyone approaching a runway.

We had ability to control Stop Bars manually from the Control Tower. Guard Lights usually always ON and controlled by the airport authorities, it is just a heads up lights.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I think he was talking about Guard Lights indeed, anyway, everything is clear.
speedbird144 wrote:Since there are not air controllers in the scenery it was programmed to turn it off the aircraft approach assuming the clearance was given. I guess that was developers idea. Correct me if I am wrong.
This is exactly the case - you can't cross stopbars so they need to dissapear before you cross them since there is no advanced in-sim script to control that in coordination to ATC for example.
Mets747
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Performance extremely bad when...

Post by Mets747 »

Hey there DD, for some reason my frame rates take a huge dump when I look towards the scenery, I will be out on the runway facing the opposite way maintaining a steady 40 fps but as soon as I turn my camera towards the scenery it will drop anywhere from 10-14 but as soon as i turn away it is back being smooth as butter. Any ideas?
Jay
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
By "scenery" do you mean a particual airport terminal or Manhatan? If so, try to put your aircraft on the opposite side of an airport and test it again - this is make it clear if the FPS drop is caused by an airport or the city. In case od NYC the FPS drop is expected indeed.
Mets747
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Mets747 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hi.
By "scenery" do you mean a particual airport terminal or Manhatan? If so, try to put your aircraft on the opposite side of an airport and test it again - this is make it clear if the FPS drop is caused by an airport or the city. In case od NYC the FPS drop is expected indeed.

When I look towards the terminals, the city I have installed is just the basic default and has no issue whatsoever. So it is definitely the airport scenery :(
Jay
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok. Please provide a screenshot of the view you are experiencing problems with. Additionally please provide more information regarding your CPU, GPU and RAM. It might also be worth testing the same viewport with our airports deactivated (via the installer). There is a chance there are some remains of an older scenery.