Seattle City XP

Latest version: v1.1 (2018)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle City XP

Post by Martin_Starski » Tuesday 15 Jan 2019, 12:51

Hi, it seems that there was something changed by Laminar and we have to identify the cause of problem.
In EPLL the issue is confirmed but in KPAE taxing looks fine or maybe it applies to specific area / location. Are you maybe able to record the video or let us know if the problem occur at all taxiways?

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw » Tuesday 15 Jan 2019, 17:30

Hi.
Please make sure that your scenery_packs.ini file is correctly rebuilt. The entries should be in the alphabetical order. You may try backing up the file and removing it so it could be rebuilt by the sim.
In our tests our products work in 11.30 just the same as in previous versions.

gromero83
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: German

Post by gromero83 » Friday 20 Mar 2020, 01:56

Trying to be patient here but over a year has passed and still no fix?

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski » Friday 20 Mar 2020, 06:32

Sorry - we are still really busy with the other projects. We are the developer, who updates the sceneries very often and not only because of bugs. But we have very limited number of hands to work and we must remember about "staying in business".

gromero83
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: German

Post by gromero83 » Friday 20 Mar 2020, 14:36

Have you thought about "keeping previous business?" People may not buy any of the new sceneries because this one is still messed up almost 2 years later. Floating buildings, missing buildings, roads and highways that are screwed up.

I guess it doesn't matter though, there's enough new customers, so previous sceneries with bugs can be ignored, push out new airports/cities with bugs, collect the cash and run. Customers can't do anything about it and Dr. Z developers are laughing to the bank. Thanks guys.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw » Friday 20 Mar 2020, 14:55

gromero83, please note that we are doing our best for the existing customers and we definitely do not "collect the cash and run" as you have stated.

Please confirm:
- with "photoreal ON" the buildings are not visible
- with "photoreal OFF" the buildings are visible (not autogen though)

R5311
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: R5311

Post by R5311 » Friday 27 Mar 2020, 00:57

I can appreciate the need of a small group of individuals to "stay in business," and updating buggy scenery doesn't help pay bills. To be fair, if I were a designer, I don't know if I would do things differently, especially if this was my primary source of income.

But, to the consumer, it gets frustrating. I'm watching, as we speak, another major XP11 scenery designer who will go nameless turn their projects into abandonware, and I see the same for aircraft designers. I see questions going unanswered, projects disintegrate, and more and more, I've seen the famous last words "in a future update" turn into total radio silence. To your credit, I will say Drzewiecki Design is at least communicative which is appreciated, but I do wish 1.5 year old bugs would be addressed before developing, for example, static aircraft models. I don't think it's unreasonable to prioritize a considerable 1.5 year old bug. But, I don't know what really goes on behind the scenes...and, again, I am just one consumer, speaking for just myself... but I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's a shame when talking about a payware designer you begin the sentence with "They put out a good product," but have to qualify the sentence with a hesitant "BUT..."

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw » Friday 27 Mar 2020, 01:36

R5311, we appreciate your opinion and will try to do our best in the future.