KDCA Washington National MSFS

Latest version: v1.4 (2023)

db1381
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: DCF_EWR

Re: KDCA Washington National MSFS

Post by db1381 »

Thank you for the fast reply. The drzewieckidsign-kdca folder is in my community folder. From there I went to SimObjects, Landmarks. In the Landmarks folder I have tried deleting every file and the only file that has any effect that I can tell is the DD_Jetway_KDCA folder which removes the non static jetways. Guessing the sound for this addon comes from another location/file?

For a little more background, its not all gates that have this issue. However, Gate C31 is one of the gates this fan/motor noise is very loud (As well as most of the C gates seem to have this issue). When I use the drone to fly around the airport, the noise seems loudest near the air conditioning unit under the gate. In other places it seems to be coming from the tug in front of the stand/gate.

Let me know if I can provide any more info.

Thank you
Bcote689
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: bcote689

Post by Bcote689 »

I am relatively new to MSFS. I just got my first 3 Drzewiecki airports yesterday. I started by installing KDCA.

Is it mandatory to install it in the community folder ? The installer does not seem to allow otherwise.I am not sure if I can just move the folders somewhere else and still get the scenery updates.

I tried to look for the answer before posting, but could not find it. Hoepfully I did not miss it somewhere obvious. Thanks for the assistance.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Bcote689 wrote: Tuesday 26 Sep 2023, 22:10 Is it mandatory to install it in the community folder ?
Yes, it should go to the community folder.
db1381 wrote: Tuesday 26 Sep 2023, 15:33 Guessing the sound for this addon comes from another location/file?
It should come from (...)Packages\Community\drzewieckidesign-kdca\SimObjects\Landmarks - there are sound files that you should be able to remove. Did you do this? Do you still hear any sound?
db1381
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: DCF_EWR

Post by db1381 »

Thanks, I tried deleting those files and sound for this addon does not change. Somehow this addon must be drawing from sound files from another source.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

db1381 wrote: Thursday 28 Sep 2023, 03:33 sound for this addon does not change
Hi, I've just realized that our sounds might still be working if you have any of our other sceneries having such sounds. So, in theory, if you have our other sceneries, please take a look if there are any sound files there and deactivate them.
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: JEP795

Post by JEP795 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Sunday 02 Jul 2023, 06:22 Yes.
You can actually transfer your Marketplace license to f/e iniBuilds.
https://forms.inibuilds.com/order-transfer
Hi Stanislaw,

I have Seattle Landmarks, Washington Landmarks and KDCA which I purchased through the marketplace. I submitted a ticket to transfer to iniBuilds a couple weeks back and got a rejection today saying that my screenshot evidence was not sufficient, despite it showing my Microsoft Gamertag and that I owned the products in my content manager?

What additional proof do I need to satisfy the requirement? I would love to provide my invoice number but Microsoft never itemized my purchases so with my hundreds of marketplace purchases I have no way of knowing.

Thanks in advance!

Jonathan
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

JEP795 wrote: Thursday 05 Oct 2023, 03:44 What additional proof
In such specific cases, please write the Email to us (you can find it on our website).
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Jonathan, a Marketplace screenshot should include the products in such a format where "OWNED" is visible. Otherwise, we only see that they are installed but not necessarily owned.
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: JEP795

Post by JEP795 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 05 Oct 2023, 07:28 Jonathan, a Marketplace screenshot should include the products in such a format where "OWNED" is visible. Otherwise, we only see that they are installed but not necessarily owned.
Thanks! That makes sense, just resubmitted with my screenshot saying owned.

Appreciate the help 🙂
truthknown
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by truthknown »

Hey Guys,

Is there an update in the works that enables all of the jetways at KDCA? I always end up parking at a gate that doesn't have the jetway working and it's a real immersion killer.

Thanks,
Chris
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It might be possible that such an option will be available in the next update, but we already are not working on it.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Chris, you can simply enable static aircraft and see exactly which gates are available.
truthknown
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by truthknown »

Absolutely not. I use PSXT and Realtraffic so using static aircraft does not work for me. Having 2 planes at one gate is an even worse immersion killer.

I absolutely prefer ALL of the gates to be working, as it is in any modern scenery. I fail to see why this was done in the first place. I really hope it will be changed.

Thanks,
Chris
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

In the case of the version with static aircraft, gates are disabled so no AI will park there. Just try and see for yourself. If you don't like it, you can always switch it back.
qwackies
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: qwackies

Post by qwackies »

I bought the airport from the msfs marketplace and gsx cant read the afcad. is it possible to get this file? thanks