EETN Tallinn v2 X

Latest version: v2.4 (2020)

seam1977
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by seam1977 »

ok,zrobilem juz porzadek i jest ok,po wgraniu jeszcze raz scsenerii wszytko wrocilo do normy,dzieki za odp.
VolumeEst
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Runway light problem

Post by VolumeEst »

Hello,

Could someone confirm, that I am not the only one, whos having problems with EETN runway lighting? Flying in the evening is quite impossible.

Waiting for answer,
Volume

[ Added: Fri Aug 28, 2015 19:30 ]

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Heigo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Heigo »

The question in that case is WTF?

You are selling Tallinn X with requirements FSX/P3Dv1/P3Dv2.
http://secure.simmarket.com/drzewiecki- ... -p3d.phtml
http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/produc ... e_Products:

And now You are saying:

P3D-compatible airports will be sold as fully separate products (same price as FSX, FS9 or X-Plane versions). They will be compatible with P3Dv2 and higher (including v3) and all future changes/updates will be free of charge
Buying an FSX version will not give you any discount for any other version of a product

At least, You admit (about a year later) that there are problems with lights ... We reported it to You immediately after the release. Same thing happened in FSX / FSX DX10 as well. Please change the product description (simmarket, Your own page etc) to be not P3Dv2 compatible.

Best Regards,
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... =4393#4393
Heigo wrote:now You are saying: "P3D-compatible airports will be sold as fully separate products"
Negative, I am saying a completely different thing:
DD Stanislaw wrote:here is the most probable future scenario:
• P3D-compatible airports will be sold as fully separate products
It does not mean it is going to happen. And that post was actually written half a year ago.
Heigo wrote:The question in that case is WTF?
Please take care of the language you use here.
http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13
Heigo
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Heigo »

Dear Stanislaw

Understood, but when can we expect working fix for a scenery that is sold as P3D v2 compatible scenery at Simmarket, Aerosoft at Your homepage? As a customer, I am not expected to read through several forums before purchase to find out that there are problems with the product. If Ill buy the "Photoshop for Win 10" and it DOES NOT work in Windows 10 then we have a problem or what? I can understand that there are "more important money-making" products like NY, Miami, Warsaw but what about Tallinn?

Whats more, it is not a new issue, it has been reported in the same forum, same topic for several times (same issue) starting from August 25 2014 (more than a year ago) by me, eke2000, yurikov, VolumeEst etc. To be honest, I do not know any FSX / P3D user from Estonia who has working lights in Tallinn. I personally moved to P3D with expectation that Tallinn X problems (seen in FSX DX10) are the thing of the past.

The fact is that the Tallinn X is NOT compatible with P3D v2 (You can get a latest copy from www.prepar3d.com and check it out for Yourself). The presence of the problem has been verified in a completely vanilla P3D installation by the developers from http://www.flightsim.ee/. So it has nothing to do with any other add-on (ORBX, custom photoreal, landclass etc).

We are aware that this is a common issue with P3Dv2 and "old style BGL lights" but it is Your (as a developer) responsibility to update the product (or remove P3D v2 from product description). The best way to fix it would be completely new light system, since I am not expecting Lockheed Martin to provide backward compatibility with FS2002 / FS2004 SDK (12 years old technology?).

Best Regards,
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Heigo wrote:when can we expect working fix
We are already working on this for a few days and it will take a few more days to be completed. It will be done in the same technique as in EPWA plus there are a few more things we wanted to update.
Heigo wrote:If Ill buy the "Photoshop for Win 10" and it DOES NOT work in Windows 10 then we have a problem
If you buy something for Windows 10 and it works in Win10 v1.0, Win10 v1.1 but does not work in Win10 v1.2 then this would be an exact comparison with our P3Dv2 product situation. You would know that if you had read the link I have given you.
Heigo wrote:The fact is that the Tallinn X is NOT compatible with P3D v2
This part of your message is against our Forum Regulations point 3 http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13 thus you are earning a warning.
Heigo wrote:You can get a latest copy from www.prepar3d.com
This part of your message is also against our regulations (point 3 - software advertisement) resulting in another warning.
Heigo wrote:it is Your (as a developer) responsibility to update the product (or remove P3D v2 from product description).
...or maybe you can move to that version of P3Dv2 where the lighting actually worked? Obviously it would be stupid to ask you to do that but writing to us the way you do only takes our time which can be spend on working on those very issues while providing absolutely neither help nor encouragement for us to work on that airport. I believe this is not your goal though so let us just work on that rather than sharing your comments on how this should have been done (with all the respect and I don't say that I disagree with you).
Heigo wrote:I can understand that there are "more important money-making" products
Obviously - we are not Aerosoft to be able to handle 15 simultaneous projects while still being able to provide fixes to those older - and by fixes I mean upgrades to new versions of P3Dv2 (BTW most of Aerosoft products had the very same lighting-related issues with P3Dv2). New projects will and must always be a priority for a company to stay on the market. It does not mean we don't update older products and all (or most) our customers know that.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

EETN Tallinn X product has been updated to v1.5 featuring:

• Full P3Dv2 compatibility incl. new aerodrome lighting
FSX:SE-compatible installer

DEMO has also been updated to v1.5.
Have fun!
VolumeEst
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by VolumeEst »

1.5 does not solve the runway light problem. Lights looking from east(26) are working unstable(light appear from the position you look at), but from west(08) total black out.

Some members have reported that the trees around the airfield are visible through the clouds.

Plus, is there any ways to speed up the texture load? Compared to others payware scenerys, the loading time of EETN X is just of terrible.

http://www.upload.ee/image/5174057/raja_tuled.png
wigry
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Dual mode FSX how?

Post by wigry »

Hi,

I have both boxed FSX as well as FSX:Steam (was just 4.99 so why not pick it up). I also got the latest update of EETN Tallinn X and there is the mention that now you support FSX dual mode. As I understnad, this somehow combines the installed Box edition and installed Steam edition into one product? I have both installed but when I ran the EETN X installer, I only succeded to install the scenery to my boxed edition.

So how to setup the Dual mode FSX setup that makes it possible to use your scenery also on Steam version of FSX?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dual mode FSX how?

Post by DD Stanislaw »

wigry wrote:how to setup the Dual mode FSX setup that makes it possible to use your scenery also on Steam version of FSX?
FSX Box only installed - use Microsoft Flight Simulator X
FSX:SE only installed - use Microsoft Flight Simulator X

When both sims are installed and you want to...
...install to FSX Box then use Microsoft Flight Simulator X
...install to FSX:SE then use Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition (Dual Mode)

VolumeEst wrote:1.5 does not solve the runway light problem. Lights looking from east(26) are working unstable(light appear from the position you look at), but from west(08) total black out.
Can you somehow confirm using the v1.5 version? Does it sais it on the first page of the manual? Did you completely remove the previous version before installing the new one?
VolumeEst wrote:trees around the airfield are visible through the clouds.

They are made as simobjects (like vehicles and controlled by SODE) and P3Dv2 currently has difficulties in rendering them on low visibilities. I believe LM developers will work on that issue - we can't do anything about it unfortunately. The issues can be seen in many different occasions, not only in our product.
VolumeEst wrote:is there any ways to speed up the texture load
Definitely, but those ways are rather related to hardware issues than anything in the scenery itself, unless some of your FS settings are lowering the loading performance (like high LOD distance for example). On a clear PC and clear sim configuration everything loads instantly on a 3,5GHz proc. There are even no 4096x4096 textures included. I believe something is definitely wrong on your side and if more Estonian virtual pilots can confirm that it might also mean that some other Estonia-related products might cause the performance drop.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I have no idea what you guys are doing with our scenery but definitely it is something unconventional... Here is how our product looks like in P3v2.5:

wigry
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Re: Dual mode FSX how?

Post by wigry »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
wigry wrote:how to setup the Dual mode FSX setup that makes it possible to use your scenery also on Steam version of FSX?
FSX Box only installed - use Microsoft Flight Simulator X
FSX:SE only installed - use Microsoft Flight Simulator X

When both sims are installed and you want to...
...install to FSX Box then use Microsoft Flight Simulator X
...install to FSX:SE then use Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition (Dual Mode)
Thank you for the feedback. I have FSX Box installed in e:\00FSX and FSX:SE installed in e:\Steam\SteamApps\FSX (The Steam client itself is installed on disk C with setting pointing to Steam directory at disk E via Settings -> Downloads -> Content Libraries).

When running the installer and selecting FSX:SE Dual mode, there is an error message:

FSX:Steam Edition in Dual Mode not found.
Try to install the product using Microsoft Slight Simulator X option.

So it is probably a custom Steam directory location that breaks your installer?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Actually it is not that custom directory but probably the wrong registry entry. Our installer checks the registry entry where a path to fsx.exe is located and if the path is invalid the installer stops. What you can do is: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=293
WebMaximus

A very black Tallin...

Post by WebMaximus »

Bought Tallin X a couple of days ago from Aerosoft and tonight I installed the scenery and did my first flight but all textures are black as seen below including buildings, runway, taxiways...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94801887/Black%20Tallin.JPG

How can I fix this?

I'm using Win10 Pro x64 and P3Dv2.5. Let me know if you need any other details.

Richard

[ Added: Tue Dec 01, 2015 01:05 ]
Managed to solve the problem by removing the scenery and then reinstalling it so guess maybe something ended up being corrupt during the first installation or might also have been an issue with the scenery library. I noticed already the fist time I installed the product how the location field for Tallin X was empty and I then tried browsing for the correct path manually. However the first time that didn't help.

This second time I did the same thing but I also made sure the 'Use this scenery' checkbox was enabled rather than the 'Cache this scenery' and after that all black textures were replaced with the correct ones.

One remaining question though just out of curiosity, how are you supposed to uninstall this scenery properly because I couldn't find any uninstallation program?