Chicago Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Archie, you may try removing all of them.
Archie Bailey
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Archie

Post by Archie Bailey »

Hi,

I have managed to remove the static objects by removing any BGL files with STAT or Static in EXCEPT any with JW (Jetway) in. All seems good!

Thanks for your help,
Archie.
basti1981
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Sebastian

Post by basti1981 »

Hello DD-Support,

i've got strange problems with both KORD and KPWK. I haven`t checked out KMDW yet.

1. On both KORD and KPWK the ground texture switches depending on the viewpoint. It doesn`t happen everywhere on the airports. But mostly around buildings. Theres might be also an altitude difference between the textures.

2. At KORD some terminal buildings are disappearing depending on the viewpoint.

3. At KORD i can see some strange black scratches on the taxiways surrounding the central terminal. It almost looks like something has chewed through the concrete.

I`m running Chicago X 1.2 at P3DV4.5. SODE Version is 1.6.6. Additional scenerys are ORBX base, vector and OpenLC. And GSX2 as well.

I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Sebastian
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sebastian,
Do you have any mesh addon? What are you mesh settings?
Can you post some screenshots which show us how it looks like in your sim? It will help us to understand the cause of problem.
As far as I understand, you have already tried to reinstall the scenery with admin rights?
Can you confirm that our scenery is on the top of the scenery library?
Is your ORBX folder is in a default location which should allow our installer to make the respective adjustments? Or if you deactivate ORBX, is there any difference?
Can you please also provide me with the following files: ...\MyDocuments\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\[name of the product]\information.cfg ...\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-on.cfg
I know that my suggestion are something very basic, but let's start from something as it doesn't seem like anything standard.
basti1981
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by basti1981 »

Hello Martin,

i could not recreate the problem with the ground textures today at both KORD and KPWK. However i will keep monitoring this issue.

i do not have any mesh addons. As far as i know neither orbx base nor vector nor OpenLC NA provide any mesh data.
My mesh settings are: Mesh Resolution=1m, Tesselation factor=High

The scenery Chicago X is not at the top. Due to the addon installation method i cannot move it to the top. However its at number 22.

The Orbx-Folder is not in the default location but on the same drive just outside the P3D root folder.

Regarding the cfg-files:
There`s no information.cfg file in the mentioned folder. Just an add-on.xml file.
The other one i cannot upload because it doesn`t allow cfg-files to be attached here.

Last but not least i have attached 2 screenshots regarding the missing building and the black scratches.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
Sebastian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Firstly I would reinstall the scenery with admin rights and would make sure that ORBX products are below our sceneries (you can do it via setting insertion point in ORBX central).
basti1981 wrote: Tuesday 14 Apr 2020, 15:50 Last but not least i have attached 2 screenshots regarding the missing building and the black scratches.
This building is missing depending on the viewpoint, right? It's not permanently missing.

Have you had any other KORD scenery? Or GSX2, because I'm not fully sure if these jetways have been done by us..
ddajetking777
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Doug

Post by ddajetking777 »

Martin

When I taxi by Concourse B - KORD, eastbound on taxiway G, near the far east gates, the terminal building will disappear, leaving just the jetways - this happens when I’m looking straight out from the flight deck in virtual cockpit. When I change the view, aircraft right, or tower view, the building is visible with all jetways. When I taxi west bound on G in the same location, all views show the terminal building, including virtual cockpit. I don’t have Orbx and I’ve reinstalled KORD a few times using admin rights. Thoughts ??
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Doug, please note that these are not our jetways on the picture above. In case you use GSX, please make sure to use the Cartayna configuration. http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... ?f=3&t=460
basti1981
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by basti1981 »

Hello Martin,
Hello Stanislaw,

Yes the building is only missing from certain view angles. Its not completely missing.
I`ve got no other chicago scenery besides this one.
Thanks for the hint with the jetways. I was indeed using the Cartayna-File with GSX2. However switching back to the original didn't solve the problem. Anyway I've attached a new screenshot.
I`ve also reinstalled the scenery with admin rights again and moved the orbx-sceneries further down, but the problem remains.

But i found your information.cfg file. It was not in the mentioned folder, but in the ChicagoX/documents folder.

Additionally i took a look into the sode logfile. But everything seems fine there. No error messages.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
Sebastian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ddajetking777
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Doug

Post by ddajetking777 »

Copy that. I didn’t realize that was the case. I’ll checkout the link provided ! Thank you.
Wheatgrass
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Wheatgrass123

Post by Wheatgrass »

I know most users like to use SODE but for me, SODE drops my frame rate no matter the settings while ctrl+j jetways don't. So I'd like to ask can you guys add static jetways to your sceneries?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Negative, there are no plans to switch from animated to static jetways. We use static jetways in our DEMOs though.
Please note - in case of not using SODE you would have no vegetation around the airport and no airport lighting, as all this is SODE-controlled (in case of our products).
FredK
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: FredK

Post by FredK »

Hi....

I have both Chicago City and Chicago Airports installed.

My problem is twofold.....First, I have no runway lights at the Chicago airports. I can fix that by optioning to have "runway lights always on" in the airports installer.

However I also have a problem of jetways missing upon arrival at the Chicago airports. This is not an issue on departure though....jetways display as normal at startup in that case.

This issue does not appear anywhere else including many other third party airport add-ons (including DD).

From previous posts here and observed behavior I suspect this is a SODE issue, but I have not found a way of correcting it. I have observed that SODE does crash (that is, the module disappears from the drop-down menu) upon approach to the airports. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling SODE and uninstalling/reinstalling Chicago City and Airports.

Any ideas on how to address this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Fred K
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The lights are controlled via SODE, so if it crashes, lights and jetways are not displayed.
Have you tried the latest SODE version?
FredK
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: FredK

Post by FredK »

Thanks...The latest version of SODE did correct the problem!