RJAA Tokyo Narita P3D

Latest version: v1.1 (2020)

john
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: john

Re: RJAA Tokyo Narita P3D

Post by john »

I'm getting low FPS again for some reason while looking at the terminal area from 34L start position.
I have no clue what causes this, in 1.0 simply rebuilding couatl's cache at KVPS was enough to fix this. Now It doesn't work anymore. Settings unchanged (yes, reverted from forced bump by installer).
john
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by john »

john wrote: Tuesday 10 Nov 2020, 20:06 I'm getting low FPS again for some reason while looking at the terminal area from 34L start position.
I have no clue what causes this, in 1.0 simply rebuilding couatl's cache at KVPS was enough to fix this. Now It doesn't work anymore. Settings unchanged (yes, reverted from forced bump by installer).
And just like that, after loading in a couple of times the fps shot back up basically butter.
Am I missing something or what?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please note that couatl is not our product and we have no idea how it works and what it calculates (and when). Perhaps it is dumping some data when the FPS is lower, it is hard to say really.
john
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by john »

Now that i think about it, the one action i did before returning to the low fps is a reset of the shader cache.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

So, probably you should consider the possible impact of other sim feature or addon.
john
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by john »

loaded at night, 747 pmdg, first 5 minutes unplayable then shot up to butter out of the blue. No other airport addon does this.
john
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by john »

Im wondering if its something with the animated apron vehicles that were added. I recall at an unrelated addon airport that my fps would leak catastrophically from those up until i decided to turn them off.

Which bgl should i disable to remove animated apron vehicles?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I am afraid I do not believe that the animations generated by our scenery could have such influence to the fps drop, so I guess it's a blind alley.
Furthermore - no-one else reports similar issues, so it seems to be something specific to your environment or add-ons.
I know that it's annoying, but you can probably find the cause by disabling some other addons one by one - and I'm not talking about sceneries only.

[edit SD]
cheech420now
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Roger

Post by cheech420now »

Is there any way possible to get PSD files for the jetways. I would love to change there logo for my VA?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

According to our product license "(...) You may not modify or adapt the Product, merge the Product into another program, or create derivative works based on the Product". So generally it's not allowed but please write to my Email marcin@drzewiecki-design.net and describe me what you want to do in details - then we will see.
sincedric
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by sincedric »

Hello all, I just did a landing and takeoff from RJAA and I hit some kind of a bump when landing which slams my nose gear to the ground. A similar thing happened on my takeoff roll when I rotate, the nose gear dropped back down on the RWY. Did anyone experience that before? I am on version 1.1. Thank you all!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, so far no-one reported the similar problem. During our tests we've never faced the similar problem too.

Which runway and in which place it happened? Which sim are we talking about and what other addons do you have?

It seems to be specific to your case, so maybe it's the other addon causing it. Do you have our scenery on top of scenery library?
OliverT
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Oliver

Post by OliverT »

Hi, will you be providing a demo version of your Natira? I think it looks very good however I am a bit concerned about v-ram issues as I have a 1060 with 6GB of it. Thanks, OT.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
We will not be providing DEMO versions of our future products. There are a few reasons for that.

There are customers with 1060 and they are satisfied (as seen in this thread) however the sim has to be adequately configured.
john
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by john »

OliverT wrote: Wednesday 18 Nov 2020, 04:15 Hi, will you be providing a demo version of your Natira? I think it looks very good however I am a bit concerned about v-ram issues as I have a 1060 with 6GB of it. Thanks, OT.
Runs like butter with the 980 4gb, I have lowered max texture settings. you may get low fps for the first times you load the airport but just keep looking around the airport, at some point the fps shoot through the roof for some reason.