Seattle Airports XP

Latest version: v1.2 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle Airports XP

Post by Martin_Starski »

BTW: Which options have you choosed during the install process? Have you checked if there is any difference when you choose the alternative ones? I mean static and ground photoreal.
pleader
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Pleader

Post by pleader »

I use the Orbx Central install software. Under the “configure” tab my setting was “With statics and photoreal.” Today I tested all the other settings, “With statics but no photoreal,” etc. None of those settings produced markings on the blank taxiway sign fixtures.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Ok, we will test it in our environment again - I will get back to you soon.
EverettAviation
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Calvin

Post by EverettAviation »

Been using this scenery since I bought XP11 nearly 2 years ago now. The airports are much nicer to look at than the default Gateway airports, but they are starting to show their age. For one, the 737 NG ended production in 2019, so KRNT shouldn't have any of those sitting around. Also, the former Dreamlifter Operations Center is now in use by Fedex with one flight per day Mon-Fri to and from Memphis. And yes, all of the Boeing and Dreamlifter signage has been removed, but so far there isn't a Fedex logo on the building, although that may come soon. It would be nice if there was a small patch to update these things but to be fair they are nitpicks and don't really detract from the experience that much. It's just a bit odd using a Fedex 757 where the Dreamlifter Operations Center is currently rendered.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

EverettAviation, thank you for letting us know!
We will definitely update the package at some point - frankly, we are already working on Renton.
EverettAviation
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Calvin

Post by EverettAviation »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 05 Oct 2021, 04:48 EverettAviation, thank you for letting us know!
We will definitely update the package at some point - frankly, we are already working on Renton.
Wow, that was a lot faster than I expected! :lol:
Thanks for the quick and honest reply!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

You may consider following us on Instagram to find out even more. 8)
https://www.instagram.com/drzewieckidesign/
MediumRareBaku
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: MediumRareBaku

Post by MediumRareBaku »

Now that you are distributing this scenery via OrbX, does that mean the Seattle Airports are now finally compatible with OrbX true earth Washington? I have never purchased this because of the much discussed mesh issues when using OrbX.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

ORBX is the store with our products. I'm afraid nothing has changed in the meantime - we didn't do such compatibility tests, but you may ask ORBX too.
asher_050100
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Asher

SAM Implementation

Post by asher_050100 »

Hi there, I'm a scenery developer who has recently worked on the now-released BinerSim Soekarno-Hatta WIII for X-Plane 11. I've been enjoying DD's Seattle Airports for at least a year now since I bought it from Simmarket. However, I've been bummed by the fact that the scenery does not have SAM integration on the jetways especially with the fact that there are static jetways in place of the parking positions where static aircraft is parked, even when the latter is disabled.

I'm writing this to ask for permission to use the jetway .obj files from the scenery pack in order to make SAM-compatible jetways out of it, and, if possible with SAM licensing from your part, for it to be implemented to the Seattle Airports XP package in a future update. However, if there are some licensing issues, I'm asking to do it only for private use.

Kind regards.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

asher_050100 wrote: Sunday 14 Nov 2021, 23:54 cenery does not have SAM integration on the jetways
Hi Asher, this product was created in 2018 and at such time we used Autogates plugin. In the lastly-created XP sceneries we use SAM only.

(...) SD
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

asher_050100 , Seattle Airports XP jetways are animated with the Autogate plugin.
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... te-plugin/
They work correctly and there is no reason to change the animation system right now.
asher_050100
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Asher

Post by asher_050100 »

Thank you for the answers!
pisymbol
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: pisymbol

Post by pisymbol »

I can’t use DD Seattle Airports as of now. When I try to add it to my system the scenery fails to load claiming it can’t find

__atan2_finite

And that lin.xpl is ELFCLASS32 (I’m obviously on x86-64).

Anyone seen this kinda of issue before? Sorry, I’m on the wrong system to attach the full log. I bought the sceneary from OrbX and orbx-central has verified the files are correct. Is the scenery built for i386?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I think it relates to the installer created by ORBX - I'd be worth informing them via forum.

Some time ago I noticed the similar issue referring to Groundtraffic plugin, which was organized wrongly by the ORBX installer - in fact should be reorganized into the 32 and 64 bit folders so that the 64 bit x-plane finds the correct plugin for its architecture. In such the case reorganizing the plugin folder and removing the 32 bit groundtraffic plugin solved the problem.