Washington XP

Latest version: v1.3 (2020)

73samster
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: nonstop73

Re: Washington XP

Post by 73samster »

Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 01 May 2021, 17:03 You can apply for a refund but you have to do this directly to the store, where you bought it.
On the other hand - you still didn't attach scenery_packs.ini and log.txt. You didn't attach any screenshot too, so how can we help you if we are even not aware how does it look like in your sim.
you are right. I will try one more time and will attach pics and log file. Was just a hassle since I cannot drag and drop. Let me get the info so everyone can see.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Ok, as I mentioned - log.txt and scenery_packs.ini you can attach as zip file here.
Pics you can also attach here - for example via bb codes/links from this website: https://imgbb.com/
73samster
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by 73samster »

ok....I am trying. But in the meantime, what is the user_nav.dat for? Do I really need to put this with the lines you included in the Custom Data? I am now an expert and just want to make sure this is not effecting the scenery and only for navigation if there is an issue with that. Also let me be clear. The scenery loads. My issue is the hills with cars driving like they are climbing walls in some places as other users have shown. Is this normal?
73samster
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by 73samster »

Take a look at this thread. These pictures show exactly what I am taking about with weird plateaus. Also, I am using alpilot HD Mesh for that area. See pics.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... in-issues/
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

73samster wrote: Tuesday 04 May 2021, 01:22user_nav.dat
In this file there are navigation data only.
73samster wrote: Tuesday 04 May 2021, 01:22 Do I really need
You don't need to but nav data may be incorrect then.
73samster wrote: Tuesday 04 May 2021, 05:27 using alpilot HD Mesh
Our scenery has own mesh, so any other one can interfere with our files.

You still didn't provide your log.txt and scenery_packs.ini. You mentioned about the thread, which shows many different pics posted in 2017 - we still didn't see any pic from your sim posted here. I even do not know which sim version are you using and which scenery version. Sorry but you can't be helped this way.
73samster
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by 73samster »

Hi, I had difficulty uploading but I think I have finally provided the links below. There are weird plateaus and not Sure why. Also, I will install the nav data as it seems necessary. See the links below and let me know if you can see my issues.

https://ibb.co/Db7GGpr
https://ibb.co/vkvYF8h
https://ibb.co/Xp2ZZBP
https://ibb.co/m6P5msN
https://ibb.co/CB1h6Dz

Let me know what feedback you can provide. I really want help.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for the files. I'm afraid they can be caused by Ortho4XP, which overwrites the mesh data, so the custom mesh (ours) will not be displayed correctly. Have you tried to deactivate Ortho4XP and check if the problem still exists?
73samster
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by 73samster »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 05 May 2021, 21:25 Thanks for the files. I'm afraid they can be caused by Ortho4XP, which overwrites the mesh data, so the custom mesh (ours) will not be displayed correctly. Have you tried to deactivate Ortho4XP and check if the problem still exists?
When you say deactivate, are you referring to the specific tile for that area? No I have not. So you believe it is truly Ortho4xp that is overwriting? Wouldn't your mesh have priority? Also, is the Terrain file in the right order and finally, do you recommend installing the nav data in the custom data file?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

73samster wrote: Wednesday 05 May 2021, 21:36 referring to the specific tile
The specific tile or all Ortho4XP entries - just for testing purpose.
73samster wrote: Wednesday 05 May 2021, 21:36 Wouldn't your mesh have priority?
Unfortunately XP11 is not working in this way - we noticed that Ortho4XP overwrites our mesh data in our different addons, even if their priority is higher. My presumption is that the other addons causes your problem - my money is on Ortho4XP, but you have rather large number of addons, so frankly speaking it's hard to say which one interferes. That's why it would be great to see if Washington XP is ok without other ones - it shouldn't be very troublesome to check.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

73samster wrote: Wednesday 05 May 2021, 21:36 installing the nav data
Please follow our instruction: "Copy all lines included in the file X-Plane11\Custom Scenery\[OurProductName]
INSTALLER\earth_nav11.txt into the file named X-Plane 11\Custom Data\user_nav.dat into the bottom of the
list, just above the line containing “99”. If there is no user_nav.dat available in the given directly you need to copy
it from the X-Plane11\Custom Scenery\[OurProductName] INSTALLER folder."
73samster
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by 73samster »

Sad part is that I did it on my test copy of X-plane as well and same thing. That copy has no ortho or any plug ins.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I consulted this and it turned out that in this product we used default X-Plane flattens method, which makes flattens so rough without smooth transition. That flatten placed on the half rough area and then we can see that half is flatten and half still rough - that's a bug of X-plane and when we made this scenery we didn't have any instrumets to make a good flattens. Sorry but this is the way how it's done.
ryeggy10
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Ricky

Post by ryeggy10 »

Hi!

I hope I am posting in the correct location.

I just Purchased Washington XP (I have Chicago, NY, and Seattle as well).

Am I supposed to Remove "X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC or no? (Should I do the same for NY & Chicago as well)

Thank you for awesome products!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi!
Yes, probably you should do that, I do not think that this feature was in-built into the installer.
CobsterLee2010
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: CobsterLee2010

Jetway problems at DCA

Post by CobsterLee2010 »

I tried using SAM and AutoGate for the DCA airport scenery yet it didn't work so help?