EETN Tallinn v2 XP

Latest version: v2.05 (2018)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. Runway markings are correct indeed.
Regarding all other things you see - these are al animated parts in FSX so there were limited options on what to do with them in XP - most of them are removed. I haven't seen those gates on the ground though but it looks like something easy to fix.
wigry
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by wigry »

Do you have any plans to restore the animated parts for X-Plane? It might require sme special handling though so that you cannot just export things from FSX anymore but you need to use X-Plane specific tools/progrmming to get them working.

Also as I understand FSX is the first class citizen here and X-Plane version is simple conversion?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, FSX is definitely the first class citizen regarding to sales, so it is quite obvious that the initial products are and will be developed for FSX, then converted to other sims. It does not mean that there are some limitations in using our X-Plane products however they might have a little less functionality, like no seasons, no custom mesh, no conditional animations etc.
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

wigry wrote:First the broken runway marking:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-_RIV ... _pro_1.jpg

Then the gates lying on the ground and totally missing fence
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5HLb ... _pro_2.jpg

Finally the missing (or open) hangar doors:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-N2e_ ... _pro_3.jpg

[ Added: Mon Jan 19, 2015 19:56 ]
Sorry, the runway markings in the scenery are spot on. The landing zonbe is indeed moved forward and is between III and II markers. Here is the same runway in real life (I am piloting the plane in this shot and friend is taking picture):
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-eQ9F ... levels.JPG
FIX for you remarks
Extract "Earth nav data" and "objects" to DD EETN Tallinn XP Layer1 (If you have last version of scenery) or to EETN_Tallinn_XP_high (If you have oldest version of scenery)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQMlD ... sp=sharing
wigry
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by wigry »

Beautiful, thank you for a quick fix.

Now I would have one final request. Would it be possible to change the callsign and livery of one of the C172-s near the red/white checkered hangars to ES-ECY or ES-ECF as the company Pakker Avio owns those planes and all the time either one is parked near the hangars. Heres the picture of the plane near the hangar (actually in the fuel station in this picture)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-sXK5 ... GP0059.JPG

[ Added: Tue Jan 20, 2015 17:16 ]
Another thing I can recommend is to put perhaps an Aero L-39 into that hangar territory as C152 is quite alien airplane in there whereas there are always one or two Aero L-39's on display.

BTW the picture I posted about ES-ECF, on that picture can be seend the crashed hangar where now is the new one with transparent doors. The old hangar crashed due to snow weight.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Version v1.2 of this product has been sent to stores. It features visual updates at the airport area (fixes some bugs related to invisible objects like hangar doors or some gates) and also adds some surrounding buildings. You need to download the full installer to get it. Uninstalling the previous version (v1.1) is not required.

karl lepp
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by karl lepp »

Hello!

First of all thank you Stanislaw, and the whole DD team for creating probably the nicest scenery in XP10 yet. I especially love it during the night. It is just stunning.

Now I read the thread and I couldn't find the answer anywhere: is there a possibility to remove the low-res "ortophoto" covering the city and suburbs? I'd like to replace that with a high def satellite image of my own.

I used to use a converted version of the FSX version and just put the Sat image a layer lower but now it seems I can't remove the "photoreal" without removing most of the buildings.

Can it be done in WED? Can someone please point me in the right direction? I quite the beginner when it comes to messing around with XP10 scenery.

Other than the "Photoreal" area eveything else is top notch! Tallinn, my hometown, has once again become my main destination in the virtual skies. Thank you so much for making that happen!

Regards,
Karl
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

Hi Karl, i am will send scenery without photoscenery little bit later!

[ Added: Thu Feb 26, 2015 20:06 ]
Karl, check your PM
karl lepp
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by karl lepp »

That was fast! Thank you!
Watauga
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Watauga »

Stanislaw,

I am enjoying discovering Estonia through your Tallinn Airport. I did find three errors in the log.txt. I could not find an option to attach the log.txt file.

WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/DD EETN Tallinn XP Layer1/fac/fence1.png has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.
WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/DD EETN Tallinn XP Layer1/fac/fence2.png has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.
WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/DD EETN Tallinn XP Layer1/fac/concretefence_wire.png has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.

I am using Windows 10 with X-Plane 10.45. I this something you can send me information to correct?

Thank you for your help.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Thanks for the info, we will have a look into this.
Watauga
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Watauga »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hello.
Thanks for the info, we will have a look into this.
Stanislaw,

Have you been able to locate the "power of 2" error showing up for the EETN airport?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes.
This error does not have any influence on the sim - it is simply a warning.
lukaszstaron
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by lukaszstaron »

Watauga wrote:Stanislaw,

...I am enjoying discovering Estonia through your Tallinn Airport.log.txt...

WARNING: texture Custom Scenery/DD EETN Tallinn XP Layer1/fac/fence1.png has a size that is not a power of 2; it may not render correctly.
Guys - it's same error as with PA vol.1 and no fences. Does it mean EETN is another product without working fences?

Mr. Drzewiecki, I think it's time to solve those issues with PA and EETN, especially that EETN is on my "to buy list" for next sales.

Thx
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The product is available since October 2014 and this issue has never been reported before. We will look into that during the next update of the product.