No photo and no static.
Michael_B767_ATP
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Mike

Re: NY Airports v2 XP

Post by Michael_B767_ATP »

Hi,

I tracked the issue to using your "non-PhotoReal" install of the airports. If you uses the photreal option the roadways are fine.

Will there be a fix?

Thanks
Mike
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Unfortunately this is the way how this scenery was designed as it's our old scenery.
Is it ok for you to use the option with photoground?
Brucekn
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Bruce

Post by Brucekn »

I installed NY Airports today into X-Plane 11.51, on a Mac, and made the edits to the existing .dat file as instructed. What I’m finding is if I set up my aircraft to be on KLGA runway 04, I am actually positioned on runway 22. In fact, for trying to position my aircraft on any runway, I end up being on the reciprocal runway. How do I fix this? Thanks for any answers. Bruce.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello Bruce, can you please let me know which version have you installed? I want to be sure that it's the last one.
Brucekn
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Brucekn »

Hi Martin, thanks for your response.

The version I have is v1 (includes all NY City area airports). I had purchased it years ago at the X-Plane.org Store, and since I am doing some flying in the NYC area I re-installed it. Do I need to purchase v2 of your scenery?

Thanks, Bruce.
Michael_B767_ATP
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Mike

Post by Michael_B767_ATP »

Hi,

Wasn't crazy about the quality of the photo-scenery, sorry no offense... That's the reason I installed the airports without it. So what are the other options (I get the static aircraft) for? Why would anyone install without photo-real if there is no other option for the airport scenery?

I love your work and I can run New York city with your NYC airports now, my systems needed to be updated to handle the demand... I've waited two years for this! :D

I can certainly use this with photoreal, that's how I'm running it now. Just didn't/don't understand the install options for photo-real.

Thanks
Mike

Martin_Starski wrote: Tuesday 05 Jan 2021, 10:19 Unfortunately this is the way how this scenery was designed as it's our old scenery.
Is it ok for you to use the option with photoground?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Brucekn wrote: Thursday 07 Jan 2021, 01:37 to position my aircraft on any runway, I end up being on the reciprocal runway
This is our fault and will be fixed as soon as we release RJAA for XP11.
Brucekn wrote: Friday 08 Jan 2021, 01:12 Do I need to purchase v2 of your scenery?
Yes, we recommend update to the last version, which should offer better visuals, performance, etc. In some shops you can be entitled to the special upgrade price.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Michael_B767_ATP wrote: Friday 08 Jan 2021, 18:54 Just didn't/don't understand the install options for photo-real.
Partially you are right, especially as this is rather old project and is not reaching our current quality level, but you also need to bear in mind that some users still want to save some fps or want use the other photo-scenery - but the truth is that in case of this project it's not working as it should.
Brucekn
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Brucekn »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 08 Jan 2021, 22:01 Yes, we recommend update to the last version, which should offer better visuals, performance, etc. In some shops you can be entitled to the special upgrade price.
Thanks Martin. One question for you- does the v2 NYC Airports scenery (the one that includes KLGA, KJFK and KTEB) require the edits to earth_nav.dat in XP11.51? Thanks again for your helpful replies. Bruce.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Yes - if you are talking about copying lines from our file earth_nav11.txt into user_nav.dat. With exe installer it's being done automatically. In case of manual install (based on zip file) it has to be done manually. Everything is described in the attached manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f05sscvyrwldw ... h.pdf?dl=0
Brucekn
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Brucekn »

Martin_Starski wrote: Saturday 09 Jan 2021, 23:23 Yes - if you are talking about copying lines from our file earth_nav11.txt into user_nav.dat. With exe installer it's being done automatically. In case of manual install (based on zip file) it has to be done manually. Everything is described in the attached manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f05sscvyrwldw ... h.pdf?dl=0
Thanks Martin. I did purchase today the v2 of your NYC airports- the one part that has KLGA, KJFK and KTEB. Your V2 scenery appears to be well done, from the limited time I have spent with it. I do have some questions about the runway and approach lighting (I am an instrument rated pilot, and don’t fly into the NYC airports at all, so these comments are made from reference to my instrument approach charts).

I have only so far tried KLGA. I am wondering if I can fix these issues myself, but don’t know enough about XP11 scenery design. Runways 13 and 22 have touch-down zone lighting and approach lighting, which is correct other than runway 22 has ALSF-1 approach lighting. Runway 04 should also have approach and touchdown zone lighting (similar to runway 13), but I don’t see any. I also wonder if there should be lead-off/on lighting from the runways to the taxiways- these are usually alternating green and amber. These issues are not major, and once again I’m wondering if I can make these changes myself.

Finally, I have yet to copy the lines from earth_nav11.txt to user_nav.dat. I don’t know if this is a part of the issue or not. I assume the lines I copy to user_nav.dat are not over-ridden by NaviGraph updates?

Thanks again for all your helpful replies and the scenery. Bruce.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Brucekn wrote: Sunday 10 Jan 2021, 01:11 some questions about the runway and approach lighting
The truth is that this package was done in 2017/2018, so it could be worth updating it. On the other hand - if we should follow all changes at the airports, we would not be able to release any new projects. I will note all your remarks that they will be considered as soon as the new update is on the way.
Brucekn wrote: Sunday 10 Jan 2021, 01:11 assume the lines I copy to user_nav.dat are not over-ridden by NaviGraph updates?
Honestly speaking I'm not sure as I don't use Navigraph in XP. I can only presume that Navigraph doesn't change user_nav.dat - otherwise we would have many messages in the support.
Brucekn
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Brucekn »

Martin_Starski wrote: Sunday 10 Jan 2021, 15:22
The truth is that this package was done in 2017/2018, so it could be worth updating it. On the other hand - if we should follow all changes at the airports, we would not be able to release any new projects. I will note all your remarks that they will be considered as soon as the new update is on the way.

Honestly speaking I'm not sure as I don't use Navigraph in XP. I can only presume that Navigraph doesn't change user_nav.dat - otherwise we would have many messages in the support.
Thanks Martin, much appreciated.
haroldhoeg
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: HaroldHoeg

Post by haroldhoeg »

After several attempts to install and editing scenery order, I cannot get buildings to load in the package containing LGA, JFK and TEB. The other package containing EWR works totally fine! Here's my scenery_packs.ini file contents. Maybe someone can help?

Code: Select all

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK C:\Users\Harold\Desktop\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EBBR Brussels/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LSGG Genf/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CA-CYVR-A-Vancouver Intern Airport/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CA-CYVR-B-Mesh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CA-CYYZ-A-Toronto Airpot Pearson/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CA-CYYZ-B-Toronto Airport Traffic/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CA-CYYZ-C-Toronto Mesh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CYYZ - Pearson Winter Texture/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CFXP - CYLW/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CFXP - CYLW Static Aircraft/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CFXP - CYYC/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CFXP - CYYC Calgary Heliports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CFXP - CYYC City Center/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CFXP - Kelowna VFR/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CFXP - Static Aircraft Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD_NY_Airports_v2_XP Documents/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD_NY_Airports_v2_XP_1KEWR-KCDW-KLDJ_Roads/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD_NY_Airports_v2_XP_1KJFK-KLGA-KTEB_Roads/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD_NY_Airports_v2_XP_KEWR-KCDW-KLDJ/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD_NY_Airports_v2_XP_KJFK-KLGA-KTEB/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KBOS - Boston Logan International/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KBOS - Boston Logan International Orthophotos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KBOS - GroundTraffic City/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSAN - San Diego International/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco Cable Cars/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - San Francisco V2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Golden Gate Bridge/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSFO - Traffic Oakland Bay Bridge/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSLC-Salt Lake City International/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Nimbus Simulation - KPHX - Phoenix/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MisterX_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - New York/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK C:\Users\Harold\Desktop\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_GlobalTrees/
SCENERY_PACK C:\Users\Harold\Desktop\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_StaticAircrafts/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Airport Environment HD/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/BS2001 Object Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CDB-Library/