Miami City XP

Latest version: v1.4 (2019)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
These airports have indeed lower resolution textures by design, which can be seen on promo screenshots: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodMiami_XP.htm . 5 years ago, when we produced this product, the main interest was to place as many city buildings as possible while airports were only added as an "extra". Please compare the resolution you are viewing in the sim with those promo shots. If it maches, than everything is correct (=as designed).
Gilandred
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Gilandred »

Hello.

I would like to know how to disable the KMIA airport that comes with Miami City XP. I like the city itself, but I wish to replace the airport with a more updated version. When I add another KMIA version to my custom scenery, I notice that there are still purple taxiway lights from Miami XP version of KMIA that still show up at night. For reference I am replacing the airport with Nimbus KMIA version2, and I've placed it at the top of my scenery list.

Thanks.
emengual
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by emengual »

Hello, im new in the forum, i recently change my sim fro FSX to Xplane and buy some scenerys, one of them Miami XP. the thing is about the short distance to draw the buildings, some buildings not appear at all, an the custom buildings have the same distance draw like the overlay buildings.
in comparison to NYC XPlane the draw of the manhattan buildings are amazing, i spect at least the same from Miami, but a litle disapointed right now.

I try deactivate the overlays and the draw still too short, only the boats draw from very long distance like i spected.

Regards
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

Hi!
This is fix for low-range LOD. For install extract folder from archive to X-plane folder with replase.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQMlD ... sp=sharing
Have fun!
wolfram44
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by wolfram44 »

Trying to post a new topic, but apparently I have not been in forum recently (nor had reason to until now) I have Miami XP, but only the airport is visable. No other buildings along Miami coast. Plase advise on how I can post with attachments.

[ Added: Sun Aug 06, 2017 19:57 ]
Never mind...got it to work
noto1125
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by noto1125 »

I too would like to deactivate KMIA in Miami City. Could someone tell how this could be done?
Holding Short
mickham29
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

KMIA overlay editor??

Post by mickham29 »

Hi I am trying to edit KMIA with overlay editor to enable Nimbus version,but I am getting errors concerning volume texture not supported.I would enclose screenshots of errors but do not see any way of doing this
I am using ver 1.2 of Miami and xp11
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

You probably know that this violates product's licence, right? You should get our agreement first.
mickham29
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

KMIA

Post by mickham29 »

I am very very sorry I did not realize that.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

No problem, I give you the permission. Anyway it is always better to ask first (and read licences).
mickham29
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by mickham29 »

Thank you.I have all of your packages and would love to get MIAMI City to cooperate with Nimbus(not that there is anything wrong with your version)but then again that is not your problem.
Again thank you
Regards M.Hamilton
branislavmilic
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Buildings' lights in the evening / at night?

Post by branislavmilic »

Hi

Can we expect an update soon with the buildings having their lights on in the evening / at night?
I have landed in real Miami in the evening and it was an amazing light show with buildings' lights.

In the Miami scenery, most of the buildings have their lights off.

Thank you.

http://www.branislavmilic.com/x-plane/miami-1.jpg
http://www.branislavmilic.com/x-plane/miami-2.jpg
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
This is a 2012 product. I don't think upgrading it to anything better than it is now would be possible due to techniques that were used at a time (without making buildings from scratch obviously, but we do not plan to do that in the nearest future).
MrGeeBee
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by MrGeeBee »

Moter wrote:Hi!
This is fix for low-range LOD. For install extract folder from archive to X-plane folder with replase.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQMlD ... sp=sharing
Have fun!
Is this fixed or? this link doesn't work.
hkterry
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Re: Miami City XP

Post by hkterry »

Dear Sir

The Miami XP that I purchased from SimMarket is still Version 1.1 not 1.2. Would you please ask them to update their download web site.

Many thanks

Terry