New York City XP

Latest version: v1.6 (2018)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: New York City XP

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you attach the scenery_packs.ini and logs.txt file here? (please make a zip file).

Which version of the scenery have you installed?
Have you installed it via manually (zip) or automatically (exe)?
Have you had this problem in stable XP 11 version / not beta?
asandor
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: asandor

Post by asandor »

I will post the scenery_packs.ini and log.txt after I get done with my current flight.

The version I bought from the X-Plane.org store said it was 1.6 and was a zip file, so manually installed. But in the version.txt file that is included with it, it says version 2.0.

The full line says: DD New York City XP Version 2.0

I have not tried it on a non-beta of X-Plane and I only have the beta installed. Yeah, I know bad move.
asandor
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by asandor »

And here is the X-Plane log.txt and the scenery_packs.ini file as requested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

asandor, you really need to compare particular areas with resources I have suggested above, f/e this screenshot: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/images ... Cxp_04.jpg

Please note - our NYC product was never intended for close-ups as some of our newer projects are (Chicago, Seattle, Washington, Moscow etc). http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodCHIcity_XP.htm NYC provides realistic visuals on standard VFR routes.
asandor
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by asandor »

Thanks for the info. I see now that mine looks much like the picture when I view it from the same distance and height.
Hopefully someday you will update New York City XP to be like the other cities so that flying closer to the buildings look better.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Apparently this has already been done in MSFS 2020 by default. :wink:
lawahl
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Lars

Post by lawahl »

Hi, is the NY supposed to look like this or have I missed something in the installation? It's ok from distance but looks like bad when close? I am happy anyway :)Image[/img]

BR

Lars
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Sunday 02 Aug 2020, 04:47 you really need to compare particular areas with resources I have suggested above, f/e this screenshot: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/images ... Cxp_04.jpg

Please note - our NYC product was never intended for close-ups as some of our newer projects are (Chicago, Seattle, Washington, Moscow etc). http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodCHIcity_XP.htm NYC provides realistic visuals on standard VFR routes.
Generally - it was designed to be viewed from normal flight angles traveling via helicopter routes. It's one of our older products and we had no idea of some things that we learned during our next projects.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Lawahl,
Please compare what you see in the sim with our promo screenshots: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYCity_XP.htm - the product should look exactly the same. I would say that the texture resolution in your case is not set to max but it is difficult to judge this from a small picture.
lawahl
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by lawahl »

Thanks for the feedback, I changed textures to Max then it looks much better. I couldnt have that setting before, but with Vulcan and more Memory I can now !!! BR Lars
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thank you for the information!
lawahl
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by lawahl »

If I understand correctly you should be able to install NY without photo textures? I want to use ortho from Forkboy instead.
But this requires the .exe installer, but I cannot find that on xplane.org :( Only a zip that you extract into Custom Scenery?

Any workaorund?

BR Lars Wahlberg
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, with zip files you are able to install with photoground or without. Both install options provide the same functionalities.

We provide all shops with both ones, but some decides to provide users with one installing option only.
lawahl
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by lawahl »

OK, but from xplane.org I only got the zip that extracts to files that I paste into Custom Scenery.

To remove photoground, what should I do? If i delete phototerrain I get error, If I delete the content in phototerrain i get error ....

Do I need to open the scenery in WED and do something? What should I do????

BR Lars Wahlberg
lawahl
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by lawahl »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 22 Jan 2021, 19:43 Hi, with zip files you are able to install with photoground or without. Both install options provide the same functionalities.

We provide all shops with both ones, but some decides to provide users with one installing option only.
Did you mean "Hi, with the exe file you are able ..." ???