Moscow City XP

Latest version: v1.1 (2016)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Moscow City XP

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Premudryi wrote: Monday 03 Jan 2022, 06:48 I cannot figure out (yet) howw to contact admin directly, and so I am using this quote feature.
Hi. No need to quote, you can simply use the "Answer" button.
codeblue
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: codeblue

Re: Moscow City X

Post by codeblue »

Hi, I have an error message when I load a flight at UUEE airport for example about Moscow city XP.

Do you have a solution to fix it please?

I have 2 files: 1. the error message, 2. my log.txt

Thank you very much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

codeblue wrote: Sunday 12 Jun 2022, 06:27 have an error message
Hi, firstly please pay attention to the fact that you wrote in the thread dedicated to Prepar3d and your issue is referring to XP.

Regarding your issue - have you tried the fix from this post? viewtopic.php?p=23873#p23873
codeblue
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: codeblue

Post by codeblue »

Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 13 Jun 2022, 07:21
codeblue wrote: Sunday 12 Jun 2022, 06:27 have an error message

Hi, firstly please pay attention to the fact that you wrote in the thread dedicated to Prepar3d and your issue is referring to XP.

Regarding your issue - have you tried the fix from this post? viewtopic.php?p=23873#p23873

Hi I just unzip and copy House_3d.obj in the Moscow city xp folder in the village folder and it seem to work fine now. No more error message for now

Thank you for you help and sorry to have posted in the wrong forum.

Have a good day
jharris1993
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Jim

Re: Moscow City XP - buildings and trees EVERYWHERE!

Post by jharris1993 »

Greetings!

I have a copy of Moscow POI and Sheremetovo Airport that was purchased a couple of weeks ago and I am using it with simHeaven's X-Europe package because X-Europe renders the buildings and roads here in the Moscow area correctly whereas X-Plane 11's stock scenery is pure fantasy.

I have noticed two big problems.
  1. There are inappropriate objects placed, literally, EVERYWHERE. I have determined that this is caused by the presence of both Moscow/Sheremetovo and simHeaven's X-Europe scenery packages. simHeaven's package does not do it alone, neither does yours. However if both are present, things go crazy.
  2. The Moscow POI replaces buildings with other buildings that are totally wrong. Instead of buildings that look the way buildings do in the outer sections of Moscow, they are replaced with generic rectangular buildings that look more like warehouses than living spaces. This occurs whenever the Moscow package is used.
As much as I would like to have the excellently done downtown scenery and POI's, it renders the rest of the scenery totally wrong in ways that are impossible to describe.

Do you, or anyone else, have any ideas how to resolve these issues? I want to continue to use the simHeaven product as it makes things look correct - or nearly so - and I would like the updated POI and airports that your products provide.

Thanks!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sorry, but we've never said that our Moscow City scenery is compatible with simHeaven's X-Europe - otherwise it's impossible to cover two different placement of objects and buildings. Therefore we are not able to help.
jharris1993
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jharris1993 »

jharris1993 wrote: Wednesday 05 Oct 2022, 22:20 I have noticed two big problems.
  1. There are inappropriate objects placed, literally, EVERYWHERE. I have determined that this is caused by the presence of both Moscow/Sheremetovo and simHeaven's X-Europe scenery packages. simHeaven's package does not do it alone, neither does yours. However if both are present, things go crazy.
  2. The Moscow POI replaces buildings with other buildings that are totally wrong. Instead of buildings that look the way buildings do in the outer sections of Moscow, they are replaced with generic rectangular buildings that look more like warehouses than living spaces. This occurs whenever the Moscow package is used.
Update:

After additional testing, I have determined that the buildings and such are caused entirely by simHeaven's X-Europe package and I have raised this with them.

However, the issue with the Moscow POI package destroying the existing scenery and replacing it with scenery that bears no resemblance to reality (in the outskirts of Moscow), still exists and is caused specifically by the Moscow scenery package.
jharris1993
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jharris1993 »

jharris1993 wrote: Thursday 06 Oct 2022, 19:21 Update:

After additional testing, I have determined that the buildings and such are caused entirely by simHeaven's X-Europe package and I have raised this with them.

However, the issue with the Moscow POI package destroying the existing scenery and replacing it with scenery that bears no resemblance to reality (in the outskirts of Moscow), still exists and is caused specifically by the Moscow scenery package.
Note that if I remove simHeaven's scenery, the outskirts of Moscow are still rendered incorrectly and a lot of buildings (the Butovo and Sherbinka areas are the ones I fly over), are missing or are rendered wrongly. Central Moscow and the POI's there are wonderfully done, it's just the outskirts - beyond about the 3rd ring - that are affected.

Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks!
jharris1993
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jharris1993 »

I have figured out a way to get the best of both worlds:

Summary:
Place the Moscow XP scenery above simHeaven and Moscow XP layer 2 below it.

My scenery file looks like this:

Code: Select all

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK /
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD UUEE Moscow Sheremetyevo XP V2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD Z Moscow City XP/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-Europe-0-exclusions/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-Europe-1-vfr/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-Europe-2-regions/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-Europe-3-details/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-Europe-4-extras/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-Europe-5-footprints/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-Europe-6-scenery/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-Europe-7-forests/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-Europe-8-network/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD Z Moscow City XP Layer 2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_Vegetation_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ZZZ DD Z Moscow City XP Terrain/
The result of this is that the Moscow POI's are placed properly, including Ostankino tower, the skyscrapers, the Cathedral of the Resurrection, etc. - but the rest of Moscow and the outlying areas are also rendered correctly.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for sharing. Our product should look like in the promo video/screenshots, however bear in mind that it was created some time ago and we were mainly focused on the main landmarks. Nevertheless, I'm happy to hear that your combination brings the area of Moscow to your needs and expectations. Happy flying!
Jbellema
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: JONAS

Post by Jbellema »

Hello,

I have a problem with the Custom Scenery Package.

"There was a problem loading the scenery package:
Custom Scenery/DD UUEE Moscow Sheremetyevo XP V2/
The scenery may not look correct.
Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
(io_dsf.cpp:838)"

attached are my logfiles.

Thank you very much
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Jbellema wrote: Thursday 12 Jan 2023, 10:24 a problem with the Custom Scenery Package
Please try the fix from this post: viewtopic.php?p=23873#p23873
Jbellema
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Jbellema »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 12 Jan 2023, 11:16
Jbellema wrote: Thursday 12 Jan 2023, 10:24 a problem with the Custom Scenery Package
Please try the fix from this post: viewtopic.php?p=23873#p23873

I have already tried it, but it still does not work
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

But do you see the scenery? Anything is wrong?

Have you rebuilt scenery_packs.ini after the installation?
If it doesn't help, please share the scenery_packs.ini here (compressed to Zip).

My understanding is that as a Mac user, you did the installation manually - have you done it in accordance to the manual?
Jbellema
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Jbellema »

Yes, I did it as reffered in the manual. Attached is my scenery packs ini.
scenery_packs copy.ini.zip

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 13 Jan 2023, 18:32 But do you see the scenery? Anything is wrong?

Have you rebuilt scenery_packs.ini after the installation?
If it doesn't help, please share the scenery_packs.ini here (compressed to Zip).

My understanding is that as a Mac user, you did the installation manually - have you done it in accordance to the manual?