Washington XP

Latest version: v1.3 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Washington XP

Post by Martin_Starski »

Please note that KDCA scenery does not have moving jetways functionality - such feature has not been advertised anywhere in case of this scenery / package.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This project was never about KDCA - it was about the city landmarks. KDCA was added in the process. It is detailed enough to perform realistic operations but without extra details such as animated jetways.

In case you are interested in a high-quality model of KDCA, you may consider purchasing our KDCA product for MSFS http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodKDCA_MSFS.htm .
Gorum79
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: George

Post by Gorum79 »

Hello and many thanks for this Great product!
I've purchased Washington XP recently and I was impressed by its detailization.
But I've faced the problem listed here but I'm not sure resolved yet. Mesh of this scenery it seems has a conflict with a global(or other?) mesh - please check the pictures. Rough hills are stucked with flat areas and the roads have large tilts.
I use US Ortophotos (by Forkboy2) and HD mesh of this territory (by Alpilotx). My log and scenery_pack.ini are attached. It seemd I've listed everything right in *.ini file.
I also tried to delete both OrthoPhotos and HD Mesh saving Wishington XP - nothing it seems is useful. Please help me!
Thanks,

BR
George
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I will be able to check your files tomorrow morning, but in the meantime can you confirm that deactivation of other addons, mesh and orthophoto doesn't make any difference? For example if you keep the entries of our scenery in the scenery_packs.ini, is it still the same?
Gorum79
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Gorum79 »

Martin, here is the picture where I've deleted HD mesh and USorthophotos (MidAtlantic), still rough(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, I checked your files and you have really big number of addons, so it's really hard to understand which one interferes with our scenery.

Have you did this exercise to see if there is any difference?
Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 13 Jan 2022, 22:12 For example if you keep the entries of our scenery in the scenery_packs.ini only, is it still the same?
Firstly you have our folder entries / layers in scenery_packs.ini in very different location and in the wrong order - please make sure that layer 1 is above layer 2:
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD Washington XP Layer1/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD Washington XP Layer2/
Secondly - you might try to disable SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC/ and check if it makes any difference.

Next thing - please remember that some other addons like Ortho4XP also includes own mesh, which interferes with our scenery. In such the case you can maybe move our mesh entry higher but even in such order they might be in conflict due to the specific mesh management by XP:
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ZZZ DD Washington XP Terrain/
Once again I would like to emphasize that I'm not able to indicate exactly which position is in conflict with our mesh - you need to test it by trial and error.
Gorum79
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Gorum79 »

Martin,
Thanks for your suggestions.

>>For example if you keep the entries of our scenery in the scenery_packs.ini only, is it still the same?
I'm not sure what you suggest me here, what should I do?

1. I've arranged scenery_pack.ini with
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD Washington XP Layer1/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD Washington XP Layer2/

"Hills" are lower not but I'm still not sure that it's normal.

2. SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC/ - please check picture 3 and 4.
Hills appear but again I'm not sure it's normal or not,

3. >>Once again I would like to emphasize that I'm not able to indicate exactly which position is in conflict with our mesh - you need to test it by trial and error.
It's not a problem for me to delete ALL sceneries from Custom Scenery folder and try, but I\ve had to ask maybee you've got an idea what I can start from?

BR
George
7rip7e_7
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Erick

Post by 7rip7e_7 »

Traffic Global Issues, Aircraft seem to vanish after landing on RWY 1/19. The Schedule has a line crossed out, can this be fixed?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Gorum79 wrote: Friday 14 Jan 2022, 11:10 you've got an idea what I can start from?
Just to be sure - can you check this fix? Is there any difference?

viewtopic.php?p=20645#p20645
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

7rip7e_7 wrote: Saturday 15 Jan 2022, 09:11 vanish after landing
Have you maybe tried to consult this with Traffic Global developer? We've never tested this addon.
Gorum79
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Gorum79 »

Yes Martin, I just tried it now(without HD mesh and Ortho) and did it previously(with all installed) ... still rough hills(
I'll try to remove all sceneries to check which one has a conflict,
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks - let us know about the results.

This is only my presumption but It might be that because we have large flattens on our scenery, some XP changes could create your issues like ugly hills. Unfortunately the exisiting tools for mesh editing in XP are still far away of being perfect - to be very honest the whole process is very time consuming and at the moment we are very busy with some other projects. But obviously we can take a look into this issue as soon as we start working on the updated version.
Gorum79
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Gorum79 »

Hello Martin,
I think I've removed/disabled all sceneries that could have mesh/orthos in "closer" regions
But now I see the same pictures. I don't know what could also have a mesh interfering with Washington DC mesh((((

BR
George
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Marcin, mógłbyś to sprawdzić u siebie na defaultowym simie?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Yes, let me check this in my sim again.