Seattle City XP

Latest version: v1.1 (2018)

pleader
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Pleader

Re: Seattle City XP

Post by pleader »

Regarding missing airport scenery, this message system does not seem to allow insertion of the file here or as an attachment. Can you explain how I can send it for your review? Unfamiliar with this message format. Regarding installation procedure, I used the Orbx Central installation software. There was no other option; it's pretty automatic and without choice. I do not recall an option within the software download regarding detail of ground textures during the install procedure, using the Orbx downloader. It simply asked where is the download to be placed on the computer and then proceeds with installation.

When attempting to attach the Log.txt file I get this message: "Invalid file extension: Log.txt". Will need instruction how to attach it. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

pleader wrote: Saturday 22 May 2021, 16:37 attach the Log.txt
As I mentioned - you can attach log.txt and scenery_packs.ini as ZIP here.ZIP file will be approved by the forum to be attached.
pleader wrote: Saturday 22 May 2021, 16:37 installation procedure
In ORBX Central there is no option to activate or deactivate photoground in case of our scenery? Not as installation option but like a config option.

What about re-ordering entries in the scenery_packs.ini?
Rszpila
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Bob

Post by Rszpila »

Bob
May 28, 2021, 12:28 AM GMT+10

I had bought Seattle Airports prior to Drzewiecki Seattle Airports being sold here on the Orbx site. Now that it is are the Seattle Airports compatible with TE Washington? It caused the floating and sunken buildings so I have had the package disabled for Seattle Airports because of this issue since purchase. It creates floating buildings etc..

Please help and advise.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Rszpila wrote: Thursday 27 May 2021, 16:43 are the Seattle Airports compatible with TE Washington
I'm afraid so far we didn't work on compatibility with TE Washington and I'm not fully sure when we could find a time to do this. It probably would be necessary to adjusted somehow our mesh to blend with TE Washington, but there is no easy tool to do this.
Miguel_Siso
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Miguel_Siso

Post by Miguel_Siso »

Hello:

I have gotten through orbx, Seattle City. I also have US Washington HD, but they are not compatible. What interests me most about Seattle City are the two seaplane bases (W55 and S60). Do you have any idea of selling them separately to be able to install them in TrueEarth US Washington HD?

Best regards
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Miguel_Siso wrote: Sunday 30 Jan 2022, 13:59 have any idea of selling them separately
We have no such plans I'm afraid.
Miguel_Siso
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Miguel_Siso

Post by Miguel_Siso »

Thank you very much.
EverettAviation
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Calvin

Post by EverettAviation »

Quick question, will most if not all DD scenery be able to be smoothly imported from XP11 to XP12? I'm considering getting Seattle City but I'm not sure if I'll have to buy it again, same with Seattle Airports which I already have.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid it’s too early to say with confidence what will be required. But according to Laminar Research, it might be expected that the majority of well behaved add-ons will continue to work the way they did in v11, which includes everything from third party scenery and aircraft to general plugins.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

As far as we know, it will not be a smooth process - at least during our tests, the products did not work correctly. But this was still a beta of the sim so some things might have changed (or perhaps will change).

In case a significant amount of work is required, there will not be a free update to the XP12 format, however, unless the sim is released, we can't tell anything really.
EverettAviation
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Calvin

Post by EverettAviation »

Thanks for the honesty, sounds like I'll hold off on buying more scenery until XP12 is out, at least for now.
7rip7e_7
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Erick

Post by 7rip7e_7 »

Is there a way to correct the floating buildings at KSEA?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

There shouldn't be any floating buildings. Do you have any other addons for this area?