Seattle City XP

Latest version: v1.1 (2018)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle City XP

Post by Martin_Starski »

The scenery should exactly look like in our promo screenshots.
Do you have other mesh addon or orthophoto?
Please provide the zip file here including your log.txt and scenery_packs.ini - then we will be able to say more.
checkyourmirrors
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Matthew

Post by checkyourmirrors »

Hard to say on the scenery promo as the images are higher than I generally fly (Helicopter) but mine as demonstrated in the screenshot mine are not that detailed and I'm running a very good graphics card (RTX 2080 Super) displaying on a single 4K screen.
checkyourmirrors
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Adding the Graphics settings to the Zip file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks - let me check them and then I will get back to you.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Issue confirmed - it was probably caused by the XP updates.

Currently we have very limited tools to modify mesh in case of this addon. I'm afraid we can only make the big square flatten...
checkyourmirrors
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Just to confirm no way to correct, it’s due to Xplane update?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Yes - previously our mesh was properly generated and visible. According to my colleagues at the moment we are only able to make a quick fix and thus make the area more flatten as we do not have a tool which can correct mesh in this particular addon.
checkyourmirrors
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Ok, I was hoping their plug-in or something was optional
checkyourmirrors
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Just checking back in with Martin to see if there was a fix applied for this and if so how do the updates for your scenery get distributed? I actually ended up upgrading my computer so I've got enough VRAM to run this with decent FPS full-time now.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We weren't sure if you are interested in such flatten option. Do you?
737johnreimertz
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Knut

Post by 737johnreimertz »

Dear friends in the US,

I fly a helicopter using X-plane 11 mainly in Seattle. ( airports and town.)
1.2018-Have purchased Seattle from your company using Prepar3d ver 4.5 ( Seatac and Town)
2. 2020- ---- “””------ X-plane 11 ( ---“””---)

It looks as the reality of Seattle is much better in Prepar3d than in the X- plane simulator software.
Wonder – is it possible to see/ verify if I managed to install your software for Seattle on my X-plane sim program.
I am not able to see if Seattle has been installed anywhere in the X-plane software.
Your answer is much appreciated.
Best regards
John Reimertz
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, should I understand that you do not see the city? Maybe you can post few screenshots here? (via https://imgbb.com for example).
Have you installed via exe file or manually using package in zip? Have you done it in accordance to the manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b31ng9zbp51m4 ... h.pdf?dl=0
Of course we will try to help. Please attach scenery_packs.ini and log.txt files here (as zip).
pleader
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Pleader

Post by pleader »

Missing airport scenery: On May 13, scenery on several airports disappeared after I installed "Landmarks Seattle City" from your distributor Orbx, using its installer. Airports with scenery missing include KPAE (Paine Field), KBFI (Boeing Field), and KRNT (Kent). The installation was redone 3 times without improvement. I want to recover my original airport scenery. Attached are screenshots of those example airports with missing scenery, a list of scenery files from my x-plane custom scenery folder, and a copy of the ini file. Orbx was contacted about the problem and declined to help, referring me back to you, Drzewiecki Design Support. Thank you for your anticipated assistance resolving this problem.

I attempted to Add the screenshots of the missing scenery. Currently, the Reply is not allowing those files to be added.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi,

Of course you should be able to remove our scenery entry from the scenery_packs.ini and then it should restore your previous state, but let's firstly try to find a cause of problem.

As far as I understand, you see the city of Seattle, but the airports disappeared. Do you mean default airports? Can you post the screenshot to show such area in your sim? (for example you can do this via this tool: https://imgbb.com/

Secondly, please let us know which installing options have you choosed during the installation process: ground photoreal ON or ground photoreal OFF?

Have you rebuilt the scenery_packs.ini file after the installation? Have you tried to move it down below global airports and KSEA demo?

If nothing helps, please also provide your log.txt file (can be attached here as zip file).
pleader
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Pleader

Post by pleader »

Several airport sceneries, in my standard sceneries, disappeared that are within the boundary of the Landmark Seattle scenery area, including KBFI, KPAE, etc. Screenshots attached. I will also attach a jpg of the ini file (two pages) and x-plane log file. (The attachment function apparently does not permit a "log.txt" file, so I'll look for a different format and send the log file as soon as possible. Thank you for earlier suggestion to re-order the ini file, which I'll try.