Seattle Airports XP

Latest version: v1.2 (2020)

600N818
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Andre

Re: Seattle Airports XP

Post by 600N818 »

Hello, yes i installed with static airplanes over your setup and the parked aircraft in the x-plane settings are off.

Sorry for the late answer.
600N818
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Andre

Post by 600N818 »

Thank you guys. The Version 1.2 are looks great.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

600N818 wrote: Sunday 17 May 2020, 21:23 Version 1.2 are looks great
Thanks, that's very nice to hear :)
jcatlga
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by jcatlga »

What has changed for the product in version 1.2? Is it compatible with Orbx True Earth Washington?

:?:
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

In case of Seattle Airports XP the airport layout has been fixed + provided compatibility with the 11.50b6 version of the sim.
mushally
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Allan

Post by mushally »

Thank you to all at Drzewiecki Design, Seattle KSEA looks great with 1.2 :D

Allan Thomson
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

You're welcome - happy flying!
Sirids
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Simon

Post by Sirids »

Hi there
I am new to this forum and I have an issue with the Seattle Airports since I bought it at the end of last year.
I also have Washington TE from Orbx installed and think there is an issue with the terrain, I updated to version 1.2 yesterday and this hasn't fixed it as I was hoping for.
Near KBFI the terrain doesn't look correct and looks like a weird deformed landscape, I have tried with and without runways follow contours and all the same on whatever setting. I am running XP11.41
https://imgur.com/zLt1atY
Any help is appreciated
many thanks
Simon
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, we have never advertised our scenery as compatible with ORBX package. Furthermore our scenery was released first, so it could be expected that ORBX will provide the compatibility with our product.

You may try to disable / delete our terrain folder and see if it looks better.
Sirids
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Simon

Post by Sirids »

Hi there
Many thanks for your reply.
I know it wasn’t advertised as compatible, but with the history of the forum posts back to last year where people were asking for fixes, I wondered if that was rolled out in the recent update, as on the X plane store it doesn’t say what was fixed, just version 1.2.
Is there a fix you guys can do your end or is this down to Orbx to do some compatibility fix?
I already tried removing the terrain folder and that doesn’t work.
It would be a shame as this is a seriously good airport scenery and would look amazing in all its glory with the surrounding scenery.
Many thanks for replying
jcatlga
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by jcatlga »

What does it mean the Airport layout has been fixed? Can you provide a screenshot (before/after) please?
I spent about 4 days tweaking the airport to make compatible with Orbx Washington, adjusting elevations of everything.
I only want to know what the difference is with the new layout.
Thanks.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The fix was related to static aircraft colliding with AI traffic. Now there are 2 different layouts and they are installed depending on whether static aircraft options is ON or OFF.
MediumRareBaku
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: MediumRareBaku

Post by MediumRareBaku »

"Furthermore our scenery was released first, so it could be expected that ORBX will provide the compatibility with our product."

That may be true, but I haven't bought Seattle Airports XP because I know they won't work with TE Washington -- I'm just in this thread right now to see if your latest update addressed it, because if it did I was going to buy your product, and it looks like it didn't so I'm not -- but I did buy TE Washington, because if I have to pick between the two products, I'm going to pick the one that covers an entire state, not the one that only covers a few airports.

I would think that if you adjusted your meshes to blend with TE Washington and announced this you would see quite an uptick in sales.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The problem is that there are virtually no mesh-editing tools for X-Plane. There is one that is currently under developing and it allowed us to produce an exact vertical profile for the runway at EPKK, we will also use it in the upcoming Polish Airports vol.1 V5 XP product. If this works fine we will be able to consider implementing it to other products as well.

As far as I am aware of the ORBX product is not an airport-related product so it does different things than ours. I agree that the ideal situation would be to make them work together flawlessly.
MediumRareBaku
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: MediumRareBaku

Post by MediumRareBaku »

I guess what confuses me then is that there are plenty of third party airport sceneries which blend seamlessly with Orbx terrain. In the same region, off the top of my head, you've got Flightbeam KPDX and VerticalSim KGEG. I've got True Earth Great Britain as well and there are numerous airports which blend in just fine with that. So, it seems very possible to have airport scenery blend in with Orbx with currently available tools?