Seattle Airports XP

Latest version: v1.2 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle Airports XP

Post by Martin_Starski »

Yes, this is the airports package - for city we have a separate product, which is called Seattle City XP.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

pleader
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Pleader

Re: Seattle Airports XP missing taxi signs; no traffic

Post by pleader »

New user of Seattle Airports and Seattle landmarks in X-Plane. Many taxi signs at KPAE are missing or non-existent. Also, World Traffic 3 has no activity. To sort out my scenery folder after experiencing scenery problems with Seattle landmarks, I have begun using xorganizer. With limited scenery knowledge I probably caused the taxi signs to disappear and also may have caused WT3 to stop working. If you can suggest how or where I ought to try fixing the scenery file, that assistance will be appreciated.

Attached please find the scenery ini file, X-Plane log.txt, pictures of the xorganizer file as organized, and a sample screen shot of the missing taxi signs at KPAE (Snohomish County-Paine Field, Washington, USA). I have not surveyed other airports to see if this is unique to KPAE but suspect it is common due to an error on my part.

Thank you in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I temporary have a very limited access to my PC, so I will take a look to your files on Sunday. Thanks in advance for your patience.
pleader
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by pleader »

Trying to sort this little problem, I now made the entire airport disappear and no arrangement of the ini file will bring it back.

Signed: hopeless
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

What do you mean by "disappear"? There is nothing or default one? What is your XP setting of world number of objects? It has to be medium or even high.

This third-party addon to organize addons means nothing to me but I will take a look to your files. In the meantime I suggest allowing XP to rebuild your scenery_packs.ini file (make a backup of existing file).
pleader
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by pleader »

I brought the airport back in view, meaning there are showing again the pavement, buildings, static aircraft, and signs. I still have the original problem I had reported, some missing taxiway markings, or written directions, on existing sign fixtures. You can see a sample of those in the screen shot provided with my first report on this problem.
pleader
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by pleader »

My World objects setting is maximum.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

pleader wrote: Saturday 17 Jul 2021, 13:47 see a sample of those in the screen shot provided with my first report
Finally I was able to check your file attached to the post dated on 15.07, but after downloading your zip file it turned out that it's empty. Can you attach the respective files again, please?

How did you bring the airport back? Can you let me know what you did?

I need to see how the scenery looks in your sim to understand what is the problem.
pleader
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by pleader »

I do not know how to convert files to permit attaching to my reply, particularly the x-plane log.txt and the custom scenery ini file. How is that done for this site?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

You can attach them compressed to zip file here.
pleader
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by pleader »

How do I compress files? Can you suggest a procedure or program? I have tried using 7-zip, but not successful.
pleader
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by pleader »

Perhaps this will work. I emailed the files to myself and let my email program create the zip file. If that worked, you should find the x-plane log.txt, scenery.ini, and pictures of missing taxiway letters on the taxiway fixtures. Also, I added an unrelated picture of the old Jet Deck restaurant on Paine Field that was torn down, probably for additional automobile parking. I can send a photo of the current condition of that area if useful for your scenery.

OK. tried to attach the zip file. It was rejected by this website as being too large. This is challenging my frustration meter.
pleader
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by pleader »

Missing taxi sign info at KPAE: Here's another attempt to get the files into a zip that will transmit. I removed two jpg files referenced in prior email. Should have enclosed the log.txt, scenery.ini and one jpg.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

pleader wrote: Thursday 22 Jul 2021, 01:08 another attempt
Now it's perfectly-provided :) Let me check what is going on there - I will get back to you soon.