Seattle Airports XP

Latest version: v1.2 (2020)

Woogey
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Re: Seattle Airports XP

Post by Woogey »

Alanrco,

You will need to get rid of your V4 mesh for Washington state. Will not be compatible with either the DRZ Seattle or other Developers sceneries. -Preston
Trustdesa
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Trustdesa

Post by Trustdesa »

Hi Guys, just registered as I am keen to know when you are planning to fix the compatibility with TE?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

From my personal perspective there is still the open question which addon should be adjusted - smaller to larger or vice versa. As far as I know nothing has been decided yet - we are fully focused on Chicago project.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
Trustdesa
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Trustdesa

Post by Trustdesa »

Well yes of course if one wants to polemize but realistically it is easier to fix the "smaller" issues you have then 3 tiles of mesh, specially for when the model are under the terrain as all it takes is exporting them again with a more suitable height, without teaching anyone the job of course.

Well hopefully you'll fix it once the product is finished for the time being will uninstall it unfortunately, even basic exclusion were not even added I have noticed, shame who doesn't own it probably won't purchase it either.

Thank you for your reply nevertheless.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Well, please remember that our scenery came out earlier than ORBX released its scenery. However, from what you were able to see over the past years, Drzewiecki Design is one of the more active developers who release updates to the sceneries. We try to do it within our capabilities, also within human resources that are simply limited. And certainly we will not stop it, while the question of time remains open.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Exactly, currently there is no workforce available, we need to prioritize our work and release new stuff before doing working on those compatibility fixes. But they will come eventually.
stavka
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: stavka

Post by stavka »

Thank You, your scenery looks amazing and I look forward to that update to put it full compatible with TE Washington.
:)
stavka
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by stavka »

I was doing some tests using DD ZZ folder position on scenery .ini.
If is too low or disabled you have the the TE scenery just file but airports loose many details and the annoying multiple buildings on air close to the terminal.
If its over the ABC folders of TE, it have all airports perfectly represented and no float building, but you loose the ground textures and autogen and custom buildings of TE.
If you insert the DD ZZ between TE B and C folder, then you have the better (but not perfect) compromise. You have all airports perfect, no floats, the TE custom buildings, but no TE autogen.

So my opinion, maybe i’m wrong, a good solution is that DD ZZ folder be inserted between B and C but only having mesh grid and nothing more than that (without any autogen info).
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks a lot for sharing such info with all of us.
joaqweri
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Joaquin

Post by joaqweri »

I don't have ortho or any other terrain mesh packs, and on my first time loading this in I noticed several glitches in the terrain around the airports. For example, next to BFI where there should be a hill with I-5 running along it (I live in seattle) there's a big gap in the middle of the hill where the terrain drops and flattens. Any solutions?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

joaqweri wrote: Monday 02 Dec 2019, 03:15 my first time loading this
You mean the scenery, right? We are talking about the airports package?
joaqweri wrote: Monday 02 Dec 2019, 03:15 there should be a hill with I-5 running along it
It can be caused by the fact that the terrain around the airports is being the part of Seattle City XP. On the other hand - without any screenshots it's hard to say anything more, because we simply do not see it.
martinlest
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by martinlest »

I was keen to buy this today, but then noticed that the scenery is not compatible with Ortho4XP? The scenery around Seattle without Ortho4XP is pretty awful (once you have seen what a difference Ortho4XP makes!) so this is a real deal-breaker for many. One or two people have asked if you are able to make a patch so that the Seattle Airports scenery compatible with O4XP.. so many people have O4XP terrain these days that would it not make sense?

In any case, I unfortunately will not be buying the scenery (it looks so good!!) if it is going to kill the Ortho scenery. (I read that adding a flatten to the apt.dat file helps, but that there is then of course no elevation data read - the approach to KSEA is completely flat and Boeing field and Renton also have elevation anomalies on nearby hills).

Thanks!
stavka
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by stavka »

even worst is that its not yet compatible with the orbx trueearth scenery to have a perfect Seattle airport. with only airport its gorgeous airport but meeeehhh scenery around, with only orbx its gorgeous around but mehhhh airport. With both (Seattle and orbx) its gorgeous around but very buggy airport with many buildings underground.
I hope that soon we will have a some kind of patch that put compatible both sceneries.
Thanks!
martinlest
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by martinlest »

This is the only really decent KSEA (plus all the extras!) for XP11. I think (for what it's worth!) DD would do well to add the patches people are asking about... but we'll see.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 22 Oct 2019, 16:12 (...) currently there is no workforce available, we need to prioritize our work and release new stuff before doing working on those compatibility fixes. But they will come eventually.