Chicago Airports XP

Latest version: v1.0 (2019)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Airports XP

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sorry but there is many info about this topic that can be found in internet. For getting the most updated nav data you may check these products:
https://navigraph.com/home
https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simu ... avdatapro/
Probably you are able to find the free ones too.
ual2132
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: ual2132

Post by ual2132 »

so all my nav data has been updated for 3 weeks so i dont see where the problem is.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Honestly speaking we do not see either. We have no clue how our scenery may have impact to your nav data. Which plane are we talking about?
ual2132
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by ual2132 »

xcraft erj 145 but the funny thing is they are also claiming its not them and the nav data for that plane is up to date.So im not sure who to look to when i use your chicago scenery then imput a flight plan so i was trying to do Toledo to chicago, i selected the flight plan and a popup came up saying Procedues could not be loaded, missing waypoint RWY09C at KORD Missing runway should be reported to xplane gateway. click to file automated report. so i did and had to use default chicago scenery instead of the great Drzewiecki design.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm truly sorry, but we do not see any way to help you - we have no idea what can be provided by us with this scenery to allow you making an input of a flight plan. Maybe something is wrong with default nav data of XP!? Besides so far no-one reported the similar issue, so it really has to be something out of our control.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

ual2132, if you remove our product, does it work correctly?
ual2132
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by ual2132 »

yes i have done that several times and with the same plane also and no issues with default.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Marcin, przekaż proszę do Matveya, może będzie miał jakiś pomysł na ten temat.
thisurlnotfound
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: thisurlnotfound

Post by thisurlnotfound »

I am having exact same issue as UAL above.

"Procedures could not be loaded:
Missing waypoint RW09C at KORD"

If I remove ChicagoXP, the error goes away. Reinstall the scenery and error comes back. I have redownloaded both the scenery and the latest Navigraph AIRAC without a fix. This is absolutely an issue with the scenery and not an issue with the Nav Data as it works when the scenery isn't loaded.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Roger - let us check what can we do. By the way - which plane in your case?
[Knight]
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by [Knight] »

What's the status of this night light fix. Hard to believe another dev fixed this problem on one of their scenery in a heartbeat, but for some reason this is over a year old and still has not been fixed. If 12 FPS is the new norm pls tell us so we can avoid buying unoptimized add-ons. Thanks.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

thisurlnotfound wrote: Saturday 27 Mar 2021, 01:24 I am having exact same issue
Ok, can you please check the attached fix?

It should goes to: ...\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\DD Chicago Airports XP\Earth nav data\

This is APT.dat without 09c/27c - please always do a backup of your old file.

Let us know if it makes a difference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

[Knight] wrote: Sunday 04 Apr 2021, 05:52 the status of this night light fix
There is still nothing new.
[Knight] wrote: Sunday 04 Apr 2021, 05:52 If 12 FPS is the new norm pls tell us so we can avoid buying unoptimized add-ons
Please do not share such misinformation. This issue was checked even by Laminar, it has not been reported by all users and you can read many available reviews, which are not saying about bad performance.
[Knight]
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by [Knight] »

Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 05 Apr 2021, 11:25 Please do not share such misinformation.
There is no misinformation here.
Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 05 Apr 2021, 11:25 This issue was checked even by Laminar
That's Funny because last checked Laminar Research are not the developers of this scenery.
Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 05 Apr 2021, 11:25 it has not been reported by all users and you can read many available reviews, which are not saying about bad performance
In fact it is reported quite a few times, but most of the users in this thread has a problem with said performance issue at night, with screen shots to show there is a problem and even some have mentioned a way to fix it by adjusting the spill size of the lights.

So using a cop out that laminar didn't find anything as you answer means that your being lazy but completely denying and lying about that there is no problem is just sad, I hope your not part of this DEV team because it makes you look foolish.

All we want is a fix for the night lighting, hell remove the lights all I care at least its progress in the right direction.
PS: Don't ever call your consumers a liar.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

XP works very differently from f/e MSFS, where we did a test of implementing 10.000 dynamic light points resulting in an FPS drop by ~10% (in XP that would probably be 90%). We are planning to look into the KORD night lighting potential optimization however currently the new sim is our top priority. The plan is to make an "XP products update pass" after releasing of UUEE Moscow Sheremetyevo MSFS (in about a month from now).