Latest version: v1.0 (2019)

gbgray2
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Gerald

Re: Chicago Airports XP

Post by gbgray2 »

Hi Martin

I purchase Chicago XP on Xplane Org Store and it only included exe for Window Users
I downloaded your zip file...thanks but do you also have an apt file with no static
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

It seems that we need to solve this problem indeed. However I'm not able to provide you with any timeline - it's noted and we will try to fix it as soon as possible.
Midds
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Midds

Post by Midds »

Hey, I've found a possible fix for this issue - The night lighting problem is caused by there being too much spread on the lighting, which with anti aliasing on causes bad FPS. X-Codr's Denver provided a fix to this which reduced the spread lighting. Turning down anti aliasing does help with the problem but not as much as needed. A patch would be nice
Torbin
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Ned_Torbin

Post by Torbin »

Yes, the light spill/spread has a significant impact on frame rate. If the developers reduces the distance the light covers the apron, it will make a big improvement. Xcodr did this, and gpb500 has always been careful with his airports too in order to keep night performance high!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for this hint - I will provide to my colleagues responsible for the project and we will see. For sure it's noted and will not be forgotten during the next update.
KDTWFlyer
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: KDTW_Flyer

Post by KDTWFlyer »

Hey,
Last year after the release I reached out to you guys about the fact that there are no blue taxiway edge lights at PWK airport (Chicago Executive) and I received a reply from someone saying that they would add in those lights. As of today nearly a year later it still hasn't been updated to the best of my knowledge.

Also is it possible for the installer to add back the ramp starts to the terminal when a user selects no static planes in the installer. I have that option unchecked but it doesn't give me the ramp starts in X-Plane that would have been used for the static planes at MDW and ORD so I only have a small number of gates to fill plus most gates aren't filled by my AI traffic program.

Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

KDTWFlyer wrote: Sunday 08 Nov 2020, 22:38 when a user selects no static planes in the installer.
It's on to-do list indeed - will be fixed as soon as the new version is released.
KDTWFlyer wrote: Sunday 08 Nov 2020, 22:38 there are no blue taxiway edge lights at PWK airport
It seems that we promised to provide fix in a few days, but ... it was forgotten somehow, sorry for this. It's already noted and we will include this fix in the next version as well.
KDTWFlyer
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: KDTW_Flyer

Post by KDTWFlyer »

Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 09 Nov 2020, 07:03
It's already noted and we will include this fix in the next version as well.
Thanks Martin_Starski!
Torbin
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Ned_Torbin

Post by Torbin »

Hello @martin_starski & DD folks,

Back on Monday 20 Jan 2020, 04:46 you mentioned the airports in the Chicago package will be updated to have the shift-5 tower view for X-Plane. I just wanted to be sure I haven't missed an update. I see they were added to the Seattle airports.

Thanks!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It has not been updated yet indeed, but it's not forgotten and we will add this feature as soon as we find little more time to make the updates of our products. As you surely know, it's tough time because our human resources are limited but we need to work on MSFS sceneries too. But for sure we do not forget about our existing sceneries.
kelvinzzz
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: kelvin

Post by kelvinzzz »

Hello,
I have low fps and low performance in Chicago Airports XP. Please confirm are there any to fix it or any update version in 2021. Thank you so much. Hope supporters see my post or Drzewiecki
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

kelvinzzz wrote: Thursday 07 Jan 2021, 05:18 low fps and low performance in Chicago Airports XP
By different people low performance can be read in a different way. This is very general info without any details - which location, conditions, settings, PC specs, etc. On the other hand I'm afraid there is no "magic trick" - the truth is that this is rather demanding area and the only way is to make settings a little bit lower. Some users faced some problems with performance hit during the night hours, but we have even consulted this with Laminar Research and they didn't monitor any abnormal conditions. However we remember about such reports and in the next update maybe we'll be able to improve something.
kelvinzzz
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: kelvin

Post by kelvinzzz »

Dear Martin,
You are right, during the night hours I get very low FPS. I hope there is a new update version for XP11 for year 2021. Thanks for your replying. Appreciated!
subnorminalnt
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: subnorminalnt

Post by subnorminalnt »

I am not sure if this is a Traffic Global or DD issue, but I am wondering how I can change the airline and aircraft assignments at each gate? It's very annoying to see things like united 777s parked at AA gates and AA E-170s parked where the United heavies should be.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I can presume that an airport flow is being generated based on apt.dat file and you can try to modify it via WED to help AI use the correct airport gates.