Latest version: v1.0 (2019)

cdawg9999
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Chris

Re: Chicago Airports XP

Post by cdawg9999 »

"not our priority"

So those of us that paid full price for this aren't your priority after all this time? That is absolutely appalling. All you did was take our money and ran. I run a 6900XT and a 5800X and the fps drops at night because of the HD lighting in the terminal are still considerably bad. Your Xplane products are never updated unless it's for money (I.E. Moscow). Most other devs will update their products and fix bugs with free updates. Will not be buying any future products of yours until you actually do something about this.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Quoting someone by reversing the meaning of statement is not fair... It was said that:
DD Stanislaw wrote: Sunday 11 Apr 2021, 07:51 currently the new sim is our top priority.
We are still taking care of XP users - at the end of March we released RJAA TOKYO NARITA XP.
Furthermore we explained what is behind the current situation and how do we want to deal with the issue. But as far as I see - your point is to blame us only.
cdawg9999
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Chris

Post by cdawg9999 »

of course i'm blaming you the developer! Drzeweicki Designs made the airport! As stated before, some of us paid money for this airport and it will be coming 2 years since the release of this product and still hasn't been updated and fixed after the numerous complaints by us (the customer) involving the night lighting. Those of us that have complained about this feel like a broken record. Releasing a new airport is not same as updating an existing airport that has a major problem. Lots of us are tired of this. We pay you money and you ignore your customer complaints by doing nothing about it only to tell us your priorities are else where. Just taking our money and running by selling us an unoptimized airport that's practically unusable at night. Fix your product that we PAID for!!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
I understand your issue however I told you what the plan is and there is no point in further continuing this discussion.
captsymonette86
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Martin

Post by captsymonette86 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 05 Apr 2021, 11:15
thisurlnotfound wrote: Saturday 27 Mar 2021, 01:24 I am having exact same issue
Ok, can you please check the attached fix?

It should goes to: ...\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\DD Chicago Airports XP\Earth nav data\

This is APT.dat without 09c/27c - please always do a backup of your old file.

Let us know if it makes a difference.
The problem is due to that runway being opened thus the scenery needs to be updated to reflect as such.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

This is noted and will be considered for the next update.
jpravain
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jason

Post by jpravain »

Yes, this is my first post on this forum. I to have the low performance/framerate issue for KORD. I have been waiting patiently for a fix for 2 years. Your response to fixing the problem is utterly appalling and frankly EVERYONE that bought this product should be refunded ASAP. I only wish I could challenge my credit card company for the refund. Maybe then, you will make it a priority to fix a product you do not stand behind. I will NEVER purchase another Drzewiecki product.
jpravain
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jason

Post by jpravain »

I forgot to mention which was probably mentioned before. No taxiway lights at KPWK? Really? Thankfully I know how to use WED.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Our official statement has been provided recently - we have nothing more to add at the moment.
DD Stanislaw wrote: Sunday 11 Apr 2021, 07:51 XP works very differently from f/e MSFS, where we did a test of implementing 10.000 dynamic light points resulting in an FPS drop by ~10% (in XP that would probably be 90%). We are planning to look into the KORD night lighting potential optimization however currently the new sim is our top priority. The plan is to make an "XP products update pass" after releasing of UUEE Moscow Sheremetyevo MSFS (in about a month from now).
codeblue
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: codeblue

Re: Chicago Airports XP frame rate

Post by codeblue »

Hi Sir, with maximal graphic settings my frame rate for KORD is very very slow even during the day. However I have a powerful computer (see attachment). Is the only fix for this is to reduce my graphic settings? Any update soon for this product?

Thank you.

Dave Perkins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi. It's hard to say something smart as I don't know what do you mean by "very slow". We're talking about the rather demanding location, so max graphic settings might demand very powerful GPU. On the other hand you may check many official reviews, even from Simmarket, which say that there is no big hit on frames and we provided good combination of quality and performance. We heard about some issues with night period, but it happens to certain users only. We plan to provide the update, but I'm not able to say when it comes.
codeblue
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by codeblue »

Sorry to not have been more specific, I'm talking about an average frame rate of 5 to 8.

Have a good day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

This is very low indeed. What are your sim settings? If you set them lower, is there any difference? Can you provide your log.txt and scenery_packs.ini (please zip them and attach here).
codeblue
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by codeblue »

Thank you for your help. I hope I've done it properly.
codeblue
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by codeblue »

Not surprisingly if I set the graphic settings halfway the frame rate rise above 30...