Washington Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2022)

xtek
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: xtek

Re: Washington Landmarks MSFS

Post by xtek »

I just downloaded Washington Landmarks MSFS from Steam. From what I can see on the forum there may be some problem with elevations. In my case the capital building is sunken by quite a bit. The helicopter beside the White House is sunken and there is a problem in the Oval Office. I have attached screen shots. My version is 1.0.6. I'm assuming that something MSFS did caused this since the YouTube videos I watched before buying this app did not have any of these problems. I am new to MSFS and don't know how the fix or update works. Will you notify me via email or should I check within MSFS from time to time to see if Washington Landmarks has been updated?
xtek
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by xtek »

For some reason the photos of the dropped ceiling effect in the Oval Office didn't make it into my original post. It looks like the ceiling dropped or a solid plain has cut through the room.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thanks, copy that.
It looks like the default model was not removed correctly.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

OK, I am unable to recreate the issue. Do you have the USA pack installed? Actually, in my case, it looks fine in both cases...
Was it purchased from the Marketplace or another store?
Do you have any other sceneries installed for Washington DC? Any special settings?

xtek
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by xtek »

Thanks for your reply. I just recently bought MSFS from Steam and I do have all the updates including the USA update. I found your software from within the sim (Marketplace) and it was downloaded from Steam. I noticed that when I highlight Washington Landmarks in the Content Manager that I have ver 1.0.6 and it also says the Min Game Ver is 1.8.3 (whatever that means). I also see that the version that you seem to offer online is ver 1.0. I am just a bit confused about that. Do you think it has something to do with Steam? Should I get your program elsewhere?
xtek
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by xtek »

Forgot to mention that I have no other sceneries installed and I am not running with any special settings.
xtek
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by xtek »

I see that I can download your program from Just Flight. The Steam version I have is totally integrated into MSFS and I don't see it in my Community folder but it does appear in Content Manager. Do you think this could be a corrupt version from Steam and I should delete it and get the one from Just Flight. Or do you have a better site to get your program from? If there have been updates I would like to go where I can get the latest one.

I am concerned that you are unable to recreate my problem. Like I said, I am a relatively new user of MSFS and I don't have anything added. It's a very simple setup.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, apparently there was one more user reporting a similar problem, so I just wondering what you might have both in common.
crgmu wrote: Sunday 17 Jan 2021, 04:01 After latest update to MSFS there is a large upshoot in elevation (approx. 60+ feet) at the Capitol, with the Capitol sunk in to proper elevation. (...) the error is replicated even when scenery is uninstalled and reinstalled.
xtek
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by xtek »

I don't know but I can say that for me, I am a nubie and don't have anything very sophisticated loaded on MSFS. Bare bones. I just wonder if it has something to do with Steam. I have had problems with them before. I downloaded a moving map for FSX from Steam that never worked. Of course, I had tried to get it to work past their abysmal 2 hour limit and couldn't get my money back :(

Would you suggest deleting the Washington Landmarks MSFS I downloaded from Steam and download one from Just Flight?

Also, what is the deal with the different version numbers mentioned in my previous message?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Regarding this different version numbers - frankly speaking we have no idea.

We also checked the scenery in MSFS in various configurations and we are not able to replicate any problems.
xtek
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by xtek »

I've determined that my problems are not solely limited to the Steam version of Washington Landmarks. I deleted the in-game Steam version and bought one from Just Flight and I have encountered the exact same anomalies. As for what initially appeared like the Capital building had sunk, the actual issue is that the surrounding terrain on all sides of the Capital is raised. It looks like the elevation data is corrupted and the result is a "hump" adjacent to the Capital. Interestingly enough, the huge shift in elevation seems to take place along roads on three sides of the Capital. I have attached photos of these elevation errors. The fifth photo with the "Washington Monument" POI showing is an additional "hump" I noticed just south of the Capital building.

Just to be clear, am I communicating with customer service or am I just on a forum? In other words, am I going about reporting my problems the right way? I stumbled onto this forum and I think this is the way I communicate to Drzewiecki Design that my software does not perform as advertised but at this point I am not sure. What should I do now? Is there an email address I should use to communicate directly with someone in software development?

Finally, if there is something I wish to share with Drzewiecki Design privately and I don't want it to be on a public forum, how do I do that?
xtek
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by xtek »

Sorry, forgot to attach the photos. Here they are...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Pics not visible.
I'd suggest using https://ddesign.imgbb.com/ (or similar websites) to upload your pictures.
xtek
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by xtek »

Per your request, I've added the promised photos to imgbb. Also, please check out my two questions below:

Just to be clear, when I send you messages am I communicating with customer service or am I just on a forum? In other words, am I going about reporting my problems the right way? I stumbled onto this forum and I think this is the way I communicate to Drzewiecki Design that my software does not perform as advertised but at this point I am not sure. What should I do now? Is there an email address I should use to communicate directly with someone in software development?

Finally, if there is something I wish to share with Drzewiecki Design privately and I don't want it to be on a public forum, how do I do that?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

xtek wrote: Tuesday 26 Jan 2021, 18:41 am I communicating with customer service or am I just on a forum?
Yes, this is a place where you can inform about your problems with the scenery designed by Drzewiecki Design - our forum is the fastest and the most efficient way of solving technical issues and to share problems with the community.
xtek wrote: Tuesday 26 Jan 2021, 18:41 share with Drzewiecki Design privately and I don't want it to be on a public forum
We are not a fans of private messages, but theoretically on our website there can be found our business Email - nevertheless it's not dedicated to customer support.