Memory Load %=18
Total Page File GB=49.1
Available Page File %=83
Total Virtual GB=2
Available Virtual %=92
[PRODUCT]
Product Name=Moscow Landmarks MSFS
Product Version=v1.1
Product Path=C:\Users\Piotr\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community
MSFS Path=C:\Users\Piotr\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages
Package Name=drzewieckidesign-moscowlandmarks
Install Option=MS Store (UserCfg.opt used)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Moscow Landmarks MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Witam.
Wiele osób nie ma zainstalowanych produktów w głównym katalogu, to nie powinno sprawiać problemu. Myślę, że potrzebowałbym bardziej dokładny opis tego zjawiska.

Faktycznie, symulator przy restarcie może poprosić o ponowne wskazanie katalogu z produktami (dzieje się tak zawsze przy usuwaniu folderów z Community), należy po prostu wskazać ten katalog. Nie ma potrzeby niczego ściągać.

Wg pliku powyżej, zarówno symulator jak i ścieżka instalacji znajdują się w głównym katalogu a nie w zewnętrznej lokalizacji i informacja ta została zaczerpnięta przez nasz instalator z pliku UserCfg.opt, który to plik podaje poprawną ścieżkę do katalogu, w którym znajduje się folder Community.
stavka wrote: Sunday 27 Sep 2020, 18:09 But important to say and i repeat, for the ones that have msfs out of c: on ms store, after the folder "Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe" everything is linked folder and not folders, and the issue with installer is that, when it uninstall the 1.01 it broken the link to LocalCache and not delete the contents of it.
When msfs try again to run the link not exist and it try to repair or redownload all again.
I am afraid I would need more details, I do not really get what the issue is. Can you please describe it step-by-step?:
1. What happens when you run the sim after installing our product?
2. Does the sim ask to enter a path to where the content is installed (Official and Community folders)?
3. What happens when you select the correct folder?
stavka
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: stavka

Post by stavka »

Ok,
When 1.01 released, I had 1.01 installed and all ok, the software auto detect the folder and all ok.
Now, when 1.1 released, it says in simmarket newsletter that you not need to uninstall it previously. So I executed 1.1 with 1.01 installed.
1.1 installer auto detected the presence of 1.01 and says that i should uninstall it, i say yes, then the installer instead of removed the 2 moscow folders on community folder, it removed the linked folder (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_link) to localcache of msfs! Yes it makes non sense, but its a bug, bugs are non sense!

As i mentioned before, when you have msfs through ms store (non steam) you can choose to install on c: and no linked folders, or in another hdd and then the ms store creates linked folders on c: structure to link to were msfs is installed. In this way for the software it looks that all are in c: but its not ( its the nature of linked folder), really, you should see in detail how linked folders works. For example if i create a linked folder c:\teste\name to d:\name both are linked and if in d:\name i have a file xpto.txt, in c: the path became c:\teste\name\xpto.txt. it looks that xpto.txt are in c: but its not, it are in d: but linked through “name” symbolic folder link.
Your installer not delete/uninstall the moscow folders in community folder, it delete the linked folder to localcache, only the link!!!!! the real contents of it (that are in the other drive) still exist there.
So, to fix exist 2 ways, or going to the msfs app settings on windows 10 and do a repair (its fast and it recreate the linked folder to the physical folder and all done, or the pain process of execute msfs and then it detect that localcache not exist (because the link is not there and he not see that real folder location, and start to redownload and reinstall 120GB, ouch!!!

so, after i have it repaired, i needed to manually delected the old moscow folders, and then run the 1.1 installer again, in that way, it not detect the 1.01 anymore, it auto detect the community folder (as before) and correctly install the moscow 1.1 and runs well.

The issue? 1.1 installer when try to uninstall the previous version, instead of doing it correctly, it screws the msfs installation deleting the LocalCache linked folder of msfs.

I know 3 people that this happened and all in the same situation, msfs from msstore installed on folder other than c:
stavka
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by stavka »

This example:
C:\Users\Piotr\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community
the path is correct and works, BUT LocalCache is a linked folder, LocalCache\Packages\Community are in other hdd drive.
The uninstaller instead of delete the 2 moscow folders in:
C:\Users\Piotr\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community
it broke the link to LocalCache in:
C:\Users\Piotr\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\
and after his “broken” old uninstallation, if you procede with 1.1 installation before msfs repair, it created a new physical folder of LocalCache and when msfs will run only see moscow and no default aircraft and sceneries and reinstall all again, its a big fail.
PiotrMKG
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: PiotrMKG

Post by PiotrMKG »

Może odpowiem na te pytania bo miałem to samo

1. What happens when you run the sim after installing our product?
Po zainstalowaniu ver1.1 i uruchomieniu aplikacji zaraz po Checking for Updates zaczyna od nowa pobierać wszystkie pakiety 120GB jak przy nowej instalacji gry.
2. Does the sim ask to enter a path to where the content is installed (Official and Community folders)?
O nic nie pyta od razu wykrywa brak danych w LocalCache i domniemywa, iż instalacja jeszcze nie została przeprowadzona do końca, a że wcześniejszy katalog, który był odnośnikiem do tego samego katalogu tylko na innym hdd, jest teraz zwykłym katalogiem to pobiera te 120GB do niego jakby gra była zainstalowana na C:
3. What happens when you select the correct folder?
Nie ma zastosowania ze względu na odp 2. A podczas instalacji ver 1.1 o ile dobrze pamietam to wykrywa katalog na C: jak większość instalatorów tylko iż jest to katalog podlinkowany to np. ORBX mimo iż wykrywa iż niby jest na C: to u mnie normalnie instaluje na D: u Was wykrywa na C:i instaluje na C: przy okazji niszcząc ten link do np. D: Nie widziałem tam opcji wyboru innego katalogu albo nie było to zbyt widoczne podczas instalacji. Dziś udało mi się w ramach opcji fix https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/ ... e-Gamepass naprawić ten link a ver 1.1 przeniosłem na D: (Ctrl+x, Ctrl+v) na D: tam gdzie ver1.0 była. Jak wrócę z pracy to sprawdzę czy działa jak należy
stavka
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by stavka »

So, in my situation it never ask for paths it did all automatically and auto detect all, but deal bad and had a not correct behaviour when the LocalCache was not a real folder but instead a linked one.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok guys, show me how that "LocalCache linked folder" looks like in your case. It seems I am still not getting it...
Can you show your folder structure, please?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you show via sreenshot (https://imgbb.com/) how this folder with links look like?
stavka
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by stavka »

The structure is exactly the same as not linked, the only visual difference is that in that link folders it have a tiny arrow on the folder icon.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

And is there any practical reasons of linking folders that way?
I mean - when the sim is installed you can install the content (Official/Community) anywhere. What is that linking for?
stavka
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by stavka »

Hi,
can you join discord here?
(deleted)
i can show you all and tell you, more fast and dynamic than through here, can you please, delete this post after join, to avoid advertise of link.
thank you!!!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

OK, thanks to Stavka I am now aware of the issue. The very reason for the issue is not known yet though.

Currently, the best way of proceeding is simply to perform manual removal of files. We will do our best to fix that asap.
stavka
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by stavka »

Thank You so much!!!
I saw your message! I'm happy that the problem is now isolated :)
Have a great day!
maxileith
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: maxileith

Post by maxileith »

Hello, I just wanted to raise the question of why the improved airports do not have a star on the map.

Best regards
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Hmm, good question. We will add a star in a future update.