Moscow Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.2 (2020)

Terrik
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Terrik

Re: Moscow Landmarks MSFS

Post by Terrik »

Since the new MSFS update I have CTD as soon as i come in Range of the Buildings from the Moskow and Washington Pack.
When I start directly over - lets say the Kremlin - the buildings get loaded but after I press "Ready to Fly" I get a CTD again after one or two seconds.

It worked perfectly fine before the MSFS update.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your report - let us check it.
Terrik
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Terrik »

Please tell me when or if you found the problem :D
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Terrik wrote: Saturday 19 Sep 2020, 01:04 found the problem
It looks like something with MSFS 2020 itself after the last patch, which we don't have any influence to. There are much more similar reports on the different forums, which refer to different sceneries, so I'm afraid we probably will have to wait for fix from Asobo.
Terrik
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Terrik »

Thank you!
I hope Asobo is aware of the problem ...
andrew2080
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: andrew2080

Post by andrew2080 »

Thank you, but what should i do exactly?

Reactivate something?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

andrew2080 wrote: Wednesday 23 Sep 2020, 14:22 Thank you, but what should i do exactly?
Hi. Are you referring to this problem? https://skr.sh/s4Cg79642Pt

Did you select this location manually or was it selected automatically? It does not seem to be a correct installation folder to me...
andrew2080
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: andrew2080

Post by andrew2080 »

yes.

I have chosen this location manually. And installer have accepted this folder.

If this folder is incorrect, please, give me correct loation.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I would try:
H:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Packages
Anyway, you need to select a folder where the Community folder is located.

Somewhere in your Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe folder there should be a LocalCache folder with a UserCfg.opt file. If you open that file (with a notepad), on the very bottom line you will see the correct path.
stavka
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: stavka

Post by stavka »

Hi,
I installed the new 1.1 version, it detected that 1.01 was installed and suggest for uninstall, when it did, it wrongly removed my lik to LocalCache!!!
Because my msfs is not installed on C: in that msfs folder exist folder links instead of physical folders. So I needed to do a msfs repair.

BUT we have another "issue" this 1.1 looks that not have airports improvements like older version!?!?
Before we had 2 folders, the landmarks and airports, now it only install landmarks, and the install options is empty, i can only select manual/doc or not.

How i fix this to install also the airports improvements?
(i tried run installer multiple times but it only have the docs option)
Thanks
Tercio
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Frankly speaking we have no idea what was wrong in your case. I'm not sure if the location of your previous installation was correct. I hope it's working now.
stavka wrote: Saturday 26 Sep 2020, 13:50 not have airports improvements
There is only drzewieckidesign-moscowlandmarks indeed - everything is already in one package
stavka
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by stavka »

Hi, thanks about your fast reply.
About airports, its cool, ok, now all included. About that issue, I have a friend on steam, that he have the same issue even worst. Me i only need to do a App software repair, was fast and it rebuild the folder link to LocalCache, about him, his msfs was so screwed that when it tried to start again, it started to redownload and reinstall all (100GB)...

Yes 1.01 was ok without any issues and on the correct place. Now both are working and ok, but with a reinstall of msfs and a repair.
Both, me and my friend we have the msfs through ms store and on a different folder than C:, so the msfs folder in c: have dynamic links to the folders of msfs that exist on other drive (this is all done automatically by ms store installer).
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi, stavka.
Sorry to hear about your installation issues. I believe I kind of understand the issue you are describing however I am afraid I have absolutely no idea how it can be related to our installer. What our installer does, it searches for the UserCfg.opt file in the LocalCache and if not found, asks for a manual selection of the correct folder and saves that info into the registry. That's all. There is no physical way our installer can "screw up" MSFS or even edit any default MSFS files.

Our installer also removes particular folders from the Community folder during install (older version of Moscow) and, probably, FS, during re-launch, asks you to point to the folder above the Community folder again (in order to rebuild the Content.xml file, as we do not edit that file automatically). This is expected, frankly happens very often and the only thing required is to point to your installation directory again.

To give us a little bit more information, please send us the information.cfg file located in the drzewieckidesign-moscowlandmarks package folder. Thanks!
stavka
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by stavka »

Hi,
I could attach a file here if forum not told me all the time that file extension is invalid, i even tried txt but not works.
Anyway, his contents looks all good. The paths there are also correct. But important to say and i repeat, for the ones that have msfs out of c: on ms store, after the folder "Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe" everything is linked folder and not folders, and the issue with installer is that, when it uninstall the 1.01 it broken the link to LocalCache and not delete the contents of it.
When msfs try again to run the link not exist and it try to repair or redownload all again.
PiotrMKG
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: PiotrMKG

Post by PiotrMKG »

Witam,

Mam ten sam problem co osoba powyżej, po zainstalowaniu ver 1.1 zostaje zamieniony odnośnik do innego dysku na zwykły katalog, w którym jest zainstalowany tylko moscow landmarks 1.1, przez co absolutnie wszystko co się znajduje w Localcache na innym dysku przestaje być widziane przez symulator, orbx central, asu updater, flightbeam contrail. to jest jakaś masakra, bo trzeba pobrać ponownie cale 120GB FS'a.