Washington Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2022)

MarkManner
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: MarkManner

Re: Washington Landmarks MSFS

Post by MarkManner »

I have a related question, in that I bought the Washington Landmarks before it was included in the MSFS 2020 Marketplace. Is there a way to transfer my purchase to the Marketplace, so I can use it's updating function rather than having to manually download? I can provide my order number and details as needed.
Thanks,
Mark Manner
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello EvidencePlz.
Here you can check which custom objects are implemented: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/images ... dm_16b.jpg . The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is there indeed.
Regarding the optional features - there will be optional features neither in Marketplace installers not in classic store installers. The initial release version had them as optional only due to some minor bugs related to SDK limitations. The next update (v1.1) will install everything in one go. We are working on an additional Product Manager application that would handle such things as a custom feature but this is still at a quite experimental stage so far. Right now it will be possible to simply manually remove files responsible for those custom airports but this is not recommended.

Hello MarkManner.
You will need to contact the managers of those platforms to get an answer to your question. These platforms do not belong to us and we have no way of telling if this is possible (although I personally doubt that).
lukasrz
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by lukasrz »

Ludzie czekają na polskie lotniska a robicie landmarki, ah ta komercja =]
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Forum to służy wsparciu technicznemu - z tego względu prosimy o niepublikowanie treści niezwiązanych z pomocą techniczną.
Hano
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Hano

Post by Hano »

The Washington Landmarks came as .exe file. What does this .exe file do? Just decompressing the datafiles and put them into the community folder? Are there any files saved in in other folders?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hano wrote: Monday 05 Oct 2020, 14:20 decompressing the datafiles and put them into the community folder
Exactly as you're saying.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

.exe is a common filename extension denoting an executable file (the main execution point of a computer program) for Microsoft Windows.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.exe
topgun1
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by topgun1 »

Are you planning to include Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial in an upcoming update? My recent download did not include 16th Street "Black Lives Matter" street letters...was it removed from your download?. Thanks!
EvidencePlz
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: EVPlz

Post by EvidencePlz »

Hello dev Stanislaw,

Thanks for your reply viewtopic.php?p=22287#p22287

And thanks for letting me know that the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is modelled.

Unfortunately, another customer of this addon said it's not, and to prove it, he showed me screenshot of it from MSFS 2020 where it's just a default, AI model. Please see: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/wo ... videnceplz

Here's also a video of it where you can see that the tomb is just a default AI model as the picture above shows it https://youtu.be/C1WJ8JGZAJE?t=2796

I fully understand and can confirm that Arlington National Cemetery itself is modelled. No doubt about that. But I was just trying to make sure that the tomb of the unknown soldier, which is located near the cemetery, is also modelled.

It would be a big favor if you could kindly take your time and check again. I will still buy the addon, like I've done in the past for other sims, and I understand if modelling the tomb of the unknown soldiers wasn't your original intention, but if you model and add it in future, you would really make me an extremely happy and proud customer by doing so, as the tomb has a special place in my heart, and I will recommend your addons to others even more than I already do!

Thank you again, dev for all the hard work you do. :-)
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

topgun1 wrote: Tuesday 06 Oct 2020, 17:34 Martin Luther King
On a to-do list :)
topgun1 wrote: Tuesday 06 Oct 2020, 17:34 not include 16th Street "Black Lives Matter" street letters
This is on photo texure, but our product doesn't include such one. So it seems to not relating to our product.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

topgun1 wrote: Tuesday 06 Oct 2020, 17:34 My recent download did not include 16th Street "Black Lives Matter" street letters
Hi.
Our product uses default Bing data. If it is not there perhaps it was changed in the recent simulator update.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

EvidencePlz wrote: Wednesday 07 Oct 2020, 03:31 the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Apparently, it will be added in the next update. :wink:
colinwedd
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Colin

Post by colinwedd »

Hello,

Just a question, I noticed that in some previous simulations releases, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) was enhanced in Washington Landmarks. Is there any intent to enhance it for the MSFS version in any future updates?

Thanks,
Colin
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
KDCA will probably be released as a separate product.
topgun1
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by topgun1 »

Thanks for the response on MLK and BLM street letters.