Washington Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2022)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Washington Landmarks MSFS

Post by Martin_Starski »

Good to hear that it's working for you. Let's hope that in the future such workarounds will not be needed :)
Finbar
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Finbar

Post by Finbar »

Can I have a list of all of the edited landmarks?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

Morning Stanislaus,

Hey just and FYI witht the latest update to MSFS and their Elevation corrections. the Congressional building is raise quite drastically in the Scenery now. Will need adjustment on future updates.

Thanks,
:D
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, we will have to take a look - BTW, have you tried to rebuild SceneryIndexes folder and content.xml file? (of course always do the backup). Maybe something has been modified there after the last update.
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: FrequentFlyer

Post by FrequentFlyer »

I discovered a problem after the new Washington Landmarks update. When I was looking through changes I discovered the Washington Monument is now looking way more better, at first I was really excited. But then after inspecting some other landmarks and returning to the Washington Monument to take a more dedicated look I noticed that the White House, Capitol and Washington Monument are duplicated now with the default landmarks. I tried to reinstall the add on, I tried then to remove scenery indexes and content.xml, I tried to both restart my PC and shut down... but I still see the duplicates. :(
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Very strange. Can you post the screenshot please? When have you updated the Washington Landmarks? What other sceneries do you have installed?
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FrequentFlyer »

Sorry for my late reply. I only have some Marketplace, ORBX and Flightsim.to add ons, but all of them except the World Update landmarks are outside of the US. I also lately removed almost all of my community folder, but this barely could affect the Washington Landmarks scenery, as all of the Marketplace scenery is installed directly into the official MSFS folder.
There are the screenshots. https://imgur.com/a/KOYgcEz
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

As far as I remember, we discussed about this some times ago - maybe it's something relating to your case:
Here is a reply from Asobo:

"This is an issue we’re aware of. You need to remove the USA POI from your content manager to prevent it from being displayed over [custom] content. We know this workaround isn’t optimal, but hopefully, someday we’ll have a better solution to offer."

This is not fully clear so far as obviously for most customers everything works correctly.
And as far as I remember - deleting of SceneryIndexes folder and content.xml was solving the issue to many users.
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FrequentFlyer »

I decided to try on it a bit harder, using different install/reinstall order - and it finally worked! But I still wish you could use some Asobo's landmarks there instead. Some of them, like the Washington Monument not only look aesthetically more pleasing, but even have a more up-to-date design. So, at least the most important landmarks could be done in HQ, like Asobo and ORBX currenlty does. London for example, have a huge ammount of HQ Landmarks and even photogrammetry, but still runs smoothly if you have a dencent ammount of RAM. But it is just my 2 cents, just wish that the quality between the landmarks and airports packs will not be that different. :wink:
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thank you for your suggestions - obviously we'll consider them. I'm glad to hear that it's finally working for you.
hcdp91
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: hcdp91

Post by hcdp91 »

Did an independence day flight earlier in the day, just wanted to add my comments and suggestions.
1. The terrain around the Capitol Building is messed up, perhaps a game patch messed things up there? the mesh is incorrect around that building.
2. I agree with the other comments that the team should greatly consider deferring to the new asobo default landmark scenery for certain objects such as the lincoln memorial and the washington monument, as I believe they have slightly higher fidelity, but I would still like to enjoy the other additions your product offers. Perhaps in the installer there could be an option to overwrite that World Update scenery or not?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

hcdp91 wrote: Monday 05 Jul 2021, 08:37 the mesh is incorrect a
Without our landmarks elevation is ok around the Capitol building?
hcdp91 wrote: Monday 05 Jul 2021, 08:37 new asobo default landmark scenery
Thanks for your suggestion - noted.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Our scenery should be higher on the scenery list than the World Update (this "fix" is described a bit earlier in this topic)
hcdp91
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: hcdp91

Post by hcdp91 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 06 Jul 2021, 08:16 Our scenery should be higher on the scenery list than the World Update (this "fix" is described a bit earlier in this topic)
Okay I will try this my apologies