Washington Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2022)

hb42
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: hb

Re: Washington Landmarks MSFS

Post by hb42 »

After installing 1.1, I am seeing overlapping White Houses from the Asobo USA landmarks pack and the Washington Landmarks pack. Does the Washington Landmarks pack not exclude the Asobo one? (It's possible that this issue existed in 1.0 - it had been quite a while since I had visited the area in the sim).

Also, Marine One appears to be sitting in a pit in the South Lawn.
hb42
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: hb

Post by hb42 »

hb42 wrote: Saturday 13 Mar 2021, 06:25 After installing 1.1, I am seeing overlapping White Houses from the Asobo USA landmarks pack and the Washington Landmarks pack. Does the Washington Landmarks pack not exclude the Asobo one? (It's possible that this issue existed in 1.0 - it had been quite a while since I had visited the area in the sim).

Also, Marine One appears to be sitting in a pit in the South Lawn.
Disregard. I saw the fix of deleting content.xml in a previous post on this thread. Tried that and it resolve the issue.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Glad to hear - happy flying!
manihell
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: mani

Post by manihell »

Hello, as a DC native I really appreciate your product. Thanks!

I'm having an issue- not sure if it's with ASOBO or you guys? FPS are great in and around the mall area. As soon as I get to the cathedral / Georgetown reservoir heading towards KIAD my frames tank. Once I get a few miles away my FPS start to recover. If I turn back towards DC my FPS tank again in this area and begin to recover once I get over the mall and KDCA area? I've repeated this numerous times very consistently. Any ideas? I tried removing KIAD without success.

Thanks!!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, should we understand that without Washington Landmarks everything is fine at the indicated locations?
Secondly - what other addons do you have? USA POI?
pkreitz
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: pkreitz

Post by pkreitz »

Hi, after updating to 1.1, I got two questions:

1. I noticed an issue with the Capitol - there is an unnatural elevation around the whole building, causing incorrect terrain. It is a rectangle, so it seems really to be an error in modelling.

2. After the update, there is a folder simply named "CGL" in the Community-folder; containing just a file named sai010.cgl (in a subfolder). Does that really have to be there? Is that maybe causing the problem with the terrain around the Capitol?

Thanks in advance for your help - and for your great work at all.

Edit: I tested it with a blank comm. folder; just the US World Update installed with its changes to the DC-area.
AndyM01
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Andrew

Post by AndyM01 »

manihell wrote: Monday 15 Mar 2021, 02:35 Hello, as a DC native I really appreciate your product. Thanks!

I'm having an issue- not sure if it's with ASOBO or you guys? FPS are great in and around the mall area. As soon as I get to the cathedral / Georgetown reservoir heading towards KIAD my frames tank. Once I get a few miles away my FPS start to recover. If I turn back towards DC my FPS tank again in this area and begin to recover once I get over the mall and KDCA area? I've repeated this numerous times very consistently. Any ideas? I tried removing KIAD without success.

Thanks!!
You may want to check out the MSFS forums, there are plenty of threads on there regarding FPS issues since the last 'update'. For me, I saw an overall FPS drop of around 10, but have clawed that back by lowering my settings, but there are some geographical area's that frame rates can drop significantly, and actually make the sim unusable.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

pkreitz wrote: Monday 15 Mar 2021, 13:45 just the US World Update installed with its changes to the DC-area.
Have you tried this?
I found the solution! :D At least for me...

Locate a folder starting with Microsoft.FlightSimulator_ (the rest might differ from system to system) within your C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\ folder
Then backup the marked SceneryIndexes folder and content.xml (just in case) and delete both.

Start the sim, it might take a few seconds longer than usual but eventually this solved the problem for me. This also fixed other, rather minor issues on sceneries like ORBX LOWI, this is also where I got the idea from, so kudos to the ORBX guys (https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/199 ... t-useable/)

Hope this helps and works for you too xtec.

#edit: Btw it didn't work just to edit the content.xml where all addons are listed, it seems this is directly connected to the scenery index files
pkreitz
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: pkreitz

Post by pkreitz »

Hey Martin, thanks for reaching back. I am gonna try this.

But i am still wondering about that CGL folder, as some of the other guys too. Can you tell us what is it good for?
manihell
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: mani

Post by manihell »

Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 15 Mar 2021, 13:01 Hi, should we understand that without Washington Landmarks everything is fine at the indicated locations?
Secondly - what other addons do you have? USA POI?
Hey, yeah looks like it's an ASOBO problem. Uninstalled landmarks and I can still replicate the issue. This is the first real break for me from one of their updates, unfortunately...
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for letting us know.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

Hello to all. I am intended to purchase both DD Washington DC Landmarks and DD KDCA Airport for MSFS. But, I learned the KDCA has animated Metro trains. Does the Landmarks have animated train as well? Also, can be edited the Trump Presidential staff, removed or replaced?
Patricio
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Washington Landmarks does not have animated trains, only the airport does.

The Oval Office people were replaced in the latest update.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Tuesday 16 Mar 2021, 06:56 Hi.
Washington Landmarks does not have animated trains, only the airport does.

The Oval Office people were replaced in the latest update.
I see maybe a problem with trains if Landmarks trains are static then the animated trains from KDCA will bleed over the statics. Or, can be removed the static trains?
Patricio
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Patricio, do you have such problem or are you considering what problems could happen if you buy the sceneries? Because I'm not fully sure what is standing behind your question.