Washington Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2022)

trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Re: Washington Landmarks MSFS

Post by trisho0 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Tuesday 16 Mar 2021, 23:35 Patricio, do you have such problem or are you considering what problems could happen if you buy the sceneries? Because I'm not fully sure what is standing behind your question.
Sure, as I said earlier I am intended to purchase both the Washing DC Landmarks and KDCA Airport all together. Anyway, never mind. I can live with the animated Train hitting to the static Train of Landmarks (lol).
Patricio
bboyare
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Miniki

Post by bboyare »

Hi!

While I'm really enjoying this scenery, I'm wondering if this bridge is supposed be like this?(see the attached image) just lying next to the default bridge?
Everything has been newly installed. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

bboyare
Hi. Yes, it does. It is a newly constructed bridge and currently, it stands next to an active road, not being used for traffic yet.

trisho0
There is no such problem with our products - both products are fully compatible with each other.
idaniel83
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by idaniel83 »

Hi, is it possible to have an Orbx compatible product key emailed to people that purchased your products before your partnership with Orbx commenced please? It would be very convenient for customers to make the most of your new partnership by being able to manage as many third party add-ons as possible in one place (for auto updates, reinstallations etc.). I purchased Washington and Moscow landmarks on Sim Market upon release, before they were available on Orbx Central - so they do not show up as 'Owned' on their interface. Thanks
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 18 Mar 2021, 06:09 trisho0
There is no such problem with our products - both products are fully compatible with each other.
Then it is time to grab them, Washington DC Landmarks and KDCA airport.
Thanks so much.
Patricio
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

idaniel83 wrote: Thursday 18 Mar 2021, 18:12 Hi, is it possible to have an Orbx compatible product key emailed to people that purchased your products before your partnership with Orbx commenced please?
Hi.
You may ask ORBX or the store where you purchased such products however I do not think that stores would be willing to do this. Anyway, we do not handle the sale process so the only thing you may do is to ask a company (store) that you bought our product from.
VFXSimmer
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: VFXSimmer

Post by VFXSimmer »

Hi,

Really enjoying your work. Flew all over DC yesterday. I did correct an issue I had earlier with the White House and the Capital by deleting the SceneryIndexes folder and content.xml. (same issue as others mentioned earlier in the thread).

However, even after that I'm seeing all of the buildings at Andrews Air Force Base floating by a few feet. Is that a known issue or could there be something else afoot?

Thanks so much!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sounds strange - can you share the screenshot please (can be via https://imgbb.com)
cirurginn
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Gonzalo

Post by cirurginn »

Hi, I have a problem with this product, I bought it through the MSFS Marketplace.
I cannot take off from KDCA airport if I have Washington Landmarks installed.
No matter if its the default airport or the KDCA add on (which I also bought) from Drzewiecki Design.
Whenever I try to select a Gate or parking spot, MSFS crashes to desktop.

The only way I can select KDCA is if I remove Washington Landmarks.

Have anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, which version have you installed? I suggest installing tge last one. Then some users also suggested to locate a folder starting with Microsoft.FlightSimulator_(the rest might differ from system to system) within your C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\folder, then backup the SceneryIndexes folder and content.xml (just in case) and delete both. Afterwards start the sim, which might take a few seconds longer than usual but may solve similar problems.
Rd09
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Rd09

Post by Rd09 »

Hello Drzewiecki Designs,
I wanted to thank you for your extensive work on the MSFS packages. Great Job. I already bought three of them; KDCA Wash Nat'l, Chicago Landmarks, and Washington Landmarks. I enjoy them very much!

I have a question about the Washington Landmarks, primarily about the graphics for Joint Base Andrews. I flew in and out of that base for nearly 10 years, so I know the layout and look very well.
In the latest update, the developer really enhanced the runway markings and concrete texture that make up the west runway (Rwy 01L/19R). Although the markings are excellent, the texture of that concrete runway is very clean and bright in your package. Would it be possible to add tire marks and skid marks for realism?
Again, thanks for your excellent graphic designs!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your kind words and this suggestion - it's noted, so we will take it into consideration for the next update.
flyinghigh74
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: flyinghigh74

Post by flyinghigh74 »

Hello Drzewiecki Designs,
Firstly thanks for the great scenery and airport around Washington DC.
Unfortunately I have a problem similar to the post by cirurginn in that if I select any gate or runway from KDCA I get an immediate crash to desktop. Arrivals to KDCA are fine though I can land and taxi with no issue, it is only when I select a runway or parking stand as a starting point. If I uninstall the Washington Landmarks package the airport works fine and I can select any of the available gates or runways as a starting point. I have tried deleting the SceneryIndexes folder and content.xml and this allowed things to work once but then the fault re-occured. I have also tried to re-install both sceneries from scratch and I do not have rolling cache enabled. Any help would be appreciated
For information I purchased KDCA from Orbx and Washington Landmarks from SimMarket?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for your report - we will check it again in the sim after all last updates.
BTW: my few colleagues also had the similar problem few times and in such case it helps to start flight choosing only airport without stand or runway. Afterwards restart the sim and then all the day it was possible to choose stand or runway without any CTD. At the moment we are not sure what is causing the problem and why, especially as it's not constant. We are afraid that it might be something with the sim engine, but we'll monitor the issue.
flyinghigh74
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: flyinghigh74

Post by flyinghigh74 »

Thanks for your reply Martin, I can confirm that if I just start a flight at the airport only, then return to the main menu I can then reselect the airport and pick any stand or runway without a CTD. This allows me to depart from this excellent airport now. Much appreciated for the workaround :D