Washington Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2022)

FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: FrequentFlyer

Re: Washington Landmarks MSFS

Post by FrequentFlyer »

Hello, I and the other person have found that some of your products for MSFS including (but probably not limited) to Seattle and Washington DC landmarks are incompatible with this amazing freeware that brings fireworks to the MSFS world https://flightsim.to/file/24818/we-love ... -fireworks
In case of Washington there was no any fireworks over the Washington DC on 4th of July (5th of July UTC) and New Year except those in the neighbouring Arlington. When I marked the landmarks pack as "false" in the content.xml everything was back in order. It is a strange issue since I found that your Moscow landmarks pack in totally compatible with it. First of all I thought that placing the firework mod before the Washington landmarks would solve the issue but the outcome was still the same.

Of course, I understand that making your products compatible with any 3rd party add-ons - especially a freeware is not your job or responsibility but maybe you can suggest some workaround or tip to understand where this problem is coming from. After all this mod makes your products look even better :wink:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Our Washington has a large exclude area however it might help to put the fireworks mode above our product on the scenery list.
Er!k
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Er!k »

I just did a flight from KDCA with Washington Landmarks enabled, and the surroundings are snowy at the moment. I took off runway 1 and noticed all the building from the Landmarks pack are entirely white. Is this intentional or a known issue? Looks really odd to me since the default buildings show up in normal color with only a white roof.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you post the screenshot please? Please bear in mind that the snow effect is mainly controlled by the sim engine - we have limited control over how it displays on airports / in cities. But obviously we will take a look into it.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This is a known issue, Asobo is looking into it.
el_ciel
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Geoff

Post by el_ciel »

Having the same issue as @Erik

See attached pic.

We haven't had a good snow in the DC area in a couple years and/or live weather is now good enough to properly display snow depth so maybe this never popped up but it looks pretty bad.

As you get closer to the buildings their color appears correct and the roofs are white.

Hope this helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

As we said:
DD Stanislaw wrote: Friday 07 Jan 2022, 06:34 This is a known issue, Asobo is looking into it.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes, this issue appears on many objects/products. Currently, there is no fix for that.
el_ciel
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Geoff

Post by el_ciel »

Got it,

Thanks for the prompt response. I'll go vote for the bug on the forums and respond here with the link.
MRAviation
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: MRAviator

Post by MRAviation »

Awesome scenery. The White House is sunk below the surrounding grounds. See pic. I have KDCA airport also (stunningly beautiful). all purchased from MSFS marketplace. I have Windows 10 PC, I7, 32gb and nVidia 1070.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Thanks. The link does not work though.
The mesh is wrong if the World Update: USA is above our product on the scenery list.
MRAviation
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by MRAviation »

Hi, Is there a fix to this issue? You mention "The mesh is wrong if the World Update: USA is above our product on the scenery list.". Is there some .INI file to put your scenery higher in priority of loading? What is meant by "USA is above our product on the scenery list"??

Thanks

Links to picture below.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/08qfv26j ... M.png/file
https://www.mediafire.com/view/08qfv26j ... M.png/file
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, 3rd party sceneries should be placed above World Update packages. To arrange the order it's necessary to open:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml

And change this order manually - the lower on the list, the higher the priority is.
MRAviation
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by MRAviation »

Thank you so much! I found the content.xml file and changed priority as you stated and now the scenery is fine.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The update v1.2 of this product has been sent to stores. Changes in the new version:

- Brand new, high-quality Washington Monument model added, with interior and dedicated sounds
- Snow removed from the Oval Office and its occupants
- Animated, wind-dependent flags now fly over the White House, Capitol, and around Washington Monument
- Animated trains added on bridges across the Potomac river
- Custom Lincoln Center replaced with the Asobo version
- Custom-made car bridges added and cars drive on them correctly
- Some optimizing work, PBR materials tweaking, and mesh editing done
- Installer offers automatic Content.xml removal for full compatibility with World Update USA