Latest version: v1.3 (2022)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Washington Landmarks MSFS

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
According to our tests, everything works exactly as expected... KDCA + Washington Landmarks. I am not sure what might be causing CTDs in your case but it does not seem that it is our product. Anyway, we will monitor this issue.

yvrbc
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: Paul

Post by yvrbc »

Hi thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Some additional information for you:

Latest version of MSFS installed 1.20.6 the Microsoft Store Version.

Community Folder empty except for Washington Landmarks and Washington KDCA. Washington Landmarks is V1.1 from Simmarket and Washington KDCA is V1.1.0 from Orbx Central.

Content.xml, scenery indexes and rolling cache all deleted and I still get CTD as I start to fly over Washington City area.

May you offer further assistance/anyone else have the issue?

Thanks in advance
yvrbc
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by yvrbc »

A little bit more info with Washington Landmarks installed only (and CGL folder?) I still get the CTD after a few moments of flying over Washington City Area.

With Washington KDCA installed only all seems ok.

I have also tried of fresh install of the latest versions of each scenery but still get CTD.

Any assistance gratefully received. Thanks in advance.
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: JEP795

Post by JEP795 »

DC is giving people CTDs even with nothing installed. I think it’s a sim issue, although Zendesk hasn’t acknowledged it.

See these threads in the forum:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ct ... -it/463310

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/pc ... l/464127/5

Hopefully they get this sorted soon! Looking forward to flying around the area again soon with the new LODs
yvrbc
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by yvrbc »

Yes that is my issues.

I will try a totally empty Community Folder tonight to prove it’s nothing to do with the Washington KDCA or Washington Landscapes Scenery add ons.

However, if it is a MSFS issue then I am surprised we are not all reporting it in this forum including the Development Team.
yvrbc
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by yvrbc »

Confirmed with default MSFS installed only and an empty Community Folder I get instant CTD at KADW and CTD after a few seconds of flying around Washington Landscapes.

I’m pleased it’s not your scenery and now hope MS fix this issue as sadly my Washington add ins can now not be used until Microsoft fix this issue.

Developers I am surprised that you are not also witnessing this issue.
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: flyfly

Post by flyfly »

With Washington Landmarks installed (but no add-on airports), I don't seem to suffer any CTD.
I landed on the lawn behind the White House and used the drone to say Hi to Joe and Kamala, and no CTD at all.

However, it's obvious that they have "updated" (so to say) the scenery with SU6, since the "Asobo White House" now overlays the Drzewiecki one, and both intersect each other badly. An update will be needed when possible, and it wouldn't be strange if the same happens in other areas.

SU6 is here!! MS and Asobo strike again!!
Tee
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Tee

Post by Tee »

Maybe just a coincidence but since I updated to MSFS 1.20.6.0 I have experienced consistent CTD around Washington DC - Joint Base Andrews (KADW). Community folder is empty. Drzewiecki Washington Landmarks removed. Still CTD flying into Washington DC / Joint Base Andrews. I can take off from nearby KDCA ( National Airport ) and fly wide circles around DC but CTD occur when I enter DC / Andrews airspace now 100% of the time.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi guys, thanks for reporting your tests - it's only my presumption but it might be that the problem is caused by some nav points - such the case was reported by some other users. In the other case someone identified the problem with REX texture, so to say something smart we need to observe what is happening. If there arise a need to update something, we will surely do but so far nothing indicates that it's our fault.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Guys, I can confirm that the CDT in the Washington DC area is directly related to the default KADW area. Unfortunately, it is related neither to our Washington Landmarks product nor to our KDCA Washington National product so we cannot fix that. The report has been sent to Asobo and we are awaiting their reply. The CTD occurs always and KADW (with default scenery) and even when you start flying towards the airport (from KDCA for example).
yvrbc
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by yvrbc »

Hi

I think that’s where we were all heading to, it’s a Asobo problem and not your add on scenery. We must now wait for them to fix it, let’s hope it’s soon.

Please keep us updated and many thanks for confirming and your assistance.
Tee
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Tee

Post by Tee »

I don't even have to fly toward KADW for the CTD. I crash 100% of the time loading a flight from KADW without Washington Landmarks installed....
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Yes, indeed - we had the same. Unfortunately again we are at the mercy of "force majeure".
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Here is a temporary work-around which fixes the CTD around KADW:
  • Go to the folder: Official*\OneStore\fs-base-cgl\CGL\032
  • Rename the bldo010.cgl file to bldo010.x_cgl or just remove it.
Many thank to N6722C and Nirgal2776 from the MS forum for finding that.

* the Official folder is in the same location as your Community folder. You can check the location of that folder by opening the
C:\Users\[...username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\UserCfg.opt
file and check-in the last entry, which might look like InstalledPackagesPath "D:\MSFS", where D:\MSFS is the path.
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: flyfly

Post by flyfly »

Hi, I'm glad you've found a workaround for CTD in the Washington area, but certainly there are other problems there too.
The White House, for example, overlays badly with the default one since SU6:
Image Image Image
Guess there may be other intersecting buildings, I'm not sure, but the problem is obvious.
I'd much ppreciate any comments.
(BTW I don't have add-on airports installed in the area, so I don't have CTD).