Washington Landmarks MSFS

Latest version: v1.3 (2022)

ramesh_jagann
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Ramesh

Re: Washington Landmarks MSFS

Post by ramesh_jagann »

Honestly, I really like Drzewiecki design for their QUALITY ON LANDMARKS but REALLY REALLY DISAPPOINTED on the NIGHT LIGHTS EFFECTS of the buildings and skyscrapers.

I bought Chicago, Frankfurt and Washington but NOT deciding to buy Seattle just because of the OVERBOARD night lighting.

All most all of your cityscape land marks look like UGLY VERSION OF LAS VEGAS AT NIGHT.

pl. REDUCE the LIGHT LUMEN RESOLUTION AND ALSO THE SIZE OF THE LIGHT PIXELS USED ON BUILDINGS AND SKY SCRAPERS. ITS UGLY, BRIGHT AND BIG.

AT NIGHT ALL BLDGS LOOKS THE SAME , BRIGHT AND UGLY

hAVING SAID THAT, the FLASH LIGHTING ON THE MONUMENTS AND LANDMARKS ARE OKAY.

PL. FIX it ASAP IN ALL CITY LANDMARKS FOR MSFS 2020

YOUR DESIGNS ARE GOOD LOOKING DURING THE DAY.... VIRTUAL DISASTER IN NIGHTS DUE TO THE PIXEL LIGHTING.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 21 Jul 2021, 19:01 Firstly thanks for your opinion - we respect all of them and we are not indifferent. On the other hand your opinion is one of dozens different reviews and our night lighting has been viewed positively by many. Please also take into account the fact that there are different graphic cards, monitor settings, graphic setting and different tastes, which we are not able to satisfy fully.

P.S. Texting in capitals is not necessary - we do not have difficulty understanding messages.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

ramesh_jagann wrote: Wednesday 21 Jul 2021, 13:47 YOUR DESIGNS ARE GOOD LOOKING DURING THE DAY.... VIRTUAL DISASTER IN NIGHTS DUE TO THE PIXEL LIGHTING.
Please don't write the same messages in many different threads. And the words such as "virtual disaster" is much overdone - this is the very first time I hear about such ostentatious formulations about our night lighting going against the stream of virtual flight community.
Wise87
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Wise87 »

Is Washington X and Washington Landmarks compatible with MSFS2020 SU5 update? Many scenery developers are having to make updates.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
We are aware of some issues introduced in the V5 update of the Sim.
We are already fixing them and will try to do that as soon as humanly possible.
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

okay, thanks Stanislaus,
I was noticing some weird ground texture behind the capitol building. :D
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks - can you share the screenshot to confirm that we have the same interference? There are many things that look like "destroyed" by the MSFS update - unfortunately, instead of working on new coming projects, we have to spend time correcting the existing MSFS sceneries :?
JEP795
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: JEP795

Post by JEP795 »

I know it's a known issue being investigated with the devsupport for MSFS, but I wanted to make the team aware that Washington Landmarks also has the 60% load issue. What's interesting with this one, in contrast to Chicago, is that I can actually spawn close to it (eg. Washington National Airport) and not get the freeze. If I spawn close to it (KIAD works too), I can then escape my current flight and then spawn over the city with no issues. I only encounter the 60% freeze when trying to load in over the city after a fresh sim restart or before spawning in a nearby area.

With Chicago this is not the case, I get the 60% freeze no matter what, and I have to spawn relatively far away in order to have the sim load in and then fly towards the city. For example I cannot spawn at KORD by FSDreamTeam, but from what I've read Umberto and team are having issues loading in themselves. Hope this is useful for the MS team that's investigating.

Regards!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The freeze is a result of the Marketplace DRM encryption fail.
Anyway, thank you for your report.
NCHawk
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: NCHawk

Post by NCHawk »

After recently purchasing the Washington Landmarks and KDCA scenery I ran into this issue after loading the scenery. It seems to be the only issue I have noticed after taking a tour of the scenery. I've included a few screenshots with annotations to point out the problems...

1) Where Marine One sits in front of the White house there seems to be a "mound" and a "hole" right where Marine One is parked.
2) The Capitol building is also surrounded (and swallowed) by a large mound.

The screenshots were taken with a basic MSFS load (no addons). The Community folder is empty other than the two sceneries. Any ideas on what can be done or is this a known bug. The simulator is the MSFS store version currently at 1.19.9.0.

Also, is there maybe any chance the Air Force Memorial could be added on the west side of the Pentagon. The location is shown in a screenshot. You can actually see the shadows burned into the ground in the satellite imagery. It's basically three curved spears reaching into the sky. Would be a great scenery addition.

The scenery is excellent other than these issues. I grew up at Andrews AFB when my dad was stationed there (one of the reasons for purchasing the scenery) and the representation of it is excellent. I remember the water tank being built near what is now the main gate off the Capital Beltway. It was originally painted in red and white squares but is now a greyish/blue with an Air Force emblem on it if my memory serves me correctly (visited the base about two years ago). Great scenery and thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
All these issues are related to the Asobo's USA pack which has to be put lower in the priority than our Washington pack.
NCHawk
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by NCHawk »

How do I do that?
NCHawk
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by NCHawk »

Never mind, GOT IT! I have never had to prioritize scenery in MSFS but I guess I just learned how. Hadn't done this since the FSX days but for those that run into this issue of the mounds like in my screenshots here is how you fix it. Find the Drzewiecki folders in the MSFS Community folder. Don't bother any of the files in the folder itself but RENAME the folders putting a Z_ at the beginning of the folder name. This forces MSFS to load the scenery package last (which effectively puts the scenery on the top of any other loaded scenery giving it the higher priority). I did this and the issue was instantly corrected. Hope this helps the next user.

Cheers!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Glad to hear that it's solved. Thanks for sharing your experience and hints - happy flying!
yvrbc
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: Paul

Post by yvrbc »

Hi

Never had an issue with this scenery until this weeks updates. Now Washington Landmarks area is unflyable CTD every location I try to start around the city, in midair or from ground.

Is this an issue you are aware of? I’ve tried scenery layering as in earlier posts but makes no difference.

Thanks in advance.