Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok, thanks.
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts
Name: FrequentFlyer

Re: Washington Landmarks MSFS

Post by FrequentFlyer »

I have tested it and by far there are my observations :)

I noticed that with the USA POI's ( microsoft-usa-point-of-interest) installed the duplicated Washington Monument, Capitol and the White House appear. I tried several different load orders. The default one with the rebuilt content.xml as per installer suggestion, above the USA POI's and below - but was getting duplicates regardless.

Without the USA POI's it works just as it should be. I can say that I am really pleased that you decided to swap all of the old landmarks with the brand new ones from the WU10. Even the old Capitol and the White House look even nicer now with all those little additions like the lamp posts, trees and the fountain that been carefully merged from the WU10. Only the Capitol Grounds for some reasons lack those additions.
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: flyfly

Post by flyfly »

Sorry to answer here, but I can't send you images with the e-mail address you used to contact me.
Once tested temporary v1.4, results are completely different for me:
DD Stanislaw wrote: Wednesday 29 Jun 2022, 08:03 Here is the new version of the Washington Landmarks MSFS, which is (should be) fully compatible with WU10 and actually WU10 is not required for the product to look correctly, as otherwise many buildings will be missing.
.../...
If you bought our product from the Marketplace or ORBX, you probably need to remove it first. You will probably need to remove this 1.4 version after testing too.
Best regards
Stanislaw
My Washington Landmarks package was bought from Simmarket, so for me it's only a matter of moving in or out of Community folder every time.

With WU10 installed (and your stuff well below Asobo's in Content.xml), those landmarks which were NOT conflicting before (White House, flags around Washington Monument, Capitol), now ARE badly duplicate and/or intersecting, as you can see in the pictures below.

Those which were duplicate before (Jefferson Memorial, Washington National Cathedral) are not anymore and look right now, since you have obviously removed them.

Worst of all is that, without WU10 (and having rebuilt Content.xml and Rollingcache.ccc), the duplicities shown in the pictures incredibly REMAIN!!

On the other hand, without WU10, obviously you can't see the landmarks you have removed (Jefferson Memorial, Washington National Cathedral), not to mention others you never included (World War II Memorial, US Marine Corps War Memorial) or all the stuff scattered across the rest of the nation, so I can't realize what you mean by "WU10 is not required for the product to look correctly".

Best thing is that trees are now back, around White House and along the Mall, either with or without WU10.

Thanks in advance for your committment, best regards.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi!
Thanks for taking a look.
But is the microsoft-usa-point-of-interest part of the WU10 or do you mean the previously released package?
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FrequentFlyer »

Likely it is the part of the previously released WU 2 that been tweaked during the WU 10 (it's says the file was modified on 14th of June when the WU 10 is released, the textures from its folder also make it look a part of the WU 2. The WU10 likely belongs to another package named "microsoft-unitedstates-point-of-interest".

So, it seems like the Landmarks pack conflicts with the WU 2 and requires WU 10 to work properly.
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FrequentFlyer »

P.S. Would it be possible to color correct the White House (also make its material smooth and remove the grain) and the Capitol? Right now they all look gray instead of white and the Asobo landmarks despite being oversimplified capture the real texture well.
I think it is something that would be easy and fast to implement.
MonsterSD619
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Dan

Post by MonsterSD619 »

Anything more on this issue? :?: :|
sa63114200
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: sa63114200

Post by sa63114200 »

Yes, a bunch of people, myself included, are silently monitoring the progress and the posts on this forum, and are hoping for a resolution sooner than later.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

I understand that you are looking for a immediate fix, but it doesn't work like that. If someone else makes you a mess, you drop what you are doing? I can only assure you that we are dealing with checking and fixing all issues caused by WUX step by step.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It seems like all issues have been fixed. We are still testing that but the product should now work perfectly with WU2+WU10 combination.
Additionally, we realized that we still had an old entrance of the Washington Monument modeled so we are currently replacing that with the new entrance.

flyfly, please have a look if you can. The link is the same. Thanks :wink:
flyfly
26-49 posts
26-49 posts
Name: flyfly

Post by flyfly »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 04 Jul 2022, 05:32 It seems like all issues have been fixed. We are still testing that but the product should now work perfectly with WU2+WU10 combination.
Additionally, we realized that we still had an old entrance of the Washington Monument modeled so we are currently replacing that with the new entrance.

flyfly, please have a look if you can. The link is the same. Thanks :wink:
Everything looking right to me now.
Thank you very much.
Once again, your level of commitment never ceases to impress me :D
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Okay, thank you very much for testing it.
As soon as the entrance is replaced, we will publish the update.
FrequentFlyer
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FrequentFlyer »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Monday 04 Jul 2022, 05:32 Additionally, we realized that we still had an old entrance of the Washington Monument modeled so we are currently replacing that with the new entrance.
Those are amazing news! Thank you very much :mrgreen:
MonsterSD619
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Dan

Post by MonsterSD619 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Monday 04 Jul 2022, 05:17 I understand that you are looking for a immediate fix, but it doesn't work like that. If someone else makes you a mess, you drop what you are doing? I can only assure you that we are dealing with checking and fixing all issues caused by WUX step by step.
Not looking for an immediate fix but a little more transparency would be nice so we know what is going on and if it is even being addressed 8)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

No worries. The update will be published this week.